Reviews for The One That Got Away
Harmne chapter 20 . 3/30/2013
LOL, I think maybe Sheppard wants more than just "actiony" from you to make things up to him. You owe him big time!

I liked the supportive Ronan and Teyla in this, and surprisingly I liked Woolsey, too. I usually don't like him much - he seemed SUCH a sleazy ass in the SG1 episodes! and I have a hard time getting over that...
Questfan chapter 20 . 10/4/2010
Your first outing with Siren was great but this story is just incredible. You had me holding my breath each time I was sure she was going to finish off John. Making her mortal in order to kill her was a stroke of genius. Well since it's 2am I probably should go to bed but I couldn't sleep until I knew the outcome. I think this is the best story of yours I have read (at least so far!)
kirroth chapter 20 . 11/17/2009
Bah, what do I always say? Good story!

I didn't even suspect until right before the big reveal that Dr. Zimmer was an ascended. Even then, I had no idea it would be Hedda! That's so cute, especially that she surfed with Sheppard as a dolphin.
Principessa Di Morte chapter 20 . 9/4/2009
All I can say is... Holy Crap. This was an AMAZING story. Wonderously fantastic and exraordinarily creative and different. LIke a real book. It could be published. Left me dumbstruck almost, were the ending not so relaxed (but perfect...) :D Yeah. The characters were completely perfect. The ONLY thing I would've liked it a little more Rodney, cuz J/R Friendship just rocked, but it was refreshing to read one that was so amazingly well done w/out him. You have Ronon and Teyla down to the last detail. Very well done, keep writing.
CazzBlade chapter 20 . 5/13/2009
I knew there was something up with that Zimmer! :P

Amazing story! Really enjoyed reading it :D Great team interaction and affection for each other :)
ClaMiAl chapter 20 . 5/12/2009
Finally I got around to finish reading this fic! And it was awesome! I loved the interaction between the characters, both the mortal and ascended ones. And I loved the John whumping! I was very glad that John didn't suddenly turn into a super powerful being, and that he had to really struggle to keep Siren from destroying Atlantis, let alone to defeat her. I'm not too sure about his 'missing' memory, though...On the one hand he tells his friends that he remembers almost nothing of his time as an ascended and even thinks to himself that he's content not to remember more, but then he goes and mentions things he is not supposed to be remembering. Like which ascendeds came to his help and how exactly Siren died. Though, I guess, it could just be his memories returning bit by bit.

Anyway. I had an absolutely great time reading this fic! Thanks for writing and posting it.
Eternal Density chapter 20 . 5/11/2009
Hi, I just found and read the 'Siren Series'. Great stuff, with plenty of suspense, angst, action, and character development.

I quite liked the surprise of Hedda.

Pity we never found out what Larrin's message was :P
Trishkafibble chapter 20 . 4/12/2009
Gorgeous! Heh, I feel as though I got away with something, getting to read the last 6 or 7 chapters all at once! It was well worth the wait-such a very satisfying denouement, especially the coda with Hedda, and the way you wrapped up the story with John going to Ronon "when the memories got too thick." Just perfect! Just be sure you convince John to come out and play some more in your playground-it may involve some bumps and bruises, but 'tis oh so rewarding in the end!
LAIsobel chapter 20 . 4/11/2009
This was amazing :o)
shepsgirl72 chapter 20 . 3/17/2009
I'm new to fanfic, and this is the first thing I've read. I suspect I may struggle to find things as well written as this, it's fantastic! The characterisation was great, and it was nice to see the team worrying for Sheppard, something that was often lacking in the show. So often, Sheppard is seen to just 'bounce back', but in reality, there would be problems. I thought you conveyed his gritty determination and his love of Atlantis and his team incredibly well. And Siren, well, I love a completely irredeemable character - makes killing them that much more satisfying.

You kept me reading right to the end. Great work.
drufan chapter 20 . 3/9/2009
Finally I can review. Well that was exciting and thrilling. What a fight and an awesome way to bring Siren to justice. I figured Zimmer was an ascended being but didn't know which one. Hedda was a nice choice.

Great story, awesome whump, and fun to boot. Thanks!
cimmer chapter 20 . 3/6/2009
Wow, this was a really interesting story. It took me awhile to get into it but once I did it was fascinating. You really did knock him around quite a bit. I'm glad Rodney and Keller weren't involved. It was nice to have Ronan and Teyla be the main guys there for Sheppard. It gave them a chance to shine along with Woolsey. It was nice to see all the ascended folks make a return appearance. Now Sheppard can truly say he has friends in high places since even the stuffy elders are happy Siren is gone. LOL

Neat. Thanks
jodz92 chapter 20 . 3/6/2009
Thank you for writing that story, I really, really, really enjoyed it! I love the Shep Whump and you write it fantastically :D Well done! x
AtlantisJoeFan chapter 20 . 3/6/2009
Thank you for this terrific story. Great to have John back in physical form again - where he's best, of course! I should think the feels the need for a little respite from all the pain and suffering - though not for too long, eh?
hoellenwauwau chapter 20 . 3/6/2009
Great conclusion to your story. Sheppard's friends are always there for him when he needs them! :)

I liked it very much and hope to read more from you soon! :)