Reviews for I Shall Not Want
Jukebox chapter 12 . 6/19/2013
This is an amazing sequel to What He Wants. I know it has been awhile since you updated, and I'm not sure if you still write in the fandom, but I hope you will eventually continue this one. The story leaves at a cliff hanger and it would be wonderful to see what happens next and how the story plays out. Thank you for sharing!
morbiDreamscape chapter 12 . 5/19/2013
Oh man, worst cliffhanger ever! (Well, not really, but close!)

Thanks for writing, and I hope to get a chance to read more in the future!
Raeshi chapter 12 . 12/23/2012
Wow, great story. I couldn't stop reading it. I hope you finish it one day.
shvfujc chapter 12 . 10/31/2012
Oh, the suspense! This story is so well written. Gosh, you have one of the best writing styles ever. Sorry for gushing but seriously, you are a fantastic writer :) And I love how you are able to put so much emotions into it without it seeming cliche or overly dramatic like most fanfictions ive read. And I appreciate the pace of the story. It may be slow but its not boringly slow, you know? It's like a steady build up of something way bigger and exciting. I can't wait for the next chapter :D
Winterstill chapter 12 . 7/22/2011
This is amazing. Even though so much time has passed, I still have hope that you'll finish this and survive the 'trial by fire.' I know you can do it! I'm reading this and it's like a labour of love; it's so wonderful. I do hope you can rally your forces to the finish line. Good luck!
Viviane Renard chapter 12 . 5/8/2011
Your writing is superb. You've given the characters true life, and I absolutely worship your plot! It's a fantastic mix of espionage, political intrigue, romance, and psychological drama. I might sound crazy to say this, but I also really enjoy all the different personae our characters have to adopt. I think you've done a great job juggling all the names, and they really help me as the reader understand what mindset Iruka and co. are in at any given time.

I can't believe you've left this story end on such a cliffhanger! Iruka's increasingly shady interaction with Phillip, which then culminates with him getting knocked out by a dart from a mysterious expert stalker...what does fate have in store for our lovable former sensei? I know it's been almost two years since you've updated way back in 2009, but this story is so fantastic that I'll keep an eye open for an update in the future. I truly hope you do find inspiration to continue to add to this gem of a story.
rnc4 chapter 12 . 3/31/2011
Wow...this story is highly engrossing! I enjoyed the first story (which I read through yesterday) so much I almost didn't read this one-I liked them at the happy point. :) I'm very glad I did go into this story, though-I like the work you've done fleshing out the characters. It is, however, just evil to leave the story at this point! Have you been updating somewhere else, or just gone through a dry spell with your muse? Either way, I hope we'll see more of your work in the future, and I thank you for sharing this story!
illereyn chapter 12 . 10/29/2010
duh. dun! I bet 'Philip' is the Glass Man. Iruka did talk a bit too much during their first meeting. I wonder what would happen next? I wonder what Kakashi would think when he hears of Iruka's kidnapping - would he react as Kakashi or as Jackal?
SorryImLate chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
All I can say is, wow! I was not expecting the ANBU twist at all. The way you worded the entire scene made my gut twist along with Kakashi's, it was horrible. The thought of Iruka returning to his last day of the Academy broke my heart too. I hope, if they do go on a mission together that somehow this bond they share may give Kakashi some form of comfort that Iruka is safe when out of his sight, but I guess I won't know unless I read on, so, onto the next chapter !
Tellytubby101 chapter 12 . 4/27/2010
And yet another brilliant delivery of an entirely amazing story with such an intricate plotline. So well-written, so descriptive and emotional, I sometimes feel the lumps form in my chest as I empathize with Iruka. Chapter 10? The scene with the riots and the children? Killed me. Oh God, that was fantasticly horrific, and in a sort-of good way.

It's very raw in emotions, and that's really a main reason why I'm loving this story. The gritty facts are presented bare to the world, not caring of glossing things over with lovehearts and sparkles. Another exceptional writing quality you possess is the satisfying length of every installment. I, like every good reader, enjoy hefty chunks of heart-pounding literature.

Unique plot diversions and details make this story a near tangible universe. I've never read a story where Iruka likes spelunking or is sexually attracted to Gaara. That scene in the bath was nicely awkward. I do wonder-would you ever write a oneshot about Naruto and Gaara's time in Suna while everyone else is off undercover? That'd be something I'd love to read.

ANBU!Iruka was not expected when I came from your other story, but you've pulled off this usually particularly difficult characterization with apparent ease. It's not every writer that can force such a gentle creature into ANBU and keep him IC.

The backstory you've woven for Sasuke is admirable, redeeming him without letting him entirely off the hook for his deeds. I particularly enjoy the characterizations of Sai in this piece, as he comes off somewhat more human. His relationship with Naruto, Kakashi and Iruka seems natural, pulling off a very nice feeling of familiarity in the group.

The main story is very interesting in itself. I'm very eager to hear more about the mastermind, though I truly don't want that nice man to be the bad guy. His philosophical and eccentric mannerisms are very intriguing and refreshing.

Your slight references to things in our world - Alice in Wonderland, being one - whilst at the same time saying that they're obscure... I dunno how to say this, but it brings up issues I've had with the fandom. They brings things up like Christmas and Easter and Valentine's Day, but in reality, none of these things exist, because Christianity and other historical factors probably didn't exist back then in the Hidden Leaf Village. It's nice for someone to use it "another country's culture" as way of explanation. The German and Indian cultural and language inserts are a nice balancer, too.

The numerous names-real, ANBU, covers-are a tad confusing, but I'm getting there. The small snippets of the OCs are quite interesting, even though I've never seen/read the anime/manga they come from. The one with the telepathic link; I like his sense of somewhat dry, teasing humor. I hope to hear more about them soon.

Ahh, I'm rambling now, so I'll sum it up.

You are truly wonderful as a writer, and I dearly hope I get to read more of this story soon-you've left us on quite a cliffhanger! I still think you deserve more acclaim than you manage; you deserve an award for sure!

From Tubby. :-)
Abryl chapter 8 . 1/1/2010
Hey there!

I really love this continuation, it's awesome...

I have a little suggestion for you.

Schuldig is German, and so am I.

Your translation of that song is almost right.

There are only a couple mistakes.

The right translation for chapter 8 the 'Sunshine' song

would be:

"Du bist mein Sonnenschein, mein einziger Sonnenschein, du machst mich glücklich, wenn der himmel grau ist"

I really enjoy reading your story, the plot is very interesting and I LOVED the scene between Gaara and Iruka in the bath! :3

Take care,

Abryl
Semmett chapter 12 . 10/22/2009
This is a really good story. I've been following it on the Kakairu lj site but I thought I'd just leave you a review on here telling you that this is a REALLY good story and i Hope you update soon.

THanks
LeftMeSpeechless chapter 12 . 10/16/2009
o.O

What a cliffhanger o.O

I love it. Hope for more soon.
LeftMeSpeechless chapter 8 . 10/16/2009
“Sie sind mein Sonnenschein, mein nur Sonnenschein,” he sings, his nasally voice remarkably off-key and screechy. “Sie bilden mich glücklich, wenn Himmel grau sind...”

*chuckles*

I love this story so far, but I really want to make this short note first.

You refer to this "You are my sunshine" song-thing? I had some fun to guess .

A better translation would be

"Du bist mein Sonnenschein, mein einziger Sonnenschein, Du machst mich glücklich, wenn der Himmel grau ist..."
maria chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
intense and a bit heart breaking. great job.