Reviews for The Requiem: The World in A Downward Tilt
Guest chapter 26 . 8/14/2013
Wow you even used the name menary. Why steal from miss stevermers?
Miakis chapter 26 . 10/23/2012
Update ever coming? things are really getting good...
Aurora Nova chapter 26 . 3/28/2012
"That would have made two of us. I've contemplated chucking myself overboard several times."

This line almost made me spit-take my coffee! Bravo! This is the soul of Eddings' humor.

One little quibble (sorry, I have to): if they're at the wharf at Riva, there is no way Geran would have stayed to have lunch on board ship. With Ce'Nedra as ill as she's supposed to be, and Geran as worried as any son would be, he'd be practically flying back to the Citadel to see his mother. Danor might even have trouble keeping up. Geran would make his apologies to Alvor later, who would completely understand being left behind in his condition. This is the boy's mother, after all.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Please keep up the great work!
Aurora Nova chapter 25 . 3/28/2012
You're moving the story along nicely. The characters are still consistent with the personalities you've given them. The only minor quibble I have is the discussion in the throne room. When I think of a throne room, I think of a large hall with many courtiers present. Even if Zakath had dismissed them, there would be spies. Keep in mind that was a core theme in Eddings' writings. Much of the information the characters gained was through the use of spies. It was the national obligation of every Drasnian, after all.

Being part Drasnian himself should have made Urgar, and most certainly his father Urgit, a bit nervous or concerned about holding such a delicate conversation in a room with so many hiding places for unwanted eyes and ears. They wouldn't want word of their discoveries to reach the wrong people. A suggestion to move to another, more private room, would be all that is needed here.

As I said, it's minor, but it bothered me enough to mention it. I'll be moving on to the next chapter now. Good work!
Amber chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
This story is almost 100% stolen (the first chapter at least I couldn't read further when I realized it was plagerized)from A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer. It can be found here

College-Magics-Caroline-Stevermer/dp/0765342456

Stealing other people's work almost word for word isn't cool.
wendums chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
This is probably going to be the first, about to be completed, DE fic I have read. Previous one not been updated for 3 years. I am enjoying this first chapter and will probably review again in a few more chapters. Thanks
Guest chapter 26 . 2/19/2012
What ... no credit to Caroline Stevermer?
danae-rawr chapter 25 . 2/5/2012
I NEVER KNOW WHAT TO SAY IN REVIEWS. But this is really good, I really like it. So yeah, congrats on your awesomeness and that.
Bazuka chapter 25 . 1/3/2012
Bazuka chapter 24 . 12/15/2011
I really wish you would read this and go back and finnish your story. You see...we don't know what will happen. And never will if you don't come back. So please...
Aurora Nova chapter 21 . 11/11/2011
I've been following your story as it has unfolded, and it is very characters are well thought-out, and the way you've woven the different story lines together is excellent. I have one little quibble with this chapter: the conversation with the maid. In the first place, it struck me as wrong that a servant would presumptuously offer tea to the guests. That would be a prerogative of the master or mistress only. It seemed awkward, after Lady Varidara left them, for them to stand around and wait for tea in a place where they were quite obviously not welcome. I know I wouldn't hang around!

Secondly, if an employee of mine (the maid) began to gossip and reveal secrets to people I didn't even know, she would be summarily dismissed. Granted, Menary's mother didn't know about this indiscretion, but I would have thought that the mind-set of any servant would be loyalty to whoever is paying them. I realize you needed to do it this way to give the main characters information they didn't have before, but perhaps having the maid run after them, catching up to them at the gate or something, might have seem more natural. This scene just jarred me.

Do please keep going with this story. Except for that awkward scene, this has been highly entertaining and involving.
Aurora Nova chapter 20 . 8/20/2011
This has been a fascinating read so far, and I do hope you'll continue the story soon. I can find very little fault with your characterizations, your settings, your knowledge of the Eddings world and it's history. You've also got a very good grasp on the next generation and each of their personalities.

The only nit-picking I would have would be regarding some of the more technical aspects of your writing, with respect to spelling, grammar and syntax. Very often, as I was reading, I would find a misspelled word, or a word would be missing, or you used a homonym instead of the proper word. Some sentences seemed a bit disjointed, and didn't flow smoothly. But these are minor issues that can easily be fixed when you go over it with a fine-toothed comb, or a good red pen. **wink**

All-in-all, I am enjoying this story immensely, and am looking forward to the next part with anticipation. Please keep up the good work!
VILYA74 chapter 24 . 10/9/2010
glad you updated. do so again soon, I can't wait for the next chapter
Aspiring Mythmaker chapter 23 . 9/18/2010
Reading through this story, I found myself reminded of the writing style of Eddings. I've always been quite fond of some of his books, and this one captures their spirit to a T. Punchy writing, well-integrated use of Magic, and soem rather clever throwbacks to the book series.

Characters are well-written and likeable, and of a quality I haven't seen in many stories of late. Dialogue is lively and intelligent, and very fun to read. The plot was pleasantly refreshing, wrapping in elements of the Series with believable original ones to form a pleasant whole.

A few ill-formed sentences caused me to stumble, especially those that start the last two chapters, but they were quickly forgotten once I started reading again. Some dialogue is also incorrectly punctuated, but not to an extent that it degrades the quality of the work.

Overall, this was one of the best stories I've read all year, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Baggie Bird chapter 22 . 7/17/2010
This is really good. Completely gripping - couldn't stop reading once I started!

I love the Tonedran bits and I'm worried about Ce Nedra!

The Mallorean parts are new yet very much in the Eddings style.

Really enjoying it and looking forward to reading the rest.