Reviews for The Strength of a Horse
Luke Dragneel chapter 2 . 6/20
I would like to point out that at no time did the Hi Ryu Shoten Ha require ki to fuel it, it was a purely elemental manipulation technique that was fueled by the user's cold/defensive intent(cold or in this instance the Soul of Ice) spiralling around the killing intent(hot/aggressive) that creates the vortex. The only reason the spiral wound be smaller than usual would be the lack of heat.
I also found your female Ranma lacking the speed which defined that form compared to male Ranma who was physically stronger and slightly slower than his curse form.
The fact that you said in the opening chapter that he had pushed his training to the point he was even better than he was before makes the fight scenes seem rather anticlimactic despite the fight scenes are great by themselves.

And if you say that Chakra is better, Naruto verse Canon States Yang and Yin Chakra(Ki and Chi for the Ranma and DBZ verses) are stated to be even more powerful in certain aspects though more limited in what they form compared to chakra.
Kyprioth chapter 7 . 3/22
First let me congratulate you on a great fanfiction. I could wax poetic on all the things I like , but it is already way past the time I should have gone to bed for class.
Now that said, I have never read Ranma 1/2 ,and might never do so. Scaning through your comments I saw some complaints of Ranma being underpowered. I personally have no problems suspending disbelief for ONE plot aspect to set up the story so long as one doesn't go and toss plot out the window. How you dealt with meshing the world and character views, with the slightest undercurent of romance , made for a riveting read. However now you have reached the point where you have to do more world building than you have before because Ranma has become part of Konoha with his promotion. Kishimoto left plot craters, expecially when it came to world building. Already you have started to create a slightly grittier version of Naruto with more mundane details to missions and social interaction. Now at the moment I have no clue how one would go about creating a police force, but I imagine it would have some sort of training/boot camp and a bunch of checks and balances. I also imagine that it would have to grow slowly with Ranma first finding a few trusted individuals to help thrash out details and training the first crop of recruits. The inevitable problems that crop up would have to be dealt with. I also suggest psych profiles for honesty (and such) in recruiting.
...Now while I hate to mention it, you could also do the bare minimum in discription for Ranma's job and the far reaching consiquences. Doing just enough to further the romantic plot.
Bringing me to Ranma and Anko (squeeeee!). I love the slow burn that developed a strong foundation for their relationship and how Anko kept them out of the public eye, but soon that will have to change. Anko's friends will want to sniff around their relationship at least a little bit . Not much, but the entertainment value in "meeting the friends" is too much for me to not beg you for it. I am curious to see how you will characterize Anko's relationship with Kurenai, seeing as how I'm pretty sure that they are friends in the manga and Kurenai has romantic interest in Asuma.
Now Naruto. I like your decision to keep him mostly out of the story. However he is a persistent little bugger and if he does go to someone for romantic advice, it would probably be Iruka ,who has no obvious relationship, or Ranma, who is a fellow jinjuruki whose relationship with Anko will probably become public knowledge pretty quickly...This situation has the potential for comedy. ...and feels. Unfortunately it probably has to wait until after the training trip arc...and so I beg you to have some short meetings with team 7 just to sate my curiosity. (Team 7's luck has them meet all sorts of powerful people.)

May the muses favor you,
- Kip
P.S. I really hope this fic isn't dead.
NightmareKnight1 chapter 7 . 1/28
You lie! You say you're still updating this but it's been almost three years.
Lucas chapter 7 . 1/9
I just reread this and liked it just as much as when I first read it years ago. If you have any partially finished material around it├Ęd be great if you posted it. Hope your writing is going well.
Williams Damas chapter 7 . 9/29/2015
I like
muy bueno
Guest chapter 2 . 9/17/2015
Your story has potential but none of your characters act like they are supposed to your ranma is to submissive and compliant and your hokage is to cruel and manipulative and cold and calculating he'd never threaten to kill or allow anyone else to kill someone innocent or force them to pay medical bills of those they have harmed when defending themselves from attack especially when the person used nonlethal force to defeat them and he'd never poison someone and force them to work for him unless they were an unrepentant criminal the sandaime would at best and worse offer them a job and if refused have them escorted outside of konoha and possibly the land of fire
Nerfhearder69 chapter 7 . 9/14/2015
Really loved where the story was going. Please, pick it up again.
Wrin chapter 7 . 8/24/2015
It was good to see more of this, and I hope you continue at some point. As for art, what are you looking for? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head that would work well in that small an area.
1Billy-234 chapter 7 . 8/21/2015
this is a really good story is it complete or are you going to add more to it?
Veedramon chapter 1 . 7/20/2015
This has potential.
Fanfic-Reader123 chapter 7 . 5/28/2015
This is Awesome! Please update! :)
Zanzar chapter 7 . 5/23/2015
What happens next and when is the next chapter?
A Reader chapter 4 . 5/19/2015
You know when I wrote that last review I had a thought after ward and I wanted to say it. You know that many st people can't decide wether or not ki is spiritual or physical energy in these types of story's and I had a thought what if is is both not one or the other but both and still not chakra if done right he could do any ninjutsu he encounters if he wants he just has to be figure out how to do it.

Now what I wanted to say is that most people believe that Ranma is a dumb jock but you do not become a martial artist of ranma's caliber being dumb to modify techniques the way he does requires knowledge of the technique and the theory behind them and a good grounding in science doesn't hurt either. So Ranma failing in school is very unlikely.
A reader chapter 3 . 5/19/2015
I wish to apologize first if this sounds like a rant or a flame it is not meant to be one. Yeah u say you are just trying to write a good story with out copying what others have done. If that is true then can I ask you why you are doing what you are with ranma's skills that you are doing which is what everyone else does? And that is ki is half of chakra and that chakra is better then ki. Why can't it either be its own energy of just chakra used differently? The other thing is why a blast of energy like a ki blast hits with nothing more then a light punch? I ant you to think it through why it might be like that and what a true ki blast might be and then add that to the story. It would be better than just copying what others have done in other ranma and naruto crosses.
Nate chapter 3 . 1/25/2015