Reviews for Harry Potter and the Speaker of Truth
Soulless Huntress chapter 28 . 7/10
You know, this is a wonderful story. I'm just sorry that you have had the time to work on it. Yuki is a surprise, but I love her character. Too bad she doesn't know more about her Aunt or Harry, esp. if she is to help them. I hope some day you will find a little time to work on this again. But thank you all the same.
GBTtown chapter 27 . 6/16/2014
After starting to read this story, I remembered I had read it previously. I was just as disappointed this time as I was last. Twenty eight chapters into a story called, "Harry Potter and the Speaker of Truth" and they haven't had even a simple conversation!
I can see why you never finished.
rmiser1994 chapter 28 . 3/1/2014
great story so for i hope the hiatus comes off soon .
Difdi chapter 28 . 10/18/2012
It's worth noting, that while the results aren't as dramatic as with potions ingredients, there is a muggle material that has noticeably different properties based on preparation, that most students would be familiar with, whether muggleborn or magical.

Sugar. Sugar crystals taste different depending on their size. Finely powdered confectioner's sugar tastes markedly different from granulated, which is in turn different from large-crystal rock candy. Unlike a potion ingredients, it all metabolizes the same, but the taste IS noticeably different.
deanec64 chapter 28 . 7/28/2012
loving this story and hope for an update at some point :-)
Hoppy159 chapter 28 . 3/9/2012
I really liked this story. Yuki is an interesting OC. So far it is focused mainly on her. Would like to see more of Harry and how she ties into his future. Hope there will be new chapters soon. It's been a while.
alix33 chapter 24 . 3/8/2012
"Went to class this morning and a more useless history class I've never seen. I spoke with another student and found out exactly what I need to study for herbology and I've started studying magical history on my own." - Yay! for the history self-study.

"Once again she chose to go muggle blue jeans, lavender cami, purple and green print henley and a leather jacket, and boots. A fashionable ensemble if I do say so myself she thought" - Very fashionable, yes.

"Yuki noticed several elves looking at them. When her eyes met theirs they immediately dropped their eyes except an elderly female elf who smiled." - I want to know more about the elderly female elf who smiled, please.

"some crackers and either a bit of cheddar cheese or peanut butter." - I am normally quite the turophile (cheese lover) but I have never ever liked cheddar.

"The old female elf from that morning cheerfully gave her a hamper that had both lunch and a tea for later in it. "Apprentice did good thing this morning. Button is getting to be an over proud house elf about time someone took the starch from his tea towel." Yuki snorted at the old elf's words, "You're welcome. Call me Yuki or if you aren't comfortable with that Miss Yuki as Barney does. And you are?" "Florrie, Miss Yuki." "Thanks for the hamper Florrie." - Hey there, Florrie!
alix33 chapter 21 . 3/8/2012
"She called Yvaine and left her quarters. On their way outside Yuki noticed Yvaine eying a student's pet rat. Before she let Yvaine down she cast a charm that would compel Yvaine not to hunt any creature that smelled of people." - The one rat Yvaine should actually chow post-haste and Yuki forbids her to do that, drat!
alix33 chapter 20 . 3/8/2012
"Miss Brown if you paid as much attention to your schoolwork as you do your male class mates you would have no difficulty in getting exceeds expectations for your grade." - Touché, prof. McGonagall, though Lavender is so thick-skinned I doubt you really made any (or much of an) impression.

"Yuki and Neville sat down in the kitchen and the elves served them a high tea, complete with tea sandwiches, scones, tea and dessert." - Yum! What fillings in those sarnies, though?
alix33 chapter 18 . 3/8/2012
"Luna had a bit of empathy and a bit of sight but had no control of either ability which made her into a bit of an oddball." - Whatever it is Luna has, I am beyond cool with it, as she is my favourite Harry Potter character.
alix33 chapter 17 . 3/8/2012
"Yuki looked at quill and parchment he offered and winced. If there was one thing the wizarding world desperately needed it was pens, pencils, and paper." - I LOVE descriptions of either in my fics (as in those I read and review), though.
alix33 chapter 15 . 3/8/2012
"History of Magic, after all those who don''t learn it are doomed to repeat it." - Repeat the most boring rendition of goblin rebellions known to humankind, courtesy of Binns? No, Yuki should try and do an independent study on this too, get a broader curriculum from somewhere, and do it like that, yes.
alix33 chapter 12 . 3/8/2012
"Yuki helped herself to a hearty dinner of roast beef, potatoes, and numerous vegetables then ate an apple and a piece of cheese for dessert." - What kind of cheese, please? Whichever cheese it was, yum! for the dinner Yuki had.

"Finally Hannah Abbot asked "You've got your potions mastery? You're our age, how did you do that?" "My mom started teaching me potions from the time I was big enough to stand on a stool and peek over the edge of a cauldron." " - Yuki's description there made for such a cute mental pic.
alix33 chapter 11 . 3/8/2012
"This afternoon when Yuki was named Apprentice the Hat said that as an Apprentice she is bound to serve the school. It placed her in charge of the first year potions classes." Severus Snape exploded to his feet. "Preposterous! A thirteen year old in charge of half-witted eleven year-olds in a potions classroom. It's a recipe for an enormous disaster. NO I will not allow this! I will bring in the board of governors if I must. This will not happen!" "Severus Snape, you will accept this or you will tender your resignation, Miss Carson is qualified to teach even your NEWT level classes, and not even the board of governors can overrule me about an Apprentice." the Sorting Hat thundered from its shelf." - Way to go, Sorting Hat!

"Great I knew it! A thirteen year-old in charge of potions, an insane idea. Of course she'd be insane." Snape snarled. "She isn't insane." Minerva stated loudly. "Strange perhaps, but not insane." The Sorting Hat once again cut through the chatter echoing in the headmaster's office. "Miss Carson is NOT insane. She learned occlumency to separate herself from others and legilimency to keep from projecting onto others. She is in complete control of being an empath, and is in fact one of the most balanced people any of you will ever meet. As I told the Headmaster and Professor McGonangall earlier she is to teach the first years potions, and to sit classes she chooses with the fourth years. She has the privileges of a prefect everywhere except her potions classroom where she is considered a professor. If, and I do stress if, there are any discipline problems, you will come to me not Professor Dumbledore. Are there anymore questions Professors? No then this meeting is adjourned." - Way to go yet again, Sorting Hat!
alix33 chapter 10 . 3/8/2012
"The next thing she noticed was the furniture. It was an appalling mix of red, green, blue,yellow, silver, bronze, gold, and black. And it was spindly, and there were knick knacks completing the Victorian ambiance. "Who decorated?' "Us elves Miss." "I should have known." Yuki could not help but think anybody that wears a toga should not be put in charge of decorating. Looking into the over large bulging eyes, that were looking at her with such a hopeful expression, she couldn't bring herself to completely crush the hope shining from the eyes of the elf in front of her." - Poor elves. I would not have been able to be nasty to them either.

"Yuki felt bad that she was having the house elf undo the work they had obviously done trying to please her but they should have waited for her input. She decided that it wouldn't hurt to be nice to the house elves after all they were the servants around Hogwarts and if they disliked her, well her life might turn miserable in a hurry."My name isn't Miss, it's Yuki. What's your name?" The little elf stopped in astonishment on its trek to the dojo."Why is Miss wanting to know my name? Miss is important apprentice, and powerful witch, yet you treat house elf like equal. Why?" "Because you're a living being with thoughts and feelings. Because you and your friends tried to do something nice for me decorating my quarters. Because it's rude to say, hey you house elf. Lots of reasons take your pick." Yuki watched in alarm as the huge eyes welled with tears. "Hey I didn't mean to make you cry. If it makes you happy you can call me Miss although could you add Yuki to it so I'll know you're talking to me." The elf sobbed a couple more times but seemed to be making a effort to control itself. "I is Barney Miss Yuki." - I LIKE Yuki's reasoning behind her attitude towards house elves. She and Hermione will get on great, about house elves, at least.

"I have Grandmere's Venetian wardrobe, her Venetian dressing table and a Bombay night table." - All very pretty, if Google Images is anything to go by.