Reviews for Where Are You Going, Jessie Brown?
evitamockingbird chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This is lovely. I find myself wishing very hard that she will say yes, even though I know it doesn't turn out that way. I'm consoled knowing that Cranford finally allows them much later to be together.

Wonderful writing, as always.
swans-a-melting chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
This was so lovely and romantic. Great fic!
Solo Lady chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
This is such a lovely, touching story. You've taken the characters and added a new dimension to them. Looking forward to reading your other stories about the citizens of Cranford.
Siggy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
My apologies - am only now just getting around to reading your other Cranford stories but I must say that thisd was an unexpected treat.

A perfect picture in minature of an odly compelling relationship between Jessie and Major Brown. This is a perfect companion to your ongoing full length Cranford story. Am now looking forward to reading your other stories and will review shortly.
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
How beautifully you manage to convey so much in so few words. Writing "miniatures" like this is a very different feat from writing a long-running saga, and in some ways I think it's harder. So atmospheric, especally in the description of Jessie lookng for faces she knows and the visit to her mother's grave. This story helps us to understand her motives for refusing Major Gordon prior to the series and helps to fill in their back-story. Lovely.