Reviews for What I Did For Love
Pyewacket75 chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
That was some good smut right there. I need a smoke..oh wait..I don't smoke. Oh well ;)
Pyewacket75 chapter 3 . 4/7/2010
Charm or no charm, bottom line is House is HOT. I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers!
Pyewacket75 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Just started reading this story and I love this first chapter! Only 43 more to go! Muahaha. I need more coffee!
Missing Snowman chapter 44 . 9/6/2009
This was a really nice story :)
souleswanderer chapter 44 . 8/17/2009
Drat you woman! You should have warned me I was going to need the kleenex.

Beautifully done, and I hope you have a lot more filler ideas for this little family. You realize you can go back and forth in their lives now and give us snippets. Thanks for sharing Kmart's world with us...

/sniffle
Gertrude2034 chapter 44 . 8/16/2009
Just lovely. Sweet and sad and happy all at the same time. I'd so like to believe our grumpy doctor has a 'happily ever after' in his future like this one...
DD2 chapter 44 . 8/16/2009
Thank you for writing and finishing this great fanfiction! Congratulations!
TetraFish06 chapter 43 . 7/7/2009
Very well written! I really like the interactions between House and Wilson - you really had me laughing about the bridal catalogues.

I think you also painted a very real and believable, yet still unique, portrayal of Casey. This is a very well-crafted story with a great "message."

I had lots of fun reading it - thanks for sharing!

;) K
DD2 chapter 43 . 7/6/2009
Wonderful Wonderful Fanfiction! I really enjoyed every chapter of this amazing fic! I suppose all good things come to an end though. Great job!
DD2 chapter 42 . 7/1/2009
This was an excellent fanfiction! I am really sad to see it end! I have fallen for your portrayal of House, and your characters of Tiffany and Casey! Wonderful job!
momsboys chapter 42 . 6/30/2009
This story was so good I hated to see it end. Please consider a sequel. This is to good to end here.
dramagoddess202 chapter 42 . 6/30/2009
It's over?

I want to cry.
gorblimey2 chapter 32 . 6/30/2009
"It something that definitely offends a feminist mind, but the simple fact of the matter is that you can't have both, either a successful career or a successful family, only one. The decision ultimately lies with the woman." As a lawyer I approve your right to say that even if it is blarney.

The truth is that the feminist movement wasn't for pushing women out of the house, it was a movement to give women options that they never had before...like being engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. I know, I was one of those women that was the minority in several professions in the seventies and eighties...i.e. science then law. I was the first woman to graduate top of my class and be awarded several awards that had never been given to a woman (urked the men so much that they actually made me share the award with a guy who had a GPA quite a bit less than me.) In the seventies I worked in industries where older men literally quit because they decided they couldn't work for a woman (even though they told me I was a good boss!)

Contrary to your myopic opinion, the truth is that we can have a family and a career and these days we frequently do. It's not easy, I've even gone through the phase of taking care of my family, taking care of my dying parents and taking care of my career (difficult but done successfully.) As a lawyer, I've had a very demanding career. My son is 22 years old and just graduated from the police academy. He's never tried drugs, been arrested, or even received a speeding ticket. I have numerous female friends who have careers, including Laniki, who can say the same about their children. Why do we never question whether men can have a career and a family? Or can men only do it if a woman stays home to take care of their children? Amazing that women never tell the man that they can't have it all. Women just go out and do it. they manage as single and married mothers to work and take care of their children all over the world.

The feminist movement was about opportunity and equality. We never said that every woman had to have a career. We just wanted her to have the option and then receive equal pay and benefits and opportunities if she chose to have a career.

Not everyone is equipped to handle the stress of career and taking care of children and a home, but the feminist movement gave women that option.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 32 . 6/30/2009
Stacy jumped up. “Your honor, I hope that Mr. Hess is not saying that a woman is not able to have a career and a family?”

Judge Franklin looked at Hess pointedly and said, “I’m sure Mr. Hess wouldn’t think of saying that, correct Mr. Hess?”

* * * Well, actually, there are many experts, mamy FEMALE experts are starting to rethink the "first a power-career only then kids" thinking:

w. msnbc. msn id/17937795/ns/health-pregnancy/

Mostly because of one simple reason: there's not enough time in the day for both. You can't have a flourishing career, one that forces you invest every daylight hour from early morning to late evening, and also have a successful strong family and be a model parent, completely involved with your child. How can one do both when you get up before the child awakes and come home when your child already sleeps, and thus interact with your child only on the weekends and more steadily only when it's grown up enough to stay awake for longer?

One such example was stated with a woman who kept up her old work hours and hounded after her career... and the result was that her child developed an imaginary mother! Why? Because her real mother was always working on her power career.

Another example I read on a blog somewhere (I'd love to provide a link but I deleted it by mistake, something I beat myself over because the blog was excellent ) was when the daughter woke up at 5 and saw her mother leave for work (she never saw her come home because she - the kid - was already asleep by then) she called after her that she hopes that MOTHER VISITS THEM AGAIN SOON... And when the father drove his two daughter to school they were sitting in the back seat trying to guess into which of the houses that passed by the car their mother had moved into... I'm not making this up, it's a real-life account.

Heather Duvall, 37, of Burnsville, Minn.; said: "I think my generation has been sold a bill of goods. We've been told that we can have a career and children and we can take our time doing it. !Everyone who lives on my street, in a metropolitan suburb, has used some type of fertility assistance.!”

MidwestMomOf4 said on 06/06/2009 at 4:39 PM on:

boards. msn. ?boardid759&ThreadID307454

"It is a terrible idea. We have been sold an empty bag of goods by the feminists. We need a good husband and kids much more than a career for a happy life. It's what we are biologically designed to do."

Gertrude2034 chapter 41 . 6/28/2009
The babies are coming! The babies are coming! Very exciting chapter. I love Tiffany and House's interactions, he's so good with her.
121 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »