Reviews for The Family in The Tree
Tegypte chapter 14 . 10/4/2009
Dude, this is an awesome fic! I'm not even clse to finishing, but I gotta say, this is a true piece of art. Something that really freaked me out though, was the nurses name, Teri. Thats MY name!...spelled exactly like that! xD
astig01 chapter 35 . 9/27/2009
hey I have really enjoyed this story! I looked forward to getting it everytime... just wondering are you looking for an idea for another Bones story?
DOC3 chapter 35 . 9/26/2009
Just wanted to give you a hearty round of applause for a job well done. You touched on a lot of important subjects with the right words and the right emotion. You also did an excellent job with "our" characters and brought a lot of exciting new ones in of your very own. Thanks for sharing all your hard work :)
goatgod chapter 35 . 9/26/2009
Omg, that was quite possibly the most awesome story i've ever read! ever! not just in the bones category, like, better than EVERYTHING in any catergory! i love it so! temp's family is so much like mine it's not even funny! i got my whole family to read and love this story! and each person in the story is like someone in my family. i look forward to your next story.
karaokejunkie chapter 34 . 9/21/2009
This was absolutely wonderful! I've been away for a few weeks and I come back and it's finished, and it was beautiful! Thank you for writing and coming up with an amazing story line! Who knows perhaps you'll come up with a sequel of sorts where someone from Florida comes up to DC to meet the squints, maybe Sarah Leigh and Ellenor? Well we'll see I suppose, but rest assured I'll keep an eye on my author alerts to hopefully read more from you!

EternalConfusion chapter 35 . 9/19/2009
Wow that was kinda deep - really made me think. It's always good when fanfics are more than just, I guess mindless fictions? Seriously though, great work this fic - definitely complex and it did make me think and stuff (without realising I guess). But yeah, I enjoyed reading it :)
EternalConfusion chapter 34 . 9/19/2009
:O That was ! That last section made me all smiley and tingly! This has been an awesome fic - it's great. Just gotta read that epilogue now! :D chapter 35 . 9/16/2009
Good story and well written.

I used to live in central Florida. I lived about 10 miles from I-4 down 46 going towards Eustis. I lived there for 29 years. It was nice to see a story that dealt with this location, I presume you live there now or did at one time because you describe the conditions there so well.

Right now I am renting a home in Georgia. The home has a small muddy creek that runs in the back. Every day I take them to the back so they can play, chase a ball etc. I used to let them drink from the creek. After reading your story though I stopped doing that and provide them with water.

I don't want any of my fingers getting infected from an accidental scratch when I'm playing with my dogs. Thanks.
nagareboshi1 chapter 6 . 9/16/2009
I love the way this story is developing! It is very realistic! I love the way Bones was adamant that the relationship between her and was only partners and then Booth had difficulty backing that Great story can't wait to find out what happens!
Perfect Pirate Captain chapter 34 . 9/16/2009
Excellent final chapter, I love how perfectly you capture Florida in all of your chapters. The way you describe the heat, the swamp, the buildings, the people, everything it just makes me go "wow, that's so true"
bonesparticulat chapter 35 . 9/16/2009
You anthropologist, you! LOL Actually, I like it that you zoom in on those kind of issues. All good stories have ethical/moral dilemmas at their core, beginning with the oldest story known, the Epic of Gilgamesh. You write well, you do. I think I'll be reading your previous stories too! By the way, too bad archaeology seems so dry to you... it can be very engrossing though admittedly it is often taught in an encyclopedic, facts-facts-facts-facts kind of way. Again, thank you and good luck with your studies.
unequivocal chapter 35 . 9/15/2009
Wow, what an adventure! You created quite a world in this story. I love all of Brennan's extended family; they are well-characterized and have strong personalities.

Your remarks about moral relativism really struck a chord with me. I often find the idea of absolute morality disturbing - which is why I'm usually strongly opposed to moral-based legislation. As your story demonstrates, few things are cut-and-dry, wrong or right: it all depends on circumstance.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful writing, and I look forward to reading more of your work!
the one called Honey chapter 35 . 9/14/2009
Wow. . . that was really really good. I didn't do my hoomework last night because I stayed up reading this instead. really good!
CharlyB chapter 25 . 9/14/2009
Brilliantly done; most intesting discussion on the co-existance of religion and science I've yet to see. Good job.
lizook chapter 34 . 9/14/2009
Omg, you were right, I *did* love it!

I adore that Booth called Sweets for his expertise and then, keeping with character, just cut him off before he could ask too much!

Loved this exchange: "“Don’t say that,” he hissed.

“What?” she asked quietly, their voices easily overtaken by the rowdiness of the children and slightly liquored adults surrounding them. “Necrotizing fasciitis?”

“Yes,” he said. “It gives me the willies.” She laughed, the sound welling up from deep in her throat like a spring, and he couldn’t help but smile despite the creepy-crawly sensation traveling across his skin."

So completely B&B, the teasing banter, the joy he gets just from seeing her let loose now and then.

That end line *sniffs* Perfect, beautiful, leaves you with a gorgeous mental image.

Fantastic job. I, too, am sad to see this end.
667 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »