Reviews for But She Hates my Cello!
Jei Hua Mae chapter 1 . 1/21
I just read your fic, "Four Times Sally Couldn't Get a Date" and had to see what other stories you wrote. I love the way you write Buddy and Sally! This was a fantastic look into Buddy's thoughts. We didn't get to see the serious side of him very often, but it very definitely DID exist, and I can very much imagine him reasoning like this. Especially about the cello and Larry.
Lovebubbles74 chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
This is great. I love how this is from Buddy's point of view; we hardly ever get to hear it on the show. You and I have a lot of the same observations about Buddy's poor judgment with Pickles. I loved reading the discussion here too; there are definitely instances where Buddy shows he cares about Pickles (like when he bought her cigarettes in the Check Grabber episode, or was upset when he thought she had cheated on him in the Divorce episode), but at the same time, it is clearly noticeable that Buddy is very often exasperated with Pickles's behavior, joking aside. Honestly, in the Divorce episode, he sounded less upset about the thought of Pickles cheating on him and more angry about the fact that he put up with her for so many years for her to spend his money on another man. It's too bad the show never really addressed how Buddy and Sally were so much more compatible with each other. Of course Sally would never want to break up a marriage, but it sure makes you wonder how someone so successful and reasonably attractive like Sally couldn't find anyone in New York who would date her than once other than Herman Glimpshire unless she wanted it that way... in my opinion I think she was holding out for Buddy to change his mind! Thanks for the great read!
Sand n' Sable chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I just started actively watching the show this year and yes, Buddy complained, joked, and everything about Pickles but in the end he loves her. Remember the show about him getting mad at the mere thought of her having a affair?

I see how everybody would like Sally and Buddy to get together but even Sally would not break up a married couple. You did do a good job writing and I liked how you included Larry, the dog. Most people forget the little things like the pets.
iloveromance chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I haven't watched "Dick Van Dyke" in ages, but I just love this story! I can totally see Buddy saying these things! Very enjoyable! I'm so glad I decided to look in the Dick Van Dyke category!
fatback 64 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I am watching the DVD show and it is my favorite show. I too always thought sally and buddy had a bit of something on the side. LOL Did you know both actors knew Al Capone crazy.
Melchy chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I don't like the premise of your story. But I do like your writing style. You have captured Buddy very well.

But as an avid Dick Van Dyke watcher, who wore out three sets of video tapes and watches them over and over again on DVD, I've never found that Buddy hates his wife. He does tease her unmercifully, but he does that to everybody. Buddy and Pickles are cute and would kill other people. However, I will give you one thing-Buddy and Sally do have good chemistry.

As for the name Pickles, she says in one episode that her name is Fiona,but everyone in her neighborhood that is named Fiona is called Pickles. And being a show girl, Pickles Conway, would sound much better than Fiona Conway.

Please write more! I was so happy to see a story for this show.
B.A. Tyler chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Very interesting! (Pickles, I think, is her stage name, but I digress.) I love Sally and I love the Sally-Buddy friendship, and yeah, I can go along with a Sally-Buddy relationship, if you insist. :-) This was a cute story. Nicely done!
dippisauce chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
You are right, it is disappointing to note that no stories have been written on this show until now! So, congrats for taking up the initiative. Do continue the story as I love this show very much...also involve other characters of the show in your future plots. Your story is shaping up nicely. Keep updating regularly and write new plots!
Foxcat93 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Great little vignette! You ask who watches the Dick van Dyke show...I love that show...so well written and funny...I think your scenario is right on! Your characterization of Buddy is great...he was one of the best characters in a show filled with great characters...I would love to read a longer story! Keep writing!

Foxcat93
Singing Wolf chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Very cute! I always thought Buddy and Sally were secretly in love. :) Thanks for writing and sharing this with us!
bleh0 chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
I still watch that show with my brother. And we don't like Pickles either. I mean, who names their kid Pickles anyway? I like Buddy a lot too. But why can I only find ONE Dick Van Dyke Show story? Sorry, I'm rambling. But anyway, I really do like your story. Buddy and Sally wold make a cute couple!