Reviews for Reparations
PureSlytherin4vr chapter 10 . 12/14/2009
I just finished reading and I have to say you are brilliant! The plot was believable. It has a realism and spirit to it that are hard to come by. I never really noticed how much I skim paragraphs or entire chapters of some stories. Your story kept me engaged the entire time. I wasn't bored at all. The OC's didn't overshadow the story at all. It took me a few seconds after finishing the story to remember that most of the characters were original. I loved your Harry and Draco. The quality of the characters was excellent. The routines, personality quirks, all the little additions add a life to story. It becomes so much more tangible and easier for a reader to fully immerse themselves into the world you (and JKR) created. I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to read a story that the author actually took great care in creating. I don’t say that lightly either. There’s no greater compliment I can give. Now off to read the sequel. .
heymrstone chapter 10 . 12/7/2009
Wow, just when I thought there simply weren't anymore good HP/DM-fics out there... this was completely amazing. I haven't come across anything like this since I first read Maya's fics a few years ago, so you can imagine my delight.

Basically, it was a great read. I love how everyone's IC, and I really think you've captured the essence and the dynamic of the Harry/Draco-relationship. I'm so happy about the build up - it just doesn't make sense when they jump straight into bed with eachother. And the flapjacks... loved it. I'll be sure to check out more of your stories.
saya.sen chapter 10 . 11/29/2009
this was great, a wonderful mix of humor, romance and intrigue. Goo job!
rtag chapter 10 . 11/28/2009
This story was amazing. Not all AUs can pull it all off so well. Kudos.
Clumsy Thestral chapter 9 . 11/27/2009
I've been meaning to say for a few chapters now that I've always hated OC's because they usually try to take over the story, or they detract from the plot rather than add to it, or they are a pathetic attempt of the author to get themselves in PotterWorld. That said, I must admit that you've done what few authors can do-created a story with well over ten OC's and yet Harry and Draco still remain the focus, the OC's are believable characters that are used only for the storyline and their part in it isn't excessive or obnoxious. That's extremely difficult to do successfully. Sometimes your characters are barely mentioned (Daisy, Lisa), some have larger parts (Fyzal, Cecile) and sometimes it's more of a description than speaking parts (Rodriguez), or sometimes inbetween (Tremellen). In all cases, they are only used when needed and it would be ridiculous to populate St. Mungo's with all of Harry's old classmates. Even the names we do recognize (Boot, Midgon) aren't the main characters in the books, just familiar names.

I can't stand stories where Harry works as an auror (or other job) with Ron, Ernie, Seamus, Neville, and Dean. Susan and Hannah are his secretaries, Lavendar and Parvati write columns in the paper about them, and Hermione is the Minister of Magic. It just makes you want to scream. The point is, after all that rambling, that you've done a wonderful job creating a story with so many Original Characters that are so well incorporated (detailed only when necessary) that you don't feel like they're new or out of place. Very, very few authors can actually pull that off.

Ok, I'll cease babbling now. Thank you for your hard work.
Bookworm1214 chapter 10 . 11/27/2009
I took your advice and read Reparations despite reading Foundations first.

I really enjoyed it! Again, I found your story to be well balanced. There was a lot less Harry/Draco relationship stuff than in Foundations, but that was expected. I really like your writing. I hope you've written other long fanfics because I would really love to read them.
Clumsy Thestral chapter 6 . 11/26/2009
I just want to say that I absolutely love your pacing. With a past like theirs, it would be incredibly unrealistic for Harry and Draco to fall madly in love in 2 chapters-and what would be the excitement in a story like that anyway?
Topaz.Emerald.Onyx.Sexy chapter 10 . 11/25/2009
I absolutely loved this fic! It was charming and such a great way to put Harry and Draco together. Cheers!
skeleton.gold chapter 10 . 11/24/2009
Hello :)

I was supposed to do something important today but that all went out the window when I stumbled across your story. I haven't left my chair since I started reading, and that was a quite a few hours ago. Completely and utterly enthralling :)

I thought the whole premise was pretty wonderful, and a nice change from the usual Harry being an Auror. As for your writing style, it's absolutely exquisite. There were so many moments when you took my breath away. I had a little knot of nerves in my stomach during the cupboard chapter, I was so lost in your story I think I almost mistook myself for Harry at times! And all the little things, like legs touching under cafeteria tables and Harry talking to his cupboard...enchanting.

Just, beautiful! I absolutely cannot wait to read more of your work!
Silenceberry chapter 10 . 11/18/2009
I never read stories that take so long to get to a point and yours took so long that I thought it was going to be boring, but I was shock that I could not stop reading it. This story was so beautiful, you could say it was a page turner, I love it and your are incredible writer. I will put your story in my web page with a link back to you, and I definitely will check the rest of of our stories.

Just wonderful...

This is the page petrificustotalus./
Andrea chapter 3 . 11/17/2009
I love the story, but I can't help but notice that the latin is wrong. The correct latin would be "Mea fabula", because the speaker is feminine. The other phrase should be "Mea fabula est mei dicere" when you use the infinitive, the idiophrase would mean "to _" . I really like the idea of the story though and the personalization of the characters is incredible.
Rominion chapter 10 . 11/17/2009
This story was amazing and wonderful and I loved it. Thank you so much for spending the time to write it...
emeraldchickpea chapter 10 . 11/15/2009
It's been a lovely story and I like how you portray the boys. Looking forward to the sequel.
emeraldchickpea chapter 2 . 11/15/2009
Don't worry that you think you're going too slowly - character and plot development takes time!
Kris chapter 10 . 11/14/2009
A very charming story, and well written.
1,248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 .. Last Next »