Reviews for Oniichan
SunLight chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Very well done, and definitely one of the more unique Digimon outtakes I've read.
SkyBlue-Dreamer chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
I love the way you described Taichi in this story!

I also felt so sad for Hikari even though I knew she would meet him again.

This story really shows the close bond and love between Hikari and Taichi and I love the way you portrayed that.

By the way you are now OFFICIALLY one of my favourite authors!

Keep writing in that special way of yours and don't ever lose that spark!

Loved it!
AyumiCuteLolaBunny-Chan chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
OOOOOOHH! i wish i had a Oniichan like Taichi... you know Taichi is a loyal Oniichan that always protect Hikari, and i want had a Oniichan like that... well i like the story it was really good and this story taken from the anime episode 21 hehe GOOD JOB! BYE
Angelfish369 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
that was a beautiful episode eh? your piece captured the essence of the episode. it's very nice and has the dreamy, calming effect.
Nietzsche's Itch chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Interesting to see what Kari might have thought here. Great job
The Two-One-Five chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
You know, I, too, once tried to write in the secondary perspective- I fairly enjoy the seldom used style when done right. However, after reading through some it I realized mine was just first POV with "I" being replaced by "you." This did not feel like that at all; I don't think this piece would have been as effective if done any other way. Really enjoyed Hikari's thoughts here as this was the episode that got me hooked on Digimon all those years ago (time sure does fly). The way that she didn't quite trust him added to how much Taichi had grown so far in his journey and was an interesting perspective. Great read as always
Ris Fallon chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I really like this - I'm surprised I haven't stumbled across it before. I've always liked when fic writers take a canon scenario and spin it, telling the same story from a different angle.

Helps that I've always loved Hikari's character. (:
Na-cat chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
That was lovely! I thoroughly admire the excellent use of second person here, you've managed to give a certain feel to it, which was great. I'd be curious to know how/why you decided on it, though!

I adored that episode; again you've written something that adds on perfectly, and also gives so much more (in a different way, I mean.)

You really captured the strange state of retreat Kari was in. And I love how you wrote all of her feelings concerning her brother, they were just so sweet. Tragically sweet in some areas, even.

In short, love!
PrincessJaded chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I personally really enjoy this point of view. Anyway... aw poor Hikari.
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Best episode ever. I love that you did it from Hikari's perspective. Putting it in 2nd person made it even more personal. Particularly "He’s drifting away. You’re the only thing keeping him grounded." The line really hit me, and I think that it's being in 2nd person made me feel even more desolate. The whole thing is very Hikari.
Frozen Twins chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Very enjoyable, and very entertaining. This is a really good look at Hikari when Taichi comes back. The only critism I have is that the second person view is kind of odd. It would have been better to go with a first person view (I) or maybe a thrid person view (Hikari). The second person view isn't very appealing.
agoodcupoftea chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Personally I liked 02 better, but this was so sweet_
PinkCherry12 chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
KAWAII ! I loved it.
ARCtheElite chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Just a question? Why did you write it in second person? I got the feeling that, since you were focusing on Hikari's perspective, it would have been more effective to write it in first person, unless, of course, it was from Taichi's perspective, reflecting on what happened (which doesn't look like it).

Besides that, I think you did a great job putting Hikari's reactions to everything that happened that day.

And on a side note, I never understood that episode, since Hikari's initial portrayal was much more subdued and held back (docile?)as her later ones, even in season 1.

And do you plan on writing any more? I know you listed this as complete, but there ARE plenty of other times you could write (excluding the whole Kari getting sick one; that's been done so many times)

Anyway, great story; I enjoyed it.