Reviews for Chuck Versus a Normal Life
Nephite chapter 7 . 2/1/2012
Great story. It's funny, I actually wanted to read a story lime this since yesterday and just randomly stumbled upon this! Great job, loved it!
uplink2 chapter 7 . 11/17/2011
I finally had the chance top read this story thanks to atcDave reminding us of it at ChuckThis. Fantastic story. Lots of heart and fun mixed in. You captured much of the journey of Chuck to his destiny. Beautifully done.

I see you haven't written anything for Chuck since Mask aired. Coincidence? I think not. I'd love to see you come back and start writing for Chuck again. Now that the end is in sight we need great writers like you to keep the legacy of this show going. I hope you will decide to come back and try your had at Sarah, Chuck and Casey again. If not you wrote some amazing stuff.
HardToScare211 chapter 7 . 1/15/2011
wow i kind of stumbled upon this one accidentally and I absolutely loved it. So just great. Surprisingly sentimental and just really great. I was a tad confused at the beginning as to what exactly was going on. But once I caught on I was totally hooked. Congrats on a fantastic story that is no on my faves.
IllogicallySpiralling chapter 7 . 10/14/2010
I really like this story, how it flicked back and forth. Well done!
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 7 . 7/1/2009
good story.

very emotional in the real world parts.

keep up the good work
aross93 chapter 7 . 7/1/2009
love it! off the read the sequel now!
K chapter 7 . 6/17/2009
Great story! True to characters, fun and well-written!
P.J. Murphy chapter 7 . 6/5/2009
Good stuff. Very enjoyable story.
Meredith44 chapter 7 . 5/28/2009
I liked this look at a "normal" life for Chuck. Actually, I (like you apparently) have felt for awhile that Chuck really does belong in the world that he is in now. (I actually got a little upset at the show at the beginning of this season because they wouldn't let Chuck grow, but by the end he did, so all is well. *grin* BID.)

Anyway, there were minor errors again (such as "show" instead of "shower" and the like), but overall I really enjoyed reading it. I liked how you mirrored his "normal" life on his spy life and how you used Bryce and the intersect to get him out of the fantasy world. Thanks for sharing.
hdru6rssfayhu chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
I've read this story multiple times and just realized I never reviewed it. This is my favorite Chuck story around. You did an absolutely amazing job not only portraying the characters but painting the scenes. I think my favorite scene in the story was where you had Morgan in Chuck's room talking to him. You really captured how great a friend he was when you had him describe himself as a joke but that Chuck always saw through it to the real him.

Really, really amazing story. Thank you so much for writing this.
Baylink chapter 7 . 4/30/2009
Oh, what a nice way to transition back. No, don't do a sequel. The conceit was the charm.

The only bobble was when Ellie punched out; everyone else's seemed in character except hers.

But very nice, indeed. Thank you. Tweeted this one too.
Baylink chapter 6 . 4/30/2009
Ok, wow. Confused now.

This isn't only AU to the series, it's AU to your *own* story, that you're not even done writing yet?

Now I understand why you were saying you were so confused in the ANs to Bomber...
Baylink chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Best chapter so far.

Though the implications of that live right befofe the pivot are making me a little nervous...

I like the Groundhog Day open; been meaning to mention that.

And this chapter is notable for the Nerd herder dispatch scene, and I'd like to tell you why I think so...

Fiction, and especially fan fiction, consists of plot (usually an A and a B, sometimes a C), characterization - which includes but is not limited to dialogue - and "filler".

And what a whole, whole lot of fanfic writers don't get - and you do - is that getting the filler *right* (not to mention doing it at all) is *critical* to making your story fit the milieu.

And the dispatch scene was *perfect*. I like the support calls, too... though a couple more graf breaks would have been nice. :-)
Baylink chapter 4 . 4/30/2009
Of.

Jill and *Bryce*! Ha!

And it's Amber Boc*k*. :-)
Baylink chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
I'm not always an H/C guy, but this frame is nice, because it gives you an excuse to alternate without sounding goofy.

Well done. You do have one line in the sushi place, though, I think, where "Sarah" chastises Devon, and I think it's supposed to be Ellie.
119 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »