Reviews for The Tower of Beyond
Kyndsie chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I have to say, I don't know if I like this story or not, but it's very compelling. The part that makes me think that I LOVE this story is the final two lines. They nearly overcome Jareth's despair in most of the rest of it.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Oh, I love this. How sad and beautiful. The descriptions were vivid and lovely. I particularly liked the bit when he was climbing the stairs, where he was king, almost as if elsewhere in the Labyrinth he was only a prisoner and he was only truly a king in that small space where he was free, if only for a moment. Very well-written. Enjoyed it. :) Thanks for writing & sharing!
fayriel chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Thank You! I love it!
Icelands chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
M, marvelous. Nice job. I love the ending. And the concept of the Labyrinth as trapping Jareth- because I've always seen it that way too.
Shahrezad1 chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Wow. That last parting shot really made me wish this had no end. But still, it was a very good parting shot. _ Wonderfully done in regards in Jareth's characterization, and an interesting perspective on his relationship with the Labyrinth. Still, with an ending like that I can't help but wonder what would happen, should the both of them continue to be connected via dreams...
Daughter of Olorin chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
My apologies for taking so long to review-comprehensive exams and all. _ This fic was beautiful! I loved every bit of it and your writing is so haunting here. Your descriptions put so much feeling into the characters and plot, such as with the throne room as an open-air oubliette and the hedge as a constant reminder of his cage. I assume you created the term "Tower of Beyond," yes? Beautiful title. Is the tower supposed to be where the final scene in the Underground took place in the movie? I love its nature: "The place where the master of dreams, who did not sleep, could dream." Alot of your details made me think about the labyrinth and consider things I haven't before, such as the fact that it IS a sunless light that illuminates the place and that it is a "sentient puzzle" as you call it (I thought of it as being manipulated by Jareth but I like this idea better). Loved this line: "Only through glass and dreams could he escape his confinement and then only at the whim and utterances of a girl grown who had consigned him to childish fantasies." But my question is: is it Sarah for herself for whom he wishes or a release from his prison that only she can give? And, OMG, the end was priceless. Yes, perfect ending, leaving your reader wanting more and feeling excited. Great one shot!
BlindHuntress chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
OMG! This cannot be the end! There must be more of this awesome literary goodness! PLEASE! I BEG THEE! *weeps*

I just want to know if you forsee a happy ending beyond this beautiful piece. And if you do, then I want you to write it. Now...err..I mean...at your convenience, but in a reasonable amount of time. Hehe

This was beautiful, I loved it. I didn't know that you wrote Labyrinth fics, it's been awhile since I visited your page, but WOW, please write more!
aradiaeva chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
really great fic...loved it
LilithBlack333 chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
notwritten chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I enjoyed this interesting story. Keep smiling. :-)
tammy chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
i really like it. alot. i have always felt that, if you were jareth, you would require a fortress of solitude.

i also really like the resolution. i hate it when writers just have a sulky, unanswered jareth at the end...so trite & melodramatic. as if sarah could just forget him, anyway. who's jareth competing with from the aboveground? brian from accounting? right.

anyhow, very nice!
hazlgrnLizzy chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Seldom do I come across a story as captivating as this!

Well Done this is perfect just on it's own, and would even make a fantastic start to a longer story!

HzlGrnLizzy