Reviews for What Kind of Brother?
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Awww, dis some Sirius makin' up!
Like DAMMMMNNN, GURL. 'BOUT TIME.

Seriously though, this was sweet and sad and fantastic all at once and I just... IMMA CRY.
Sarah chapter 1 . 5/7/2009

I asked myself the same question, as I am sure a lot of fans did during Lazarus rising when it is made clear that Sam has been lying to Dean about just about everything, and to his face. How long did it take Sam to decide that Dean's dying wish was an easy promise to be broken? Good question. This piece is full of them. The fact that Sam hesitated to give up his powers to keep Dean being dragged back into the pit spoke pretty loudly for how differently the boys value each other. Frankly, I think Dean is getting the short end of the stick everytime and he deserves better.
vana naine chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Well, this one is weird.

I can understand that the author is deangirl through and through, so how can Dean here be so OOC? Pathetic, loser, weak and plain STUPID?

Funny, what Sam-under-spell told Dean is (and what he totally IS NOT), you have made him.

Real Dean would NOT go back to hell like sheep, when Sam is hanging out with the demon and there is bloody End of the Days coming! Real Dean would NEVER leave the battlefield before the fight has even started!

He's way too stubborn and strong for this.
vana naine chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Well, this one is weird.

He's way too stubborn and strong for this.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
This was a really interesting tag... I find it a sad commentary on Sam that in every story like this that I've read, he hesitates when asked to save Dean - I agree, that's where he's at though. I love how you put this: "“Before you died you told me to remember what Dad taught me, what you taught me. Well, I only remember what Dad taught me—revenge comes before anything. I forgot what you taught me—family comes before anything. I’m remembering now. I’m sorry it took me so long."

Perfect to emphasize Dean's love of family...
SamDeanLove chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
AH! More..more..please hurry up! )
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
OMG! this was awesome hun!

i loved the wayyou wrote this- how the brothers had changed

aw

awesome work hun!

Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
anonymous chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
"“How long did you last, Samuel, before you disavowed his sacrifice and disregarded his last request? A month, two?"

O, burn. But so true. I wish this was Sam, but it's not. He's so determined to go down this path, so infected with the power now, and so damn sure he's so fucking smart that he knows better than Dean, Bobby, Angels and God himself that he's going to be tricked and used and deserve every bit of it. But Dean won't. And I don't want to see him suffer any more for a brother that frankly has never been worth it and still isn't. I hope Dean loses some of his love for Sam. Because I'm afraid even if Sam had to choose, even if he did get a smack like this... like you very accurately showed he would hesitate. And one way or another that would be the death of Dean. Maybe that's what hell and this whole season has been about, Dean learning there are things worth more and more important than a brother that is more illusion and memories than reality.
lilballerette10 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
OMG THIS IS BY FAR MY FAV TAG TO THIS EPISODE! I LOVED IT! DEAN MADE A DEAL AGAIN TO KEEP SAM ALIVE EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING SAM SAID TO HIM :(:( and sam hesistated...he hesitated...but o man this was amazing!1
kwangmablade chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
This is good in so far that your writing is quite good but what's your problem with Ruby? Serious question no flames I am honestly curious. My other big question is Sam's ability seems to be that he can cast foreign presences out of people and according to Ruby he's stronger than Alistair who pretty much pimp slapped Castiel around until Anna went boom. What Im getting at is what's to stop Sam from mind ganking Castiel instead of just cow towing to him?
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Wow. You had spot-on characterization in this. Castiel's line about what kind of brother Sam was is chilling and terribly sad at the same time. Sam has never had that blind sense of protectiveness about Dean- he always has to think about it. I really really wish Sam would stop using his powers, but it doesn't look like that's the direction the show is going...So I like your ending better : P
bgeesfan chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Wow. I usually don't read stories that include more characters than Sam and Dean but this one blew me away. The plot was terrific and I can totally see Dean making yet another deal for Sam. Great, great story. Thank you for posting it!
staceycj chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
I loved this. It fit right in with the episode. Bravo
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Thank you for this tag. I only wish this had happened but untfortunately I have the feeling Sam is still justifying his actions to himself and continuing on his path. The difference between Sam's siren induced rant and Dean's confession are so wide and telling. Dean just wanted his brother again and Sam wanted to prove how he is better than Dean in every way and I've stated before that I don't believe this to be an isolated or recent phenomena since Sam said similar things when under the influence of Ellicott in Asylum in the first season. He has called Dean pathetic and weak before. I felt it ironic that he disparaged Dean for whining about hell but Sam pretty much spent all of season 1 and 2 bemoaning his fate and "dark destiny" without the excuse of having been subjected to hell and in the past Sam has always pushed Dean to "share and care" and now that Dean has he calls him on it. Dean never wanted this life but he does what he can. Sam told Ruby he would go with her plan because he didn't want to be doing this when he was 60, it's interesting that he didn't word it that he didn't want THEM to be doing this when he and Dean were 60. I love Sam but he has always seemed selfish to me. Maybe I am identifying too much with Dean as the older sibling with a thoughtless younger sibling that you have protected all your life only to have them turn on you. Sorry about the rant but the episode really affected me and your fic did much to repair the damage. Thanks!