Reviews for Chuck Versus a Normal Life
Meredith44 chapter 7 . 5/28/2009
I liked this look at a "normal" life for Chuck. Actually, I (like you apparently) have felt for awhile that Chuck really does belong in the world that he is in now. (I actually got a little upset at the show at the beginning of this season because they wouldn't let Chuck grow, but by the end he did, so all is well. *grin* BID.)

Anyway, there were minor errors again (such as "show" instead of "shower" and the like), but overall I really enjoyed reading it. I liked how you mirrored his "normal" life on his spy life and how you used Bryce and the intersect to get him out of the fantasy world. Thanks for sharing.
hdru6rssfayhu chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
I've read this story multiple times and just realized I never reviewed it. This is my favorite Chuck story around. You did an absolutely amazing job not only portraying the characters but painting the scenes. I think my favorite scene in the story was where you had Morgan in Chuck's room talking to him. You really captured how great a friend he was when you had him describe himself as a joke but that Chuck always saw through it to the real him.

Really, really amazing story. Thank you so much for writing this.
Baylink chapter 7 . 4/30/2009
Oh, what a nice way to transition back. No, don't do a sequel. The conceit was the charm.

The only bobble was when Ellie punched out; everyone else's seemed in character except hers.

But very nice, indeed. Thank you. Tweeted this one too.
Baylink chapter 6 . 4/30/2009
Ok, wow. Confused now.

This isn't only AU to the series, it's AU to your *own* story, that you're not even done writing yet?

Now I understand why you were saying you were so confused in the ANs to Bomber...
Baylink chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Best chapter so far.

Though the implications of that live right befofe the pivot are making me a little nervous...

I like the Groundhog Day open; been meaning to mention that.

And this chapter is notable for the Nerd herder dispatch scene, and I'd like to tell you why I think so...

Fiction, and especially fan fiction, consists of plot (usually an A and a B, sometimes a C), characterization - which includes but is not limited to dialogue - and "filler".

And what a whole, whole lot of fanfic writers don't get - and you do - is that getting the filler *right* (not to mention doing it at all) is *critical* to making your story fit the milieu.

And the dispatch scene was *perfect*. I like the support calls, too... though a couple more graf breaks would have been nice. :-)
Baylink chapter 4 . 4/30/2009
Of.

Jill and *Bryce*! Ha!

And it's Amber Boc*k*. :-)
Baylink chapter 3 . 4/30/2009
I'm not always an H/C guy, but this frame is nice, because it gives you an excuse to alternate without sounding goofy.

Well done. You do have one line in the sushi place, though, I think, where "Sarah" chastises Devon, and I think it's supposed to be Ellie.
Baylink chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Aha!

I *knew* there had to be an explanation.

Nice conceit; this is going to be fun to read, and you don't have to worry about going all AU.

“You know, CIA, NSA, DEA, whichever A they’re getting yogurt girls from these days.”

Best. Line. Evar.

You aren't a hack. Really. You have pretty much got the vibe; I'm actually liking this one even better than 'Bomber', so far.

Course, maybe that's just because I want to see them act it so much... :-)

Have you considered trying the "write an actual screenplay with beats and breaks" idea?
Emily H chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
This story was pretty good but i had a hard time picturing the characters saying some of the things they did. But good work...
NickyR chapter 7 . 4/12/2009
Im in for a series involved with chuck's recovery, I could never get enough! I love your style of writing, and the creativity you bring to the table
NickyR chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
WHAT? that ending has left me speechless! I have to go have easter dinner, so i will have to wait for more chapters but I think u might just have me hooked already
Tilius chapter 7 . 3/31/2009
Interesting story.
Binky chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
Oh I am so LOVING this story! You've totally nailed the character's voices. Please write lots more.
Zentris chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
This is one of the first Chuck fics I've read and it was one heck of a great start. I loved it and I'm jumping at reading its sequel right away.

Great job and can't wait to read more of your stuff. D
Owl Emporium chapter 7 . 3/18/2009
Wow, I truly loved this story! It was so good. I loved how you handled the whole normal life concept, and I loved Bryce being the link to the 'real world'. Great job! This was a very good story and I very much enjoyed it.

Ugh, I must be tired...