Reviews for The Dance
Life's a dream chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
That was so sooo sweet... and so beautiful... Absolutely gorgeous.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I love it. Bittersweet, but meaningful. I always have loved the stories of father-daughter dances.
5SecsOfLARRYcat chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Loved It! :D
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
This is a really good story! I love the imagery you use.
the shadow proves the sunshine chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Ooh, I don't know how this manage to miss my eyes before, but it's so bittersweet. I've never really seen Mr. Pevensie explored too much in fanfiction, but he's an interesting character simply because he has battle scars that his children can actually sadly understand. And Lucy, with her lightness is able to penetrate the horror of war. Beautiful story.

the shadow proves the sunshine
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
AH! That is sweet! I love it! :)
Whatever95 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Wow, this is a beautiful oneshot. Very nice job.
Deandra chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Sorry I'm late! I read this a few days ago but didn't review at the time.

Interesting piece this, and how Lucy understands more than her father realizes. And sometimes it IS simple normalcy that heals wounds and brings people back to life.

Well done! I'm looking forward to the other Narnia tales you promised. You write Narnia very well.

- Deandra
Rowena Stark chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
That was soo cute! I'm going to cyr. You did a very good job. )
Dearheart chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Wow...this is just stunning. It has such an elegant, simple beauty to it. It brought mist to my eyes.

This is one of those rare, wonderful stories about the children's parents that doesn't involve them getting all angsty about "what happened to my children" or refusing to believe when they spill the beans about Narnia. I love that. No tired, overused plot devices, no big cliches...just a girl who grows up and teaches her broken father the joy of dancing again. The bittersweetness, beauty, depth and simplicity of this story really make it shine.

I guess this story also touched me because my daddy's gone to war, too. He left for Iraq as a military chaplain about a month ago. We all miss him a lot, but at least we get to hear from him every day. Poor Lucy didn't have that luxury. :-(

Ah well, enough of that. Bravo and encore! I loved this story and I hope you'll write more Narnia stuff! The archive needs more stories like this! :-) Keep up the beautiful work.