Reviews for Backslide
1eclecticreader chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Though it saddens me, I completely agree with LL and your story. Unfortunately, the backslide was expected even if I had hoped to the contrary. How can one miss something one never really had? So true...
anon chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
You're completely right. Clark doesn't deserve Lois right now; not after he went running back to Lana. This was perfect.
The Green Sword chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Clark needs to stop living in the past! Thank you for including this in your story, he's been acting like a little boy!
Meg chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Can you do me a favor and knock one of the SV writers over the head sneak into the writer's room and ram this vignette down their throats?

I really hope that Lois doesn't give Clark the time of day, because you are so right. He was becoming a man that Lois could love only to revert back to some whiny little teenager that she wouldn't give the time of day.
gathers-no-moss chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
This is really lovely. Exactly how I feel about Clark and how he turns back into a boy whenever the ex is around. This is my favorite line, because I believe it's probably what a lot of supporters are feeling:

And if at some point, Lois feels her heart tighten at the thought of how things might have been. . .
sunset chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Ouch! Your words touched my heart, as well...

And if at some point, Lois feels her heart tighten at the thought of how things might have been, she shrugs it off, because how can she miss something that she never really had?

I'm very disappointed with the past 4 episodes of smallville so thank you so much for sharing this!
Mercedes88 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Very well done. Please continue soon!