Reviews for Chuck Versus a Normal Life
Baylink chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Aha!

I *knew* there had to be an explanation.

Nice conceit; this is going to be fun to read, and you don't have to worry about going all AU.

“You know, CIA, NSA, DEA, whichever A they’re getting yogurt girls from these days.”

Best. Line. Evar.

You aren't a hack. Really. You have pretty much got the vibe; I'm actually liking this one even better than 'Bomber', so far.

Course, maybe that's just because I want to see them act it so much... :-)

Have you considered trying the "write an actual screenplay with beats and breaks" idea?
Emily H chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
This story was pretty good but i had a hard time picturing the characters saying some of the things they did. But good work...
NickyR chapter 7 . 4/12/2009
Im in for a series involved with chuck's recovery, I could never get enough! I love your style of writing, and the creativity you bring to the table
NickyR chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
WHAT? that ending has left me speechless! I have to go have easter dinner, so i will have to wait for more chapters but I think u might just have me hooked already
Tilius chapter 7 . 3/31/2009
Interesting story.
Binky chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
Oh I am so LOVING this story! You've totally nailed the character's voices. Please write lots more.
Zentris chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
This is one of the first Chuck fics I've read and it was one heck of a great start. I loved it and I'm jumping at reading its sequel right away.

Great job and can't wait to read more of your stuff. D
Owl Emporium chapter 7 . 3/18/2009
Wow, I truly loved this story! It was so good. I loved how you handled the whole normal life concept, and I loved Bryce being the link to the 'real world'. Great job! This was a very good story and I very much enjoyed it.

Ugh, I must be tired...

Angelica (:
Arathorn73 chapter 7 . 2/25/2009
I think the length on this was just about right. I'm not sure more chapters could have added anything new. A story needs change/growth during it or it just gets repetitive. I think you were already pushing the limit of what could be done without getting old. I don't think the story got overly repetitive, but it was getting close.

I find it very interesting that Bryce was his way back to the real world. I know Bryce is how Chuck pictures Spy World, in a lot of ways, but it's not really his primary grounding force. I'm not sure who/what is, but I don't think I would have picked Bryce for that role.

Nice story.
Arathorn73 chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
OK, the first part of this story had the whole vibe from Chainfire (Terry Goodkind) nailed. The whole surrealism of everybody else not knowing what was going on but Chuck's determination he was right and then a hint of doubting. The end explains it (though I might've waited until chapter 2 to reveal that - keeping the reader guessing a while is probably a good thing).

Great beginning. Can't wait to read more (and yes, I am least one story behind. Sorry. Hopefully feedback on old stuff is still appreciated.)
Metropolis-Rising chapter 7 . 2/21/2009
This was really great. I'll be honest, the last chapter had me getting a little misty you wrote it so well. YOu have a great handle on the little moments and bits of character that are so integral to what makes Chuck such a great show. Thanks for this!
ZuWang chapter 7 . 2/18/2009
I'm really impressed. You've got the characters spot on, the plot followed through perfectly, and (silly but true) I love it when an author knows his/her grammar rules. I especially liked the repetition theme using the alarm clock. It really tied the whole thing together. Well done.
Newbie101 chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
Wonderful! I love how you incorporated elements from the series into your story - very clever! In some ways, it reminded me of the Broadway play WICKED - which took elements from the original WIZARD OF OZ story and gave us a different perspective. By all means - write a sequel - write anything!
Sreya chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
I REALLY wish we could see this done up as an episode. It'd be perfect for a season finale, giving a time gap for Chuck's recovery before the next season. If only, if only...
Jimmy-J105 chapter 7 . 2/14/2009