Reviews for Ex Machina
Iryelb chapter 8 . 10/30/2014
This story was very interesting, I thought it was going to be useless posturing or some type of crackfic or something considering the main character is basically a god but you did a really good job of making it interesting to read. I'll definitely read the second one.
Harold chapter 7 . 10/26/2014
Great read. Is there a reason you did not flesh out more of why Arthur was the one pretending to be Harry and what Molly's reaction would have been to his asking out the Hogwarts girls?
ak chapter 8 . 7/23/2012
bonne fic!
Selofain chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
This is especially fascinating as I have had a similar idea floating in the back of my head for years: for a living deus ex machina to travel to different universes and lend a hand here and there. I guess it just goes to show that there truly aren't original ideas, just old ones done in a new manner.

The story as a whole was quite fascinating, and it's always nice to read stories written by fellow science geeks. I'll keep reading this series, if only because I want to see him go against AK (how I LOLed when I saw you did this) and I hate reading out of order.
ClaMiAl chapter 8 . 1/27/2012
Intersting story. Certainly a new take on Harry Potter, his life, death, and the universe(s) he inhabits. I found your depiction of the Beyond very interesting, different from what I've read before. But different is original, and original is good. :-)

Just two notes: First, the German translation of 'gay boy' in the context that it was used in would be 'schwuler Junger', with an '-er' added to the schwul. Second - and I might be confusing things here - but upon meeting Grindlewald or in a later scene, it says that there are only wizards and witches in this Beyond-Reality, and James wonders where muggles and other magical creatures or even Hagdrid would go after death. A little later, when James expands his essence, he realizes that there actually are some non-magical entities around. The thing is, though, that the first time he expanded I'm pretty sure he sensed some non-magical beings, too. So he should have known that they are there. Oh, and one other thing just came to mind: There was a chapter, one towards the end, I think the one after James, Dumbledore and Co came back from their meeting with Grindlewald. At the beginning of the chapter there was...well, it was almost like a summary or recap of what James had done and experienced and learning in the Beyond so far. That was a bit weird, didn't quite fit the flow of the story, since I'd just read about all that just now.

Alright, I'll go check out the sequel now. Good story!
dead feather chapter 3 . 5/5/2011
Hum, I don't know. Didn't James care for his children at all? And it was James who Ginny had truly grown to love, Harry's different. You can't just spend twenty years living something and then give it up just like that, without attachments. I hope Ginny stumbles and falls off a very high rock. That girl is always meddling and annoying.
willyolioleo chapter 8 . 3/22/2011
Good story overall. Interesting concept, better than most dimension-hopping stories I've read. I also enjoy a god-mode Harry that doesn't wreck the story with his godlike powers.
Twylyte chapter 8 . 9/3/2010
This is an interesting take on existance. Also an interesting dimensional traveler. Your afterlife was... interesting. Good fic.

-Twy
TxA-GunFighter chapter 4 . 5/24/2010

TxA-GunFighter chapter 3 . 5/24/2010

TxA-GunFighter chapter 2 . 5/24/2010

TxA-GunFighter chapter 1 . 5/24/2010

ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 7 . 5/16/2010
Great story and thanks for sharing!
subzeus chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Awesome, awesome short story. As a science geek, I find your style of writing to be refreshing. Never once did I think someone would somehow mention the technological singularity in a harry potter story lol. I notice there is a Ex Machina sequel of sorts, which I will read next. Don't know if its a continuation of this story, but I hope so.
ndesi62 chapter 7 . 3/30/2010
Another incredible story! I liked your sympathetic characterizations of Riddle and Bellatrix, and the ending moral of valuing preservation of life over death. Your handling of the metaphysical aspects of the story, though, wasn't as solid as it usually is; understandable, of course, since the afterworld is much more complex than magic, and thus this would have been harder to do than, say, the Star Brand. At any rate, great job, and I look forward to your next story. I'm especially hoping to see you go more in depth into this 'Power' concept; I feel you would handle it really well.