Reviews for The Day Tara and Wendy Threw Mary Sue Out
blob monkey chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
grapplers lady is the type of woman who would fall in love with ted bundy
BloodDeathandGlory chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
If only this story was given to all of the people who write in this forum then we might see a drop in the Mary Sues here. Well done and I think a sequel is in order.
fatewalker chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
You know, I realized the other day that SoA seems to be the 'verse with the most Mary Sue fics I've EVER seen. I am vastly entertained by you taking it to a more literal level!
shotgun named marcus chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
absolutely loved this. So good to see someone else who notices the fucking ridiculous Sues that happen to infest the SOA world. Where beautiful, but broken girls are going to spit their whole life story at the first SOA canon they talk to (which is usually Gemma, who of course LOVES HER RIGHT AWAY).

So kudos to you for making me laugh rather then flinch and hit the little x.
Happy.BABE.Zsadist.Emmett chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I don't get the 'mary sue' part. You said her name was Syryn, so why is she 'mary sue'?

Please tell me, i've seen other mary-sue references and don't get them either.
Kos-Mos607 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Awesome! This has the be the only thing in this fandom with the words 'OC/Mary Sue' in it that I actually enjoyed. A lulz cap of awesomeness to you, my dear _
AJ chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Absolutely hilarious. I get why some people feel inclined to write Mary Sues (I mean, who wouldn't want to be with Jax?) but amen to canon.
The Grappler's Lady chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
This is pathetic. I'm guessing 99.9% of OC's are Mary Sues in your book.

I'm not going to sit here and say there aren't some pathetic sues in this fandom that I happen to love, because there are and we both know it. However, you like to lump them all in together.

Basically what you'd like is this, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though I doubt I'm very far off: She must be boring in every way, and abysmal at everything she attempts (because God forbid she has any talent at anything whatsoever). She must have a boring name, something like Louise or Gertrude, and she must never be sexy, no, in fact she must be far from it! She must be demure, wearing only long pants and baggy, long sleeved, crew neck t-shirts in earth tones and simple flip-flops on her feet. Her hair must be short, frizzy, and greasy so that it isn't even remotely attractive to others. She must be as ugly as homemade sin, dumber than a box of rocks, she must never get more fic time than any canon characters, and the most important thing, she must never be paired with the lead male character, ever.

The problem with this is that it's not even remotely entertaining, and it doesn't foster the creativity of a budding author.

A tragic past can be a great plot point if used correctly, but of course most new authors are afraid to use it these days because if they do, the character is automatically labeled a Mary Sue. If they even allude to the character's looks being remotely pretty, then the character is a Sue. If she has skills in anything that are better than that of a canon character, then the character is a Sue. Do you see where I'm going here? I think you and people like you are a bit quick to label OC's as Sues.

Canon is obviously your cup of tea, and that's fine, I can understand that and so can everyone else. However, shoving your irrational, unbridled hatred of the original female character down everyone else's throats with this kind of fic is crossing the line. Please, grow up, and realize that not everyone goes for the same thing you do, and that including one or two OC's does not butcher your precious canon.
TellatrixForever chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Not bad at all.

God bless you.
southern cross chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
this was freaking awesome. i have no idea why there are so many yuck OC's in this fandom but you sure kicekd the butt of that mary sue.

good on ya.
boomshine87 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I definitely got a laugh out of this one! great work and thanks for posting
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Pretty cool little story. Good to see a perfect Mary Sue character get hers, especially at the hands of Wendy and Tara. Probably lucky for Syryn it was them. Had it been Gemma, she would have been beaten over the head with a skateboard.

One typo I found. "back in forth" should be "back and forth.

Good job.
BaeLee chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
ROFL. I've wanted to read this for a month and i finally got the chance tonight. Touche. Funny stuff man. lol. the title alone had me hooked. you're a crack writer and you should be proud. we need a little hilarity in our lives. XD

I love your stories. you need to write more. seriously. -I'm watching you lady! O_O-

"yeah, cause that wasn't creepy at all..."
Edna E Mode chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Hilarious and very well written! I loved it!
GoodniteGirl23 chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
I was laughing out loud when I read that! I love Tara and Wendy going back and forth at the end.