Reviews for Problems With Dean: Growing Up
bhoney chapter 16 . 8/15/2009
I kinda wish you'd spent more time with them at the previous ages before jumping ahead a year. I know...if you spent all the time I wanted at each age, this story would be a million chapters long, LOL.

I really loved this chapter. I love how everyone, in their own way, tried to cheer Dean up after therapy. I especially love the younger boys snuggling with him in bed. If only he could see how much he means to all of them. It's so sad that he doesn't even feel like he deserves comfort, so shakes off their hands at first. I'm glad he started to come around a little near the end. I really wish Kate and Mike could see that therapy is NOT good for him and stop making him go.
Saffygirl chapter 18 . 8/7/2009
Awesome story!
Lerra chapter 18 . 6/19/2009
Very nice story with a wonderful ending!
The Bloody Knife chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
OH! Sammy took it to them, haha! I couldn't help but laugh when he was telling Paul off. Loving the story!
maipigen chapter 18 . 5/4/2009
I really love this story. Normally I don't reaally like the stories where J Winchester is a huge idiot, but the way you built up the peaves and their family was wonderfully done.

Congrats for writing a story I'll definitely reread at a later time!

Thnks for sharing you talent

Happy future writing

ditte mai

bhoney chapter 15 . 4/17/2009
LOVED the boys calming Dean down after his nightmare. And I do enjoy a possessive Sam: "“What?” Sam hissed. This was his job, not Mikey's! “What do you think you're doing?”"

"“Deal,” Sam replied happily. Yes! The basketball was his! Mikey would be so stinkin' jealous." Aw, Sam. Dude, way to take advantage of your brother.

"This was really good. Sam wondered what it would take to get Dean this riled up with other asshole adults." Ah, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy...always stirring the pot. LOL

"Dean stood there with a hand on the younger boy's shoulder. Mike watched as Sam seemed to take silent direction from his older brother." Loved their silent communication.

"Mike followed the boys to the table, wondering about Dean. Not for the first time, Mike saw his oldest communicate without words. Was that so bad? Why was Kate so hung up on Dean speaking more? He was basically a good kid...Dean didn't make eye contact, but he nodded as he accepted the soda, the usual way Dean had of saying thanks. Kate always made him voice it, but Mike didn't see the point. It was okay for guys not to want to talk a lot. If he had to be honest, sometimes Mike preferred spending time alone with Dean over the other boys. His ears never felt tired when they were done." Have I mentioned my growing affection for Mike? *g*

Loved Dean and Mike working on the car together. Nice to see them bonding. And I was happy Mike promised that the next therapist wouldn't make Dean draw.

Loved this moment, and the image of the boys together. Glad Mike was there to see it: "Dean grinned, poking him again. Sam rolled his eyes, but he leaned back against his big brother. Dean slung an arm around Sam's shoulders, both of them focusing on the show. Once they were settled, Mikey scooted closer. Dean's other arm lifted and Mikey rushed to sit within the embrace." Aw...
bhoney chapter 14 . 4/17/2009
Woo hoo, I'm FINALLY making it back to this story.

I really loved this chapter, but I hated that you skipped four years...I was SOO enjoying seeing the boys interact at those ages, I really wanted more. I'm still hoping you'll go back and give us some "missing scenes" from those years.

Aw, Dean, you break my heart: "Dean's whole freaking face lit up. “Yeah? Awesome.” Then the smile dropped away. “Mom might not like that idea.”

“Who cares?” Sam demanded, already feeling irritated over the fact this version of his brother would disappear behind a wall of depression in a few days.

Dean glared at him. “Dude, I can't do it unless Mom says it's all right. You know that. I don't want to be in trouble.”

“Dean!” Sam snapped. “You'll be nineteen! Or twenty! Who cares? You won't even be living at home by then!”

Dean stopped walking, his eyes wide and frozen on Sam. “What?” he whispered.

Sam noticed his brother was breathing kind of funny too. “Whoa, Dean. Take it easy. Breathe.” He rubbed his big brother's back. “It's all right. Mom and Pop aren't going to kick you out. When you're twenty, you're going to want to move. Maybe.” Large soothing circles, the way Sam calmed his brother down after a nightmare, were what he used. “Tell you what. After we pick up Mikey you and I will talk to Mom at home. You'll see. Mom and Pop don't have any plans for you to move out, I swear.”" *wants to hug Dean* It says so much that he doesn't want to do anything their parents wouldn't approve of, even after being a grown-up. And that he's so panicked at the idea that they'll want him to move out. Poor Dean...he's so broken.

"Sam watched the way Dean's shoulders drooped as he headed upstairs." And I'm back to wanting to kick Kate. Why can't she yell at Mikey for getting his shirt ripped? It's not Dean's fault.

I like a little jealous Sam: "Sam didn't really like the idea of Mikey coming along, though. He was still a little kid, despite his size, and would probably distract Dean." *eyeroll* Yeah, that's why he doesn't want him along.

“Knock it off, Kate,” Pop said. He took a long drink from his glass. “It was his first time. He did better than I did my first time behind the wheel.” I gotta say...I like Mike more all the time. :)

This made me giggle, but it was a really good insight into Dean: "How could a guy with such low self-esteem have such high standards? Or...was that the problem? Holy crap! Had Sam just figured out what all those expensive doctors couldn't? Hot damn! was he going to clue in the adults? Oh, crap. Great. If it wasn't one thing, it was another."
Jellicle chapter 18 . 4/7/2009
I didn't know this was the last chapter! I've been waiting forever for the next part! Silly me.

I love this verse very much!
bhoney chapter 13 . 3/13/2009
This made me giggle: "His face had burned hot when she said something about it in front of the class and the ground had regrettably not swallowed him whole." LOL Poor Dean!

I gotta say, I love that John. He's good people. :) I loved him going to sit by Dean at lunch, and talking when Dean didn't feel like it, and just accepting Dean, and especially offering to pick up Sam.

This was such an atypical reaction from a kid to being bullied that I had to laugh: "Then he felt a sharp pain in his right shoulder, hard enough to send him face first into the dirt. Oh, thank God, Jimmy started it first. Now he wouldn't be in trouble. Grinning over the fact things were finally going his way, Dean rolled over." LOL GO Dean!

Oh, this made me so sad: "'You don't even deserve to be called a lousy Peavy, you know.' Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Dean couldn't wait to lay this guy out. He didn't need to hear what he already knew." *heart breaks for Dean* And I have to wonder-is Mikey going to figure out Dean's adopted? Cuz Jimmy's all but spelling it out for the kid. It'd be much better coming from his family than Jimmy.

LOVED the boys hugging Dean after the fight, to calm him down, and John following them home. I think it's interesting-Dean is really physically affectionate with his little brothers (or allows them to be with him, at any rate), yet Mike and Kate insist on believing he doesn't like physical affection. They aren't always super observant.

I really liked this exchange: Sam walked up and his head tilted to one side. “He looks weird.”

John stood beside Sam. “Yeah. Kind of.”

“Hey!” Sam snapped, turning to face John. “Don't talk about my brother like that!”

“Sam!” Mom admonished before Dean could open his mouth. “You said it first.”

“I can. He's my brother,” Sam insisted with a glare at Mom. Dean kicked his brother in the shin when Mom wasn't looking. Sam glared at him and Dean glared back, jerking his head at Mom.

Sam sighed loudly. “Sorry, Mom.”

Dean nodded at John next.

Sam scowled. “Sorry,” he mumbled in John's general direction.

Both Sam's protectiveness of his brother, and the influence Dean has over the younger boys, even without speaking, always makes me happy.

And this was kinda telling, and sad: “You don't think he just likes playing with you?” He had no idea what little brothers were like. Dean snorted loud. “Nah!”

Dean never seems to realize how much those around him love him. Mikey would probably play in traffic if Dean was doing it.

I liked John's mom a lot. It made me smile that she was glad John was hanging out with Dean so the Gundersons would leave him alone. LOL And that she was okay with Dean's past and saw that he's a good kid.
bhoney chapter 12 . 3/13/2009
Yeah...I think Mike and Kate need to stop listening so much to the therapists. After what happened when they did try to move Dean out of the room before, and what that CPS guy told them about not separating the boys, it's crazy that they went down that road again. Whatever happened to Dr. Krieg from chapter 5? I liked him.

Them getting Sammy with the pink hair dye was cute. LOL And I liked Dean's teacher's reaction to Sammy's protectiveness. I was afraid he was going to get Dean in trouble.

Dean post-therapy just broke my heart, not talking to anyone, not even his brothers, or letting anyone touch him. *tear* So glad that Sammy and Mikey knew how to help, and I loved the image of them holding onto his hands and refusing to let go. I had been wondering why Sam didn't just tell Kate and Mike to stop making Dean go, since it upsets him so much, and Sammy has no problem speaking out any other time. But you kinda explained it by Sam not wanting to make Kate mad cuz she's scary mad. I can definitely see that.

I liked that she cares enough to want to get Dean help, and take him to a different therapist if needed, but I just wish she could see that they aren't helping at all, just making things worse, and just let Dean be. She has good intentions, but she does as much harm as good. Poor Dean!
pandora jazz chapter 18 . 3/7/2009
Sorry, for the late thanks. I wanted to read these last two chapters, but had to find the time.

Now I'm trying to type while one of my cats helps. (Is laying on my arm or standing in front of the computer considered helping?)

Dean's friend John seems like a nice guy and obviously Sam approved of him.

It was cute how excited Dean became over wanting to buy a car, as he explained to his brothers all they could do and later willing to fill out job applications.

I like how Pop offered Dean a job, but we know that he had secretly been hoping Dean would come work in the garage, so that made it even better. Than telling Dean he wouldn't have to see a therapist for awhile was perfect.

Love that Sam threw the list out now that Dean didn't have therapy to attend.

It was actually kinda nice to see Dean get upset at Mikey for not appreciating all he does to protect his little brothers.

Getting to work with Pop sure gave Dean more confidence to talk.

I'm glad that Sam got Mikey to apologize for getting mad. Sam sure does take good care of his big brother.

It was something when Dean ignored Kate for awhile at dinner, I'm glad that Mike finally admitted that Dean was right about Jake's family.

Loved the ending!

Dean worrying about who was at the door and thinking he needed to protect Pop for a change. Than Dean hit John, perfect. Dean sure didn't have any trouble telling his Dad to leave, but it was sad that for a moment he thought his Dad might apologize for leaving all those years ago.

But all the memories Dean had of Mike teaching him different things and being there for him, loved it.

It was nice that Dean could finally tell Mike why he called him Pop and not Dad.

Sam's reaction and fear that Dean would be forced to leave, so different from the young child that had no fear in telling adults exacting what he wanted for his older brother. Sam was just a scared little brother, afraid of losing Dean.

Kate reassurance that Dean could go to a local college was nice. She was a hard character to like, though I did try.

Wonderful ending to your story, Dean finally 'felt like he really belonged here, and not just because he was Sam's brother. He felt like he had a place here which was just for him.'

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it.

Until next time, take care.
parisindy chapter 18 . 3/5/2009
dude i so love this story

even though i have read these bits already

i hope you write more small dean bits in the future to
x0lovelyyyx0 chapter 18 . 3/5/2009
eep yay! ) Dean is finally starting to feel like he belongs! loved the last two chapters, as always hun :] YAY for Mike being such an awesome 'Pop'
silver ruffian chapter 18 . 3/5/2009
Dean has hopes for a normal life, high expectations, and up pops Big John Winchester. I usually love John boy, but you nailed Dean's fury just right. Thirteen years later and NOW the SOB shows up? C'mere, John. let me slap you, you big dummy!

Yeah, just rip my heart out, throw it on the floor and tap dance on it, why don't cha?
Elliesmeow chapter 18 . 3/5/2009
You're right, that was awesome. Now I'm gonna go back and read the original version.

Can't wait for your next fic!

268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »