Reviews for What a Man Wants
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I like that this story deals with the dream wife. The story was good and shows that he may still have feelings for Lana. The friendship shown in this story is also sweet.
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Nice friendship fic. I'm glad I found it. Here's to them both always being there to prop the other up.
DYlogger chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I don't think we've actually seen Lana in the cartoon. And Loanna pretty much looks like a red haired Lois.

I think they should have put in some of Clark's other flings in there.
Miles333 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
This was a great story. Write more soon, 'kay?
KCS chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
A wonderful fanfic for one of my favorite JL episodes! Personally I'll always be a Lois/CLark shipper, but I do understand the point of that dream, and you've addressed the issue very well here and I think it's logical that his 'dream girl' would be a combination of both.

I have to say, though, my favorite thing about this being able to read a non-slash Bruce-Clark story - thank you a hundred times over. This was wonderful.
trecebo chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Love the interplay between Clark and Bruce. You seem to get it right between them as men.

As to Lana, I've been burned-nay, scared-by Smallville and all that that entails, so my Lana cheering section is shall we say? Cynical? BUT! For your excellent writing, AND my love of the the animated Superman and THAT Lana (whom I presume is the one you are using and not the *ahem* other one), I'm going with this. Cuz Clark deserves a break. Really, he does.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
That's an interesting turn of events. Lana in "Superman The Animated" is very understanding and supportive (unlike Lana from "Smallville" - I hate her!). She made it clear that she still had feeling for Clark, but she stays Clark's friend, hoping that one day he changes his mind. And, by the way, she figured out that Clark is Superman (unlike Lois The Investigative Reporter).

And I like Bruce trying to ensure Clark's future. That's what a real friend does!
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
The main point of the story may have been Clark's feelings for different women, but I have to say what caught my interest was the way Clark and Bruce acted like brothers. Makes me wonder what it would have been like if the Kents and the Waynes had been friends and Bruce was raised with Clark.
Dunyazade chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
"there were no sunsets in the batcave"

SQUEE! *runs in circles* this was so adorable! *kicks fangirl feet of joy!* EVEN THOUGH I do not approve of Bruce encouraging Clark to take a break from his romance with Lois, because it's Lois and Clark Forever, I suppose I can accept the idea of Clark still having some feelings for Lana. I thought his dream wife (Loana?) had more of Lois's personality, but I guess some of Lana's was in there too. And, to be fair to Lana, who, sadly, will probably never get over Clark, she WAS Lois's rival for Superman's love for, what, a couple decades of the comics at least? From month to month in the silver age it went back and forth: this month he's marrying Lana, next month, he's marrying Lois. lol.

Still, all that aside, what I loved, loved, loved SO MUCH was just the Clark and Bruce friendship fluff. Sitting on the porch with root beer floats? AW! Bruce (of course!) not admitting how much he appreciates Clark dragging him outside once in a while? AWW! the two of them just enjoying the breeze and watching the clouds *ZOMG SQUEE passes out!*

And then here, best of all- this brought tears to my eyes- "His own future might be in question, but Bruce would do all that he could to ensure Clark’s. As a friend, and sometimes brother, he owed Kent that. If anyone deserved a happy ending, it was him. Clark had the biggest heart of anyone that Bruce had ever met." *sniffle!* That's so true! that's... that's IT! Exactly! Thank you a million times for tapping into this rarely expressed but yet SO CRUCIAL cornerstone of the Clark/Bruce relationship! The two of them just sitting side-by-side in the sun- waah! There is NOT ENOUGH of that wonderfulness in fanfiction, not by far! I could write a hundred pages of that and still not get enough of it! ! ! ...or, I could just reread this beautiful little story. *snif!*

yup, that's what I'll do!

Thanks again for writing it!
kobez2.0 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
"Your impossible."

"I'm Batman."

Best line in the story (all the others are a close second) It reminds me of the Marvel/DC videos on youtube... Good story, I hope it doesn't end here though...

Jovianokami chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
So who dose Clark want? Lana or Lois? Well...Well even the great superman has some doubts about his relatonship now? Hehehe...I wounder who he going to choose.
DaisyJane chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
His wife under the Black Mercy was a combination of Lois and Lana. She had Lana's red hair but Lois's voice and expressions. And her name was Loana. So Clark's heart's desire is a combination of both women. And Bruce and Lois were never engaged, he just asked her to move to Gotham so that could continue their relationship. When she said, "When were you planning on telling me, after the wedding." she was being sarcastic, not implying an engagement.
icebreaker316 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Dana Delany, who does the voice for Lois Lane, did the voice for Loana El (which is the name of his wife in the dream) And if you combine Lois with get Loana. Just some tidbits of info for ya. Great fic by the way. I always love the casual interactions between Clark and Bruce when they aren't Superman or Batman. :)
Fullmetal5000 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
I think shes supposed to be a combination of both Lois and Lana (at least thats what the article on wikipedia said).