Reviews for Not Quite A Maia
darkfeather22 chapter 33 . 10/19/2010
i was so waiting for you to update, don't worry I won't abandon you as a reader. most of the stories i'm reading now i'm waiting for updates and i do check them everyday, including yours.
Maran Zelde chapter 33 . 10/19/2010
While this isn't your best chapter, it's still enjoyable, as well as necessary. I'm glad Glorfindel and Gandalf are on good terms, and Pippin was very cute and funny. His slip about his sister and cousin were quite shocking. I don't know what I would have said to that if I were Glorfindel.

I hope you get over your writer's block soon. I'm experiencing writer's block myself on one of my fanfics, so I do sympathize.
Violet chapter 33 . 10/19/2010
NO, no! Curses on writers block. Although I do understand. It is hard to write a compelling story that is humorous to, but so far youv'e done such a marvelous job and I have faith that you'll overcome your writers black. Soon please. Looking forward to your next update!
MikeyS chapter 33 . 10/19/2010
Wow I am excited to see your next chapter. This is absolutly splendid I love this Fic more every time I read a new chapter.I can feel Glorfindel's anger before Gandolph explains why he did what he did to Augusta putting her in the in a cell to keep her from Neville. I very much love your story and can't wait for the next installment you are a tresure please keep writing and I will keep reading... Your biggest fan

MikeyS
Pimpernel Princess chapter 33 . 10/19/2010
You put so much work into this-it's a pleasure to read. Thanks for seeing me through a sleepless night.

Wow, I love how you hint at Glorfindel's temper, especially where Gandalf is concerned. I really hope that Floor-Kindle's housekeeper gets back to her exploits in the next chapter. I was expecting a little more from her. Nice painting of Denethor's "optimism." Very snarky and very enjoyable. You do a wonderful job of keeping even the narrations in character.

Pippin was adorable, especially all of the little details about him. I just wanted to pick him up and give him a hug during the whole chapter.

Keep up the good work! :D

PP
Somebody325 chapter 33 . 10/18/2010
YAY! NEW CHAPTER! exciting!

Loved Glorfindel and the leeks and Pippin's rambling. I want Glofindel to meet Molly soon! Sorry to hear about the writers block. Awesome chapter anyway!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 33 . 10/18/2010
Angry Veela! Angry Veela! That's positively hysterical. I love it. And how very true... : )

I loved Pippin in this chapter: all the comments about tea and pudding and Molly and /everything/...especially that comment about "at least she's only imprisoned and not, you know, /dead./" I got the greatest kick out of that. *rolls eyes* Ah, poor, innocent Pippin.

And then there was the bit with the "elegant mess." One of the most bizarre conversations I have ever had the pleasure of, well...reading. And, oh, get this: not only bizarre out of context, but also bizarre IN context! And then there was the half-masticated pork roll (good description)...but a funnier still Pippin-moment was the hypothetical debate over milk versus lemon in their tea. If only that was all Denethor had to worry about when he frowned at the dinner table...that used to be a lot funnier. Ah, well. ; )

But the ramble about cats takes the cake! I laughed so hard at that I nearly fell out of my chair. Granted, it's old and creaky, but still. And the bit about Gandalf shifting in his seat at the mention of a tail...highly suspicious. I think those last words of Pippin's hit perhaps a little too close to home (as it were)! ; )

And now on to Glorfindel. (And you thought I was done!) He was certainly quite irate for a good part of this chapter, and not without reason, I must say. I loved the old man on the rocking chair, with his little yapping rat, and Glorfindel's clear control of the situation. I feel sorry for the men who had to carry the old geezer off, though. ; )

I liked this: "I do not doubt it. Sparring with Morgoth's serpents does tend to overtax one." Well, if anyone would know, it would be Glorfindel. Although he might be understating just a.../wee/ bit. ; )

But wait! I found a typo: "Glorfindel had been left completely in awe of the man's rampant optimism." I think you meant pessimism.

...No, I know you meant to be sarcastic. (April Fools'!) ...I'd like to think I'm not that dense. Of course, the very fact that I'm thinking that usually means...! ; )

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, sticky area or not, whether it's to do with this council of Glorfindel's or whatever's on with Augusta, or perhaps back to Neville and Molly? (It would be just like you to leave us hanging in Gondor while we carom our merry, involuntary way back to half-past Helm's Deep!) Whatever. Point is, I'll read it, review it, and probably love it. Good luck on your writer's block, and may your next chapters look equally as fine to you as they do to me!

Sorry for the dreadfully long review...see you next time!
CynthiaW chapter 33 . 10/18/2010
Poor Glorfindel! He's mad enough to spit nails, here! And all because Gandalf allowed Augusta to be locked away in the dungeons. The idea that her presence would be a danger to the Free Peoples of Middle-earth is incomprehensible to the great Elf Lord.

I've loved the reminders of the adventures so far. I'd forgotten Molly did those things to Saruman. The Burning Serpent was hilarious! As was the reminder of the ruse that Augusta perpetrated to distract Denethor from Aragorn's imminent arrival. 'Aragog son of Halbarad'! I loved it!

I completely understand writer's block. I've got it bad right now. I need to write Chapter 8 of my Danny Pahntom/NCIS fic and the details are eluding me. Good luck on your next chapter. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cynthia
Throckmorton chapter 33 . 10/18/2010
Great chapter! It was good to see Gandalf and Glorfindel come to an agreement. I heavily anticipate Augusta's reactions.

'Til next time
Larner chapter 32 . 10/11/2010
Ah-for some reason the last revisions here have stopped me receiving any author alerts or reviews or anything of the kind. I just happened to check to see if there were another chapter, and there it was!

I loved this chapter of Augusta's captivity. And she is beginning to realize that even Muggles here can have powers she does not appreciate, which is good. The idea of one known for his powers of discernment she would see as a legilimens is somehow satisfying. And I certainly hope that she begins to appreciate the true age of her "youthful" former hosts and her Floor-kindle soon! Gads, in some ways she is SO dense!

As for the flamer-they hit everybody, and as you noted, usually they appear to be mostly envious that they can't command the appreciation those who can write receive. Or they somehow believe that just because THEY wouldn't have written something in a particular way, no one else should, either. Ah, well, we can't please everybody!
Kingdark chapter 4 . 10/8/2010
Neville and Molly? What the H**** man? The woman is old enough to be his mother and the way this is going... Ew. Just Ew.

Not only that but why those two characters? I admit that they aren't used that much, especially Molly but an adult woman that is way too overbearing along with neville?

Weird.
MikeyS chapter 32 . 10/8/2010
I do so love your story and I hope you will be posting chapter 33 soon I can't wait to read it. I am sure I will read it a few times just like i did with the other chapters... You are fantastic I love you style please post soon...
KensingtonGold chapter 32 . 9/18/2010
Quite possibly one of the most enchanting and hilarious cross over fics I have ever read! I find myself completely enamoured with your characterisation of Augusta Longbottom and all the havoc she creates in a usually serious fandom. Thank you for all your hard work on this fic and for sharing it!
Rhyselle chapter 32 . 9/15/2010
Loved this chapter! And the sneaky part of me can't help but wonder just what might be hidden in those books...

I'd love to warble on and on about how nice it was to see Faramir here, but I have to go to work. I have every confidence that the next part will be just as excellent as all that has gone before in this fun story.

I'm sorry that you got hit by the flame troll. Too many people are giving up their writing because of these people, and I'm so very glad you are standing up to them. I guess that they believe in that old adage "those who can't, teach." (And teach VERY poorly by my experience!)

Take care, trust in your vision, and know that there are many, many more folk out here who love your stories than there are idiots who like that one.

This was another wonderful installment that makes me like Augusta even more. Well done!
Throckmorton chapter 32 . 9/13/2010
Ho ho! I can't wait to see what Augusta thinks of the 'childcare' manual. As for flames, well, just thumb your nose in their direction and exclaim, "Piffle!" and think no more on them! Your story is excellent, well written, and with just the right touch of humor, in my opinion. I really do perk up every time I see that you have updated, and it was upsetting that real life took over so that I could not read this newest post when it first came out. That being said, it was well worth the wait. And so, I encourage you to write the rest with the same sort of excitement as the first of the story.

'Til next time!