Reviews for The World At Arm's Length
ilena potter chapter 2 . 9/21/2013
My name is Ilena Potter and this scares me..
Nebulous Narwhal chapter 11 . 2/27/2013
This is very well written, but I wish there had been a warning somewhere about how much the plot focused on politics.

I'm committed to reading the rest of it now, which is saying a lot as I absolutely loathe politics, so I'll just have to deal with it. It's odd because I'm enjoying reading the story but keep finding myself randomly annoyed just by the subject matter.

Your character interactions are excellent, however. That's probably what keeps me reading, actually. I'd prefer more glimpses into Harry's head (in the present) but I'm enjoying the flashbacks.
Random Reader chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
So, the summary says that Harry loses everyone close to him, but he still has friends? I don't understand. Are they not people you consider closest to him? I thought Ron and Hermione and even Luna are pretty close to him. I guess he loses family.

That first scene was also painfully sappy.
Tom Kristal chapter 15 . 10/11/2012
Love Triangle? Never saw that comming.
Tom Kristal chapter 13 . 10/1/2012
I wonder why the sudden change in Luna? I know she was doing her job, but that's rough.
And where's Rolf?!
Tom Kristal chapter 12 . 9/30/2012
Very emotional chapter. I'm glad to see Harry morning. I sorta wish the story was more about was more about him morning and eventually recovering from his loss. Perhaps as his political schemes start to fall apart he finally manages to acknowledge and get over the sorrow. After all, things often have to get worse to get better. From what I read, Harry has mostly suppressed his emotion over the years.
Anyway, good story. It deserves more reviews.
Rosiline chapter 7 . 1/7/2010
great updates!

can't wait to see how the campaign is going to go!
IGAL chapter 2 . 12/30/2009
Great story! I look forward to the next chapters, poor harry
Rosiline chapter 5 . 12/28/2009
great update!
Rosiline chapter 4 . 12/27/2009
delightful updates!

can't wait to read more!
Rosiline chapter 2 . 12/20/2009
great update! can't wait for more!
nxkris chapter 2 . 12/20/2009
first chapter was great, though the second wasn't as good. you had great build up with the family, and instantly killed them all. then you time jumped by four years and that removed most of the response to the deaths. are you going to have battles possible harry going dark in this story?
Rosiline chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
really brilliant chapter so far, can't wait to see where you go with this.
DCoD chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Great start so far. I'm really intrigued by this, wanting to see where it goes - and I'm incredibly curious about the interactions between Hermione and Ron, though that might be a lesser plot point obviously.

I can't wait to see where this goes. Update soon! :D