Reviews for Problems With Dean: Growing Up
Mirriam Q Webster chapter 5 . 2/13/2009
An excellent tale, as usual. I really like the way you have made Sammy uber-protective of Dean, and also very assertive. I could totally see him acting that way. And I think you've done and good job with Kate and Mike, too. They seem very much like devoted but young parents who are just in a little bit over their heads. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to take in two children who are already partly-grown and traumatized to boot when you haven't had any children before. Wow! This makes me wonder, though, do Mike and Kate have no experience with children? What about parents? I know if I had a question about child-rearing I'd go to my Mum, and I know that my parents have asked their parents when my siblings and I were being difficult. Do Mike and Kate have no one to tell them that it's okay and smack them upside the head when they need it? Anyway, delightful story and I'm very much addicted already! Thanks for sharing!

MQW
ann s chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
Gotta say, still hating Mike and Kate, her especially. They're being mighty rude to the boys. I especially think its wrong for them to insist that Dean call either of them Mom and Dad. I think for adopted children, it should be up to when the Child feels comfortable enough to do it, not when the adopters feel like it. The guy's name is Mike, it's not like he's calling him by another name. He's lucky Dan decided to call him Pop. They might care abotu the boys, but they're not showing that they deserve them.

Rant over. I think your Sammy is so cute! I love him sticking up for Dean. I can totally see him not relenting until he get shis way, even at two. Dean's the best caregiver ever! *hugs him* This AU makes me sad. Still curious about it though.
pandora jazz chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
Love how protective Dean and Sammy are of each other.

It was sweet that Sam asked Mike and Kate for another football for Dean, but rough that Kate thought Sam was covering for Dean.

Just when I think Mike and Kate are trying, which I know they are, they hurt Dean with their words and also why at times does it seem Kate really doesn't like Dean, but maybe that is just Dean's perception of Kate.

Sad that Dean felt so bad, he chose for a moment to not answer Sammy's plea to come out of hiding.

I assume Kate let Baby Mikey cry so Dean would come and find out what was wrong.

Little Sammy is a character, glad he is a voice for Dean.

Dean did a wonderful job of comforting Sam who was upset that his big brother had hid from him and also calming the baby.

What a picture as Sammy came stomping into the living room.

'The two year old barreled into the room, face red and glaring at them venomously. He held the transmitter in one hand. Sammy threw it on the floor where it burst open, pieces of plastic scattering across the floor.'

I like how Dean figured out Mike and Kate could hear him through the baby monitors.

Mike and Kate are trying to be very patient with Dean and definitely are with Sammy when he makes his demands or true feelings known.

Thanks for the update and for sharing your story with us.
Cindy chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
Oh man, little Sammy is a force to be reckon with! I love him and the fierce protectiveness he has for his big brother. Excellent story as usual! I have absolutely loved everything you have written!
bhoney chapter 2 . 2/11/2009
Hmm...still have mixed feelings about Mike and Kate, but they're growing on me.

It cracked me up that Sammy's trying to get Dean fattened up. LOL And I like that he insists on them cutting up Dean's meat too, and on Kate kissing Dean goodnight. It is really sad how differently they treat the boys. You can see why Dean would notice it and not feel like they loved him. Liked that Sammy has Dean reading him the bedtime stories, though I can see why Kate would be upset about that. It's really sweet and endearing the way Sammy is scared of the dark and looks to his brother for protection. Nice bit of role reversal from the way things are during the day.

Dean drawing the picture was so sweet, and loved Sammy's response to it, that he got why it was special. Really sad that Dean drew himself over by the edge. And the second picture, of the fire-just heartbreaking. Poor Dean! So glad Sammy found him in the closet and Kate came to get him out.

And Mike, determined to get Dean to call him Dad, not realizing that it's actually a compliment that he doesn't. Just shows how little they understand him.

I am a little worried about how things are going to go once the new baby arrives. Still loving protective!Sammy. How many chapters is this one going to be?
staceycj chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
I really like how protective Sam is of his big brother. Much nicer than how he currently is behaving towards his big brother LOL Good story.
Ciya chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
She heard heavy stomps down the stairs. It had to be Sammy, Dean was always so quiet. The two year old barreled into the room, face red and glaring at them venomously. He held the transmitter in one hand. Sammy threw it on the floor where it burst open, pieces of plastic scattering across the floor.

“Not funny!” Sammy shouted angrily before turning around to stomp back upstairs.

LMAO! That scene was hilarious and I can see Sam doing it too.
alwaysateen chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
Lol, I just can imagine a furious two year old smashing the baby monitor and yelling at his parents, lol! Such a strong character. :)

Finally, Mike and Kate heard a little bit more from Dean. They better enjoy it because I think it's gonna take a while before he does that again.

I can't believe it everytime I read it, how low Dean thinks of himself, so sad...
EmptyGo-Gone chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
Wah, it's so adorable it's almost too much to take. I love it. Keep up the positively lovingly wonderful job.
Zerestor chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
Brill again!

Poor Mike & Kate!

Poor little Dean...and even more heartbreaking, because we know how long things took to go right!

zx
Amy chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
Dean's still trying to speak through Sam, poor guy. It was pretty smart of him to think of having Sam ask for the football. Too bad they actually accused him of putting Sam up to lying for him though. That was uncalled for. It's no wonder he's had such a hard time relating to her. She's not a very good parent. She loves them. Definitely. But she has zero idea how to relate to or handle kids. Thank goodness at least Mike appears to know what he's doing. It's so sad to hear Dean think of that room, the room he'd been locked in, as the creepy room. Those memories are going to be with him for a while.

Poor baby Mikey. Lol. Sam making him cry to get Dean to come out. I bet Sam was pretty scared. Dean is a huge part of him. It was so smart of Mike to give each boy his own toy. 'Baby Mikey' as well. Plus he got Dean to show him the Mikey trick. And plug in the monitor while they weren't looking. Lol. But the boy is too smart for that. ;) Good idea, didn't last.
Sofia2007 chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
Thats so nice and Sammy is a really confident toddler. But how he used poor Baby Mike to get Dean out his hideout that was great described.

And this part is so sad and although so good: Dean would just have to make sure they didn't make Mom or Pop mad, that's all. He could do that. He could.

I hope that Jim finally realized that Pop means in Deans World more than Dad , Pops don't go away Pops are staying.I really hope you update the next chapters so quick than the last ones that was

more then
parisindy chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
i am really enjoying this and i am looking forward to more
happycabbage75 chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
“Not funny!” Sammy shouted

Ha! Gotta love the protective little squirt.
silver ruffian chapter 4 . 2/11/2009
This was beautiful! Just beautiful! The thing that broke my heart though was Dean's suspicions of Mike and Kate. Poor kid! You do that so well!
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »