Reviews for The Gulf That Grows
ccase13 chapter 2 . 4/11/2012
They did both get over the siren's words and back together eventually.
RedDragen chapter 2 . 2/17/2009
In some ways I still think they need to talk it out about what happened on the show. I hope it does not hurt what they have as brothers.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
It's exactly what I think Dean would be thinking! Great job.
supernatfem76 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
I enjoyed this. I feel that you captured how Dean felt about Sam's words well. I liked this chapter as much as the first. Another well done tag!
cozmikfaerie chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
I hope you did not get death threats, that truly is uncalled for! I, for one, love to read how different authors see the boys, love having those different perspectives. That is what is good about fanfiction, to read all the different stories, see how the characters are interpreted, and I just cannot see threatening someone, so shame on those who do. I enjoyed Sam's POV, and Dean's as well. It was an excellent episode, and this was an excellent character study!
vonnie836 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Wow, you very adequately gave words to Dean's reason to hold back and the pain he feels over Sam's words. It makes it even more difficult to accept the split between the brothers. They are not meant to hurt each other like that. Thanks for going there and writing this. Hugs, Vonnie
irishgirl9 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Wonderful chapter, Peanut! I really love the insight you gave to dean's motivations lately. I never thought of him be scared top go back to hell, but it makes perfect sense. Wonderful job with this story!

I totally agree with your auther's note. If you don't like the direction a story goes stop reading and find one that suits your tastes, cause there's plenty out there. There's no call to be mean or get nasty.

I look foward to reading more from you.
angeleyenc chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
I liked it!
Ghostwriter chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Nice. You've got the boys down pat. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
nykky chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
I enjoyed this and I agree with your author note regarding Dean's comments. I also think it sad that people are taking this show way, way too serious. I think we can all disagree with I becoming personal. None of this people are paying your rent so let it go.

Anyway, I think that you capture two interesting conflicts in the brothers, especially Sam who I didn't see feeling alone in the image but now that you mentioned it, I can see that being true. cool reflection.
sunnyjunedays chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Hi, I really could feel the emotional exhaustion Dean is feeling because of the things both of them said and i really hope that they can work through them and get back onto an even keel sooner or later.

Dean did say probably the most hurtful thing to Sammy whilst he was not under the influence of the siren but i think Sammy gave as good as he got.

I think i am probably more of a Dean girl but watch this show because i love all of the characters, Sam, Dean, Bobby, John, all of them and it's writers like you who can see beyond their favourite character and realise this is a story about TWO brothers.

As for your a/n at the beginning of this i would just like to say to those who write such awful words:-

GO AWAY, WE DON'T NEED YOU HERE, THIS IS A PLACE FOR TRUE FANS OF THE WHOLE SHOW TO SHARE EACH OTHERS IDEAS AND READ SOME AMAZING STORIES.

There i feel a little better now, thanks for this bluepeanutm&m i really enjoyed it. x
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Wow, I never thought about that myself-that maybe Dean feared the fighting now because he was afraid that at the end, he wouldn't be allowed into the gates of Heaven. How sad!

I am so in agreeance with your author notes girl! Lately there have been some downright nasty things said in reviews. If people don't like the story, why don't they just hit the back button!
1Pagan3 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Hey Peanut - great ones as usual. You've managed to show Dean's reasoning and thoughts, and even his emotional pain in there. Awesome!

I too have had trouble with this episode... and to hear that the tags to it have been accompanied by - death threats? Please tell me you're kidding? Have we gotten so far away from the fact that this is fiction that we've lost our minds? I hope that we can all get back to the way we were - each and every one of us enjoying the show and the boys so much that we had to share a part of our imaginations as well.

Thanks Peanut for sharing your stories with all of us. I hope that those who can't appreciate you, can find it in themselves to either find a more appropriate way to express their displeasure, stay quiet, or move on.
darksupernatural chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
first off, thanks for what you said above. As TraSan has taken to saying, It's about damn time we took back our freakin' fandom! what they're doing to Muffy is just wrong!

I'm hoping you're above the flames on this one because I loved it. Not being the dean girl, but loving him anyway I can see his emotions here and it really fits with why he lied and told Sam they were okay. Great work my friend. Thanks for the enjoyable read and the TWO important perspectives here. It's what some people should read and take to heart.

Kris.
annie200 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
This was really well thought out, and underlines my big fear that both boys are becoming more convinced of their own point of view and less able to be flexible of their brother's. So major angst on the horizon for all of us , I fear.

I think your rationale for Dean's apparent hesitation could well be right. He doesn't believe that he can be forgiven, he certainly can't forgive himself, and he dreads returning to hell to torture more souls. That would certainly fit with Dean's personality more than suddenly becoming "weak".

Re your comments on abusive reviews I totally agree. All of you writers do what you do for no money and to give those of us who crave more Supernatural (and haven't got the talent to write our own,) pleasure. It's insane to become abusive just because you don't agree with a point of view. That's what the "Back" button is for if you don't want to continue. So thank you for your efforts even though they confirm my worst fears of more episodes of Winchester-related agony!