Reviews for A Genius's Puzzle
HovaStrider chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
this is quite a little gem you have here. I like it.
sadasd chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
THAT WAS AWESOME
SonicGirl4Ever chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Nice idea on what REALLY happened off-screen in Sonic X. :)
Gigagamer3000 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
This is so awsome! I officially find this canon with the storyline! Great job man!
sagapaga chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Nice story, i've allways thought that Eggman lied about the jogging part, it was beyond my understanding... :d but it makes sense, actually, why wouldn't he like the ocean?
shadewanderer chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I love this story. I have always wondered what happened in that time frame in the show.
qwerty chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This was really good!
PreviouslyTorpe chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I loved this! I love to read stories like this when you see Eggman in a bit of a different light. Great job!
dib07 chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Oh wow this story was awesome! I loved how you tied it in like that! Gah i wish the actual series had been like that! Great job! Lolol! And i loved how you described/put in how gentle Eggman was despite being the enemy and such.
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
This is interesting because we usually don't see things from Robotnik's (I refuse to call him Eggman) POV. I also agree that, as far as he's concerned, the only one who's going to kill off Sonic is him, so he wouldn't just let him die like that because it'd be a blow to his pride. If nothing else, things would be boring without the speedster.

It's a nice quiet piece.

Cya!
Flightgirl chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
That was great! I haven't a single complaint.

I've always wondered what Eggman was thinking just before that decision to save Sonic, and also what the motivation was to take care of him until he was 'back on his feet' (hehe PUN!). I figured it was something along the lines of this story, but seeing it written down makes it, i dunno, more believable. I noticed the difference in Sonic's condition, too! Great job explaining everything. It made a LOT of sense!

Flightgirl
pantedgieQueen13 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Um...what can I say? Totally, totally awesome. Is that really all?

Oh, and about the japanese version? I found it once, but I've only ever watched it once. The lines totally suck. English version's better :) Thanks for the entertaining read! I hope to see more from you very soon!
captain king chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Your grammar is better than most of the junk on here, and you know how to construct a story.

However, here is what you can do better:

-try combining your sentences into compound sentences. For example, instead of: "He knelt down beside the hedgehog and reached for his arm. He wrapped his fingers around Sonic’s thin wrist surprisingly gently and, pushing back the hedgehog’s glove, felt for any signs of life."

Try: "He knelt down beside the hedgehog, gently wrapped his fingers around Sonic's thin wrist and pushed back his glove, feeling for signs of life."

If you find the combined sentence too long or clunky, just rework some details to make it shorter. Don't exhaust the reader with long sentences. Pack it down to make it shorter and juicier for the reader. It's good to alternate between short and long sentences. It keeps things interesting for your audience.

-let the audience figure things out. Don't tell them that it's weird Eggman is being gentle with Sonic. They should be thinking that it's weird anyway.

Good luck, and keep writing.
Master Metallix chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Very nice job. A snappy "Thanks, Egghead!" before running off might have been slightly more in character, since Sonic shouldn't really be that ungrateful, but you did well anyway, and I won't fault you. Keep up the good work.
DarkRocketX chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Okay, I feel like reviewing now.

Yeah, very interesting and very nice plot.

I like the bad guys. Eggman...well...he's not one of my favourties...I like the Organization XI from KH better.

Great story!