Reviews for Vows
NeversideFaerie chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I love reading tales of Lennier.
Kelmin chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Oh, boy. Another good one. But I have to say, ole Lennier is starting to make me very nervous. He oughta just get the heck away from HER for a good long time. And, if SHE had been paying attention, she probably would have seen, well, what she should have seen. One wonders, did Delenn lose some of her ability to "read" non-verbal signals of other Minbari after her transformation, and after working so hard to read Humans? Or, on the other hand, was she (quite justifiably) so distracted by everything else (and what could that have been?) that she failed to notice Lennier's feelings? OR, on yet another hand (turning into an octopus here), does she think that Lennier's behavior, which is likely similar to her behavior towards Dukhat, who I suspect may have been more than a mentor to her, is just how aides behave? So many questions, not enough tentacles to count them on - so: I look forward to the rest of this series.

As in all your stories your turns of phrase are amazing - your description of Lennier's being "deafened by the sound of the carefully constructed hopes he had built crashing all around him at her words" is incredible. And, the final scene, with David Sheridan talking to Lennier, really in a fatherly sort of way, is very touching.

Finally, thanks for your thoughtfulness in so clearly stating the episodes that the chapters are set after - that way readers like me, who have not finished watching the series yet, won't get spoilers!
eternal vampire chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
I agree. This story really deend more than one review. Your decriptions of the expressions on their faces and their surroundings is excellent. I could just see Lennier standing listening to John and Delenn, not wanting to, but unable to turn away. ANd when she said her final vow, and added the Minbari, the look on Lennier's face broke my heart. This is a great story.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Read this and None So Blind. This is an interesting arc, and it's a shame there are no other reviews for either story. That said, I find your views of Lennier realistic considering what he did to John Sheridan later on. It certainly is interesting, the extremes one goes to when emotions are high enough. David had some good advice, pity Lennier couldn't bring himself to listen. His last unheard words were rather apt as well. Will be watching for more of this arc.