Reviews for Primary Gain
Rilliane chapter 11 . 12/7
I feel like I owe you a long review but I probably won't manage it. So.
I think I found this fanfic some years ago but for some reason didn't finish it, and now I stumbled upon this again and... Wow. It's brilliant. Really. I had my eyes glued to the screen till the end.

I loved your characterization of Lelouch, Suzaku and Schneizel. I also liked that Lelouch wasn't as opposed to Britannia like in canon and actually loved it.
I wonder if perhaps Suzaku killed Charles at the end, or at least someone else from the family.
Hah, I just thought that if Lelouch goes along with Todoh's plan and somehow they manage to destroy Britannia... Well, it would be similar to the end of R2, only in an ironic and tragic way. I hope for a happy end, but...

Well, to sum it up, I really loved this stroy and I hope that someday you'll eventually finish it.
Kiratt chapter 11 . 12/2
Ive followed this story for years and just rediscovered it in my box. The world you create is just as incredible the second, third time read8ng this story. The way you draw Lelouch, Suzuki,and all the characters, Fallen, Gino, Schneizel, is wonderful. I am aching to know what happens next, and can only hope that you somehow post the rest of this story despite the long break.

Looking forward to more!
MithLuin chapter 6 . 11/21
Woohoo! I found a chapter I hadn't reviewed yet, so ff dot net will let me post another review here :)

Just had the pleasure of re-reading this fic, and I must say that I am still just as impressed as always. Lelouch carrying everything forward by the force of his will only to wind up overwhelmed in a hospital bed - and what was that with him *wanting* what Schneizel did?! The gloves make a lot more sense now, though why Suzaku knew to fear Schneizel's hands before he'd ever met him, I don't know. And Suzaku - poor earnest and crazy Suzaku, going off the deepend. Is anything left of Britannia now that he's gone after it to exact revenge?

But I had a new thought this time through - the serial killer is a woman and a young man (odd pairing), but that description fits C.C. and V.V. of all people (who have not played much of a role thus far in this story). I don't want that to be the answer, but I don't have any better guesses at the moment. Plenty of killers in this story to choose from, though! I'm sure the key in solving the murders is accounting for the time gap, and I don't know who (if anyone) was 'out of town' during that time.

I love the way you have built up this story, how all the characters have to fight for everything they have, and nothing is easy, but a lot of it is quite genuine, and I find the humor hilarious, so like C.C. I never want to leave the house again. ;) So many details make sense as you go along - everything from Nunnally mentioning Millay long before we meet her, to the whole 'littlest prince' being a result of Schneizel enforcing that rule. It holds together really well.

I have no idea how you can wrap everything up in one more chapter, but I do (patiently) look forward to the day when the story is complete. Have a happy Thanksgiving, and I wish you all the best, wherever you are and whatever you are doing in your life these days :D
raevinederont1 chapter 11 . 10/27
Please update this. This really breaks my heart. Still please update soon.
raevinederont1 chapter 7 . 10/26
Who? Who is it? Who planted that disk?!
The suspense is killing me!
toomanyshipsss chapter 11 . 9/21
oh my God this is so sad I hate todoh what an asshole... lelouch and suzaku are so cute together and I really hope next chapter will show suzakus side. so lelouch is apparently according to schniezal now suicidal and suzaku according to todoh is going crazy and doing shit that could get him in jail. cool. this fanfic is seriously the best code grass fanfic I've ever read. can't wait for next chapter!
sala chapter 11 . 4/8
Wow, I must have first read this...5 years ago? Maybe 6? I think I reread it once or twice in the time since then, but either way, it's been a long time. I figured it was pretty much a dead end, which was a shame, but it happens often enough so such is life.

Then two days ago I decided to google some of my old favourite fics. The top ones that I found myself thinking about over the years. Imagine my surprise and excitements when I saw this had been updated! I know it's been five months since this update but man, five months to five years! Very exciting.

I just finished re-reading it now with the new chapter and wow am I ever glad you updated this. I haven't watched Code Geass in five years (closer to six, probably) and I don't really remember the details but it doesn't matter. This fic is a story unto itself. Man, it was such a pleasure to read it anew! Your building of the mythology of this crime family is top notch. I think I'm going to re-watch the Godfather movies this weekend because you got me into a mafia mood. And your ability to weave punchy humour throughout scenes of heart-wrenching drama and tragedy is fantastic. Seriously, you're so good at pacing. I would read scenes and love them so much I would immediately re-read them before moving on (especially the sweet, romantic scenes because, well, dang).

I've fallen in love with Suzaku and Lelouch again. Especially Lelouch. He's a complex character in the show but the way you've written him, he's just so fascinating and tragic and sharp and full of hope despite everything. It's easy to see how people keep falling in love with him. You've put so much care into his characterization in this story, and have pulled it off just SO well. And of course Suzaku is a perfect complement to him, beautifully fleshed out in his own right. And I can't ignore what you've done with Schneizel, because wow is there ever a lot going on there. I feel for him in some way, in the way that you can feel for someone so twisted and broken beyond their own realization.

I really do hope you finish this because you left it on a hell of a cliffhanger! I'll patiently wait until you do. Thank you for taking the time to update it after so long, it must have been challenging to pick it back up after so many years. But you've done a great job of picking up where you left off!
Puppiesssss chapter 11 . 2/13
that was kinda... unexpected... I have always been a big fan of LelouchXSchneizel so ummmm yeah I would have been quite happy with an ending where Schneizel kills Lelouch then commits suicide they would have been perfect together :p
Guest chapter 11 . 12/28/2015
WHAT?! NO!

no no noooooo! The master plan! Lelouch can't just give up! We need to find out what Suzuku did! And when will Lelouch realize it wasn't Schneizel's fault!

ahhhhhhhhhh IM FREAKING OUTTT
Fra chapter 11 . 12/23/2015
Weeeell, that's escalated quickly... Frankly, I found a bit anti-climatic this twist...
touchreceptors chapter 11 . 11/30/2015
oh God, THIS CHAPTER

I'm still half in shock that you resurrected this and BROUGHT THIS BACK INTO MY LIFE. THANK YOU, BLESS YOU

And I love it. Lelouch confronting his fear, Suzaku being lost and desperate and just LOSING IT after Lelouch almost died, Lelouch registering and knowing even in coma that without him Suzaku is going to lose it - wow.

But mostly, just Lelouch. Going back to read the Suzaku introspective from the previous chapter and putting it side by side with this one... I think you've somehow, through all the drama and the way the characters handle their situations and react, really made Lelouch seem like the headstrong beautiful lovable disaster that Suzaku fell in love with. I swear I think I can understand how and why Suzaku is so helplessly and hopelessly in love. I FEEL IT.

And poor, poor, broken Lelouch who suddenly seems so tired and yet so vulnerable and young. You've made me just want to hold him softly for as long as it takes. SOBS. But what they really need is need each other, anla. THEY BALANCE EACH OTHER. DOn'T TEAR THEM APART PLEASE. MY HEART CANNOT TAKE IT - and I don't think this universe will, either, what with how much chaos has already erupted just while one half is out and/or just because they weren't truly working together (Oh wait that's kind of canon too, isn't it, haha. But YES if there's any message that came through clearly from canon, it's that these two need to be TOGETHER to resolve messes. SO DO IT, bring them back togetherr because that's how everything is going to fix itself!)

I'LL BE WAITING EAGERLY FOR THE SUZALULU HAPPY ENDING COUGH COUGH /ELBOWS YOU NOT VERY SUBTLY AT ALL. Because goodness knows they deserve it after so much shit.

But as with the last time, if you ever want to run things by me or bounce ideas back and forth, I'll be happy to chat!

and thank you again. Man, this fic has been such a defining part of my fandom life. It is wonderful and all kinds of nostalgic to have it back.
touchreceptors chapter 10 . 11/30/2015
Oh lovely, according to the system I haven't left a review for this chapter yet so I can send you my fresh thoughts on it now!

I feel like I'm going to need to go back even further to figure out why Schneizel is helping Suzaku double-cross the FBI and why they needed Clovis. But I remember fondly that this document was called PG-FINALLY (lmao) and coming back to read it again was just beautiful.

The smut was such a good reward (FINALLY INDEED). In all honesty though the best scene for me was probably the realness/believability of Suzaku feeling the weight of everything and crying against Lelouch's stomach in the hotel because good lord if that doesn't happen to me too - when I'm upset, and then comforted, and when my defenses come down. That felt absolutely painfully and beautifully real to read - as well as very much in character for Suzaku. (You can expect that if Lelouch ever did that to Suzaku in canon while Suzaku is thinking about how fucked up his life is, the same would probably happen LOL. IT PROBABLY DID HAPPEN, SAY AFTER MAO TRAUMATIZED HIM AFTER BRINGING UP HIS FATHER'S DEATH)

And then of course, there's the dramatic way this chapter closed, the dialogue between Clovis and Lelouch, Lelouch shuttering his emotions in order to complete the deed, and that was fantastic too.

I am also so very disturbed by Clovis recalling Christmas dinner. It's amazing what dialogue like that can do when all you have to do is just insinuate something through it, and let your readers fill in the blanks! Poor, darling Lelouch - that makes his standing up to it in the next bit even more relieving and bittersweet to read.

Right. Just leaving this here now because I can't recall what else I said (if ever? OTL i"M SORRY) about this chapter previously.
Erakiran chapter 11 . 11/29/2015
Thanks for the update! Wow, I didn't see this coming at all.
winedark chapter 11 . 11/22/2015
I shrieked when this showed up in my inbox. Literally shrieked. All the Code Geass goodness I've been missing from my life has been answered. I really like how layered this story is. There's so much going on, I need to go reread the first 10 chapters again. Just because, why not? And prepare for the final chapter.

Gino is still my personal favorite. I can't wait to see how everything turns out. And what Suzaku's been trying to do all this time.

Glad you're back!
weland chapter 11 . 11/22/2015
Dunh dunh dunh...

Are you ever going to get into Emperor Chuck's head, role, involvement?

Is Suzaku going to manage to take Charles down and triumph over all Britannia? Will Lelouch manage to cut Suzaku out of his life for both their sakes? Realize that Schneizel loves him? All this and more in the final installment of Anlaaria's breathtaking tale of intrigue, politics and love, "Primary Gain"!

Upon reading the last few chapters, this does follow much better from the previous chapter than the other version I saw (and love).

Poor Clovis.