Reviews for Remembering
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 7 . 6/24/2011
This is a good story! I'm glad I stumbled upon it.
niver chapter 7 . 6/4/2009
Totally amazing! Though I am slightly confused about what happened.
Gertrude2034 chapter 7 . 5/14/2009
I enjoyed the ride! I have to admit I'm still not exactly sure where we went, but I liked the writing and the imagery along the way!
Laura Harkness chapter 6 . 4/5/2009
great chapter! (sorry i'm a bit late with this - i've been writing myself and when i do it seems i have problems reading - my multi-tasking isn't as good as it used to be!). this is very exciting and i just love the last line! well... and the first line! wel... actually and all of it!

there is a small problem, though i think (or maybe i've not had enough coffee this morning):

Jack stood to follow.

versus

Tears fill Jack's eyes..

the tense seems to have changed for some reason. it is confusing to me. perhaps it is intentional but if not, you've should probably fix it. its not good to switch between past ans present tenses... (just mho).
Gertrude2034 chapter 5 . 3/24/2009
This is still really spooky! I don't have a clear idea of exactly what's going on, and the sinister noises in the forest might be something or nothing. Can't wait for Jack's knowledge of things to become clearer!
Laura Harkness chapter 5 . 3/10/2009
ah! now THIS is nine:

"Nine-hundred-years-old, me, and you're wantin' to give me some absurd nickname stolen from a bloody cartoon hare."

and now i see! the pay-off for your use of "Doc" - heh. I guess i should've read all the way through before commenting..

you clever writer, you...

beautiful:

he'd learned a lot about patience in the last few centuries.

oh dear! caught up! want more! more, please, more!
Laura Harkness chapter 4 . 3/10/2009
Nine is pretty well done. Seeing as I've (coincidentally) just finished rewatching the the series 1 jack episodes I'm not sure you've quite got Nine down. I would've thought he'd be a little more jabbering meeting jack again. But maybe its the situation...

Still, I love this and I bow down in front of you with your wonderful, mesmerizing writing...

What a wonderful mystery!
Laura Harkness chapter 3 . 3/10/2009
uh-oh. i love this so much now i'm gonna start regurgiatingn favorite lines back at you (sorry sorry):

Like all the other times you've walked away, Jack thought, his face remaining impassive.

wow.

brilliant, brilliant dialogue! wonderful little bits of jack/doctor humor that make me smile even though the story itself is spooky.

breathtaking.. simply breathtaking.
Laura Harkness chapter 2 . 3/10/2009
you write freaking beautifully! i'm blown away. such wordcraft! wow!

and i love your jack - i'm quite a jack connoisseur and i simply can't say enough good things about this.

plus the story itself leaves me breathless! woo-hoo!

just one itsy-bitsy thing. would jack really call him "doc"? hmm... of course its your jack and you can do what you want... i do empathize. its hard to keep writing "the doctor" all the time. there aren't many moniker variations to play with.

wonderful!
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
wow. you had me hooked on the first line. brilliant! this is.. um... well, i'm excited to have found it (when i write i don't read so much and i've been writing... but now i'm done and well that's boring i know).

WONDERFUL!

i can't wait to click to the next chapter. more soon!
Gertrude2034 chapter 4 . 2/25/2009
Ah, so finally we know who it is! The old doctor? But how? I'm sure you're going to tell us... You'd better! And soon!
NonExistente chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
Oh... *stomps foot in agitation* How can you keep doing this to us? Leaving such cliffhangers and keeping us in the dark about this man? Now I think I have a pretty good idea, what with the pyre etc., but now I'm not so sure :S

Please update again soon!
Gertrude2034 chapter 3 . 2/17/2009
I was sure the person trying to get in was the master, but now I'm not so sure. What's wrong with the doctor? Why did the impenetrable Tardis finally give way? So many questions - you must post again soon!
NonExistente chapter 2 . 2/9/2009
:O Wow! I'm really curious now, looking forward to more!
PrincessSpaz chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
GAH!

Mystery cliffy very frustrated readers! Please update soon as I would like to know where this is going!