Reviews for Chuck Versus a Normal Life
Barbadiangirl chapter 7 . 8/12/2018
This was a really good story!
Thanks for sharing :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 7 . 4/4/2017
Every time you had the characters talking tech stuff, you got the details and the humor just right. I really enjoyed Chuck's half of the tech support calls, and those scenes where he assigned the Nerd Herd their daily jobs.

Great job contrasting Chuck in his normal-life dreamworld with what was happening in the real world. Great character moments for everyone. Nice use of Sarah's father and Bryce. Nice reuse of canon dialogue. Excellent scene with Sarah in the chapel. And that final chapter when everyone seemed to know they were living in Chuck's dreamworld, and he got to say a proper goodbye to them—especially when he got to tell Ellie the truth—was really powerful. I liked how he chose to go back to the harder life, even if it meant that he and Sarah couldn't be together. Well done!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 6 . 4/4/2017
Wow, that scene in the chapel was fantastic. Beautifully done!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 2 . 4/2/2017
Fun in the AU, powerful in the real world. You've done a great job capturing Casey's voice.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 4/2/2017
A great beginning, and a great concept! There are stakes in both Chuck's AU world and in the one we're all familiar with. Well done!
Charles chapter 7 . 11/29/2015
I absolutely love it. I wish there was a little more to chuck and Sarah in the last chapter. but you don't always get everything you want. But to any others readers I suggest you drop everything else and read this NOW!
grevson chapter 5 . 8/30/2015
"Don't give up, Chuck," Jeff said in a clear voice. "I don't have that many friends."
Oh, it's okay. I didn't need my feels. Oh- are you going to take my heart too- okay. You just take that. That's fine. You darn good writer, you.
Molotov chapter 7 . 9/22/2014
Goddamn. Short, sweet, and everything I love in a Chuck story. A little melodramatic at times, but hell, it's a melodramatic story.

I dig the subtleties, the way the hospital bled into the coma dream, and how Chuck's mind constructed his fantasy world to cope.

I'm so excited that there is/might be a sequel.
Molotov chapter 6 . 9/22/2014
God-DAMN, did the end of this chapter tear me up something fierce.
Whiskeyflips chapter 4 . 3/3/2014
Some fan fics are really good ... but I gotta say most of them don't make me tear up.

This chapter did - it really brought the feelings well.
Guest chapter 7 . 2/16/2014
This is a comment on entire story, not just chapter 7. Some parts are hilarious and some are very emotional. Just like original Chuck. I especially liked Chuck's conversations over the phone with customers. And Jeff's comment about the president.

Too bad you weren't the one writing screenplay after season 2.
s-david-m chapter 7 . 10/15/2012
Great story. I wonder how this affect Chuck's view of himself. Perhaps he's accepted that he really is a hero and he has to do what he can to help people. Or perhaps he just realized that he wants something real, even if it's not perfect. A dream can never measure up.
umpalumqa chapter 7 . 9/7/2012
Great story and very well written. M favorite in the Angst, Hurt/Comfort genre.
JaxTheKnife chapter 7 . 3/24/2012
Another amazing effort by the best Chuck writer to never work on the show! Wow, that was a good read. I truly think they should give you a job doing a "Season 6" a la what they did in the comics with Buffy, Angel, and from what I understand, Smallville pretty soon. Great job, sir. Every bit on the level of "Chuck vs. the Burn Notice", which is, IMHO, the standard by which fan fics should be judged.
Nephite chapter 7 . 2/1/2012
Great story. It's funny, I actually wanted to read a story lime this since yesterday and just randomly stumbled upon this! Great job, loved it!