Reviews for Chuck Versus a Normal Life
Arathorn73 chapter 7 . 2/25/2009
I think the length on this was just about right. I'm not sure more chapters could have added anything new. A story needs change/growth during it or it just gets repetitive. I think you were already pushing the limit of what could be done without getting old. I don't think the story got overly repetitive, but it was getting close.

I find it very interesting that Bryce was his way back to the real world. I know Bryce is how Chuck pictures Spy World, in a lot of ways, but it's not really his primary grounding force. I'm not sure who/what is, but I don't think I would have picked Bryce for that role.

Nice story.
Arathorn73 chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
OK, the first part of this story had the whole vibe from Chainfire (Terry Goodkind) nailed. The whole surrealism of everybody else not knowing what was going on but Chuck's determination he was right and then a hint of doubting. The end explains it (though I might've waited until chapter 2 to reveal that - keeping the reader guessing a while is probably a good thing).

Great beginning. Can't wait to read more (and yes, I am least one story behind. Sorry. Hopefully feedback on old stuff is still appreciated.)
Metropolis-Rising chapter 7 . 2/21/2009
This was really great. I'll be honest, the last chapter had me getting a little misty you wrote it so well. YOu have a great handle on the little moments and bits of character that are so integral to what makes Chuck such a great show. Thanks for this!
ZuWang chapter 7 . 2/18/2009
I'm really impressed. You've got the characters spot on, the plot followed through perfectly, and (silly but true) I love it when an author knows his/her grammar rules. I especially liked the repetition theme using the alarm clock. It really tied the whole thing together. Well done.
Newbie101 chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
Wonderful! I love how you incorporated elements from the series into your story - very clever! In some ways, it reminded me of the Broadway play WICKED - which took elements from the original WIZARD OF OZ story and gave us a different perspective. By all means - write a sequel - write anything!
Sreya chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
I REALLY wish we could see this done up as an episode. It'd be perfect for a season finale, giving a time gap for Chuck's recovery before the next season. If only, if only...
Jimmy-J105 chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
Good chapter. Thanks.
Shrimpy Kay chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
I've loved this story from beginning to end (sorry I havent told you before).Oh, and I'd love a sequel )
rafiela chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
uhh..

that's it? xc

i'm hoping for a sequel! XD
jagged1 chapter 7 . 2/13/2009
Beautiful way to wrap it up. I liked how he met each important person from his life to come to terms with no longer being 'normal'. Hey, we are fanfic readers - bring on the angsty sequel, lol.

Thanks for posting!
princessdeleon chapter 7 . 2/13/2009
i don't think anyone who reads fan fiction is truly ever angsted out lol. id be down for a sequel
ersk4 chapter 7 . 2/13/2009
What a nice ending! I enjoyed your story very much!
Kyo Tetsuei chapter 7 . 2/13/2009
Ah, happy ending. I liked Chuck's departure from the dream world - each individual scene highlighting something that had happened over the course of his... 'situation'. Thanks for sharing.
jollpw chapter 7 . 2/13/2009
Thanks again for the story. Really enjoyed the ending and as I said in an earlier review clever way to show the comparison of the "normal" life Chuck craves and the actual life he is living now with the intersect in his noggin...

Your sequel idea sounds interesting as well...

Keep em coming...
kdip4014 chapter 7 . 2/13/2009
you can make the sequel all light and fluffiness! I think after the angst of this one, it's just what everyone needs. Though I did enjoy this story.
126 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »