Reviews for All The WayAgain
Paris568 chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I love this Buffy,not so dumb !
SpyKid18 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
This was adorable! I loved Spike's interactions with Dawn. They were some of the scenes that truly redeemed him in my eyes.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
i liked this.
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
This is really good! I like it - especially this part:

"What just happened here?" Buffy asked Giles as they scrambled to follow the vampire and his precious cargo.

"Dawn was worried that Spike was angry with her." He answered simply.

"Yeah, I get that. My question is why was Dawn worried about whether or not Spike was mad at her?"

Giles looked uncomfortable for a moment before pulling his polishing cloth out of his pocket and setting to work on his glasses.

"While you were, uh...away, Dawn and Spike became extremely close. In the days immediately after your...death," Giles said the word through clenched teeth, "he was the only one she would respond to. Even after Willow and Tara moved into the house to help with her care, she'd sneak off only to be found sleeping at Spike's crypt. For awhile, he had to sit with her every night until she fell asleep or risk her wandering off into the night to find him." The Watcher mindlessly polished his glasses while staring pensively ahead. "And when everyone else was busy, which was most often, he was her primary guardian."

"So, basically, he was her baby-sitter all summer?"

Exasperation crept into his features as Giles replaced his glasses. "It was more involved than that, Buffy."

"Involved how?"

"She loves him, very much. I'm not sure if she sees him as an older brother or more of a father-figure, but she either way, she loves him. And, although it goes against everything I was ever taught about soulless vampires, he loves her, too. I firmly believe that she is the only reason he didn't just walk into the sun after you jumped."

"Oh." Buffy had nothing more to say. The rest of the trip was made in silence. It wasn't until they'd reached the house and Giles turned to leave that Buffy spoke. "You're not staying? I thought, maybe, you could talk to Dawn for..."

"It is not my job to discipline Dawn, Buffy." He interrupted. "That responsibility lies with you."

"I know. It's just...I-I don't really know what I'm doing. I don't know how to be a mom, Giles."

"Then don't be a mother, be a sister." He said sagely before departing, leaving a confused and flustered Slayer on the driveway. She entered the house to find Spike sitting on the staircase, fidgeting with an unlit cigarette.

"Dawn's upstairs waitin' for you. Reckon she wants to know just how much trouble she's in." He told her as he rose and headed for the door. "She's had a tough night, Slayer. Go easy on her."

"Spike?" Buffy called to him before he could disappear into the night.

"What, luv?"

"Giles told me that you took care of her while I was dead."

"Yeah, well," he flinched at the casual way she mentioned her death, "had a promise to keep, didn't I?" He said gruffly.

"Yes, you did. But that's not the only reason you stayed, is it?"

"No," he admitted rather grudgingly, " 's not the only reason. When you died, it tore the 'Bit up. I couldn't just leave with her hurtin' like that. 'M not Peaches. I don't skip town when the scene becomes less than ideal. And it's not like I was doing it to impress you, so don't you be thinkin' that." He waggled a defensive finger at her. "I didn't think you'd ever be back. I did it because, despite my best efforts not to become a complete poof, I love the chit. I know you don't think that's possible without a soul, but…"

"Spike," Buffy cut through his babbling, "I-I know it's possible. I know you can love."

"Oh…well," he uttered confusedly, thrown by her softly spoken words, "that's good then." The vampire graced her with a genuine smile. Not a smirk or a quirk of the lips, but a real honest-to-goodness smile. He stood awkwardly for a moment, the silence stretching between the two of them until he cleard his throat and stepped back towards the door. "Since that's cleared up, I'd better get going, pet. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"He'd already turned to go when a deceptively frail looking hand latched onto his forearm.

"Wait!"

"Yeah?"

"Um, if y-you…" Buffy paused to find the words she needed. "Say, there was this girl and she snuck out and met up with some less-than-reputable character and got herself into a bit of trouble. If you were going to punish her, what would you do?"

A smug looking smirk crept across Spike's pale face. "Are you asking me for advice, Slayer?"

"No!" She denied automatically before dropping her eyes. "Maybe." She admitted, throwing her hands up in frustration. "It's just…I…I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to do any of this! All of this mothering stuff. Give me an apocalypse any day and I'll handle it just fine without even breaking a sweat, but ask me successfully parent my little sister without emotionally scarring her for the rest of her life and I have a panic attack. What if I screw up? What if Dawn winds up hating me for the rest of her life. What if…"

"Enough!" Spike tipped Buffy's chin up, locking her eyes with his. "First of all, you are going to screw up." He shushed her when she preemptively scoffed at his attempt to placate her. "That's just a fact of life, pet. No ones perfect, not even the Slayer. You'll probably even screw up more than once. But no matter how badly you mess things up, Dawn will never hate you. She'll love you until the day the sun stops shining and not a day less. You're her whole world and the sooner you realize that, the easier this is all going to be. She needs you, Buffy. Just be there for her. You don't have to replace your mum, you just have to be yourself and she'll be satisfied."

"Wow," Buffy smiled softly, "that didn't make quite so much sense when Giles said it."

"Well, I've been around for just a bit longer than him." The vampire winked. "Makes me just a little bit wiser."

"I get it now, that I don't have to be perfect, but…I'm still scared. What if…"

"Nope, no more 'what if's', Slayer. You've just got to take it day-by-day and see what happens."

"Will you be here?"

"W-What?" He stuttered, taken aback by her abrupt and slightly desperate question.

"Will you be here, y'know, while I'm taking it day-by-day? I mean, it's not like I need you to do everything for me," she rushed, uncomfortable with being vulnerable, "but…it'd be nice to have some back-up when I need it."

"Slayer," he brushed a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear, "Buffy, I'll always have your back. I don't know how to make that any clearer than I already have. I'm your beck-and-call vamp, remember?"

" Yeah, I remember and…thank-you, Spike. I don't even know what to…and you, you…just…thank-you."

"No need to thank me, pet. Besides," he flashed another one of those genuine smiles, "I'll be requiring sexual favors for my services." He had the front door open and was halfway down the steps before Buffy could fully process what he'd said.

"WHAT?" She yelled, chasing after him.

"Oh, don't get your knickers in a twist, luv. I was only joking."

"Yeah, well…you'd better have been." The smile tugging at the corners of her mouth belied her commanding tone. Spike bowed obligingly before once again turning to head in the direction of his crypt. He'd only made it a few feet when Buffy once again called out to him. "Wait, you never told me how you'd punish Dawn!"

"Take away her telephone privileges for two weeks and make her come straight home after school. No hopping off to Janice's or any of her other little friend's for two weeks, either." He called back.

"Really? That's all you'd do?"

The vamp shrugged, shaking his head dismissively. "Yeah, figure she's been through enough tonight. Got caught sneaking out, had to stake the boy she liked, got yelled out by a devilishly handsome, yet terribly horrifying British vampire…"

"Okay, okay," Buffy said, holding out her hands in surrender, "I get it. Go light with the punishment."

"Just this once. She does this again, you bring the house down around her, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Fantastic! Very well-written, too. :)

Keep up your awesome, super-cool, creative writing! :)
SoUtHeRnBeLLe706 chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
it is what it is and it was great. perfect ending for a perfect story.
Sailor-Lit chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
It was PERFECT! I loved it! That TOTALLY should have been an alternate ending for that episode!
Janec Shannon chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I have to admit, I think your ending fits the episode better. I mean Spike makes it obvious time and time again that he loves Dawn in a daughter or sister kinda way and when your daughter/baby sister does something that nearly gets her killed you don't just say "Well, I'm off."

It was well written and I enjoyed it :)
LauraJanIce chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Sweet. Very sweet.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
A great story. Very good.
KC chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I'm new to fan fiction, but I enjoyed it! Your portrayal of Spike was convincing and it was a nice breath of relief to have something with a lighter tone to it. No angst, no doom, no gloom, just a nice story that leaves you feeling a bit better than when you began.
CaptainSammish chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
I really enjoyed this. I like it best when stories could actually have been canon, you know? No weird pairings, none of that alternate universe business, just straight up could've-been-on-the-show goodness. Thanks for the read!
P-Money chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I really enjoyed it. Good writing.
PurpleIvy chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Good way to go. I liked it.
Cherryll chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I think it is a good story
Tattoodragon chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I loved the story. I think that's the way it should have gone. I really like the friendship between Dawn and Spike. I thought you did great job of getting into the characters. As for the ending, I'm not exactly sure if I like it. I think it wraps things up a little too neatly and quickly. Maybe instead Spike doesn't have to leave the house, but instead stays, as Buffy goes to talk to Dawn or something? Of course you don't have to use the suggestion, but I think going along the lines of not knowing what to do from here is still a concept that should be kept in the end. I hope all of that was clear.

: )