Reviews for Primary Gain
Guest chapter 11 . 12/28/2015
WHAT?! NO!

no no noooooo! The master plan! Lelouch can't just give up! We need to find out what Suzuku did! And when will Lelouch realize it wasn't Schneizel's fault!

ahhhhhhhhhh IM FREAKING OUTTT
Fra chapter 11 . 12/23/2015
Weeeell, that's escalated quickly... Frankly, I found a bit anti-climatic this twist...
touchreceptors chapter 11 . 11/30/2015
oh God, THIS CHAPTER

I'm still half in shock that you resurrected this and BROUGHT THIS BACK INTO MY LIFE. THANK YOU, BLESS YOU

And I love it. Lelouch confronting his fear, Suzaku being lost and desperate and just LOSING IT after Lelouch almost died, Lelouch registering and knowing even in coma that without him Suzaku is going to lose it - wow.

But mostly, just Lelouch. Going back to read the Suzaku introspective from the previous chapter and putting it side by side with this one... I think you've somehow, through all the drama and the way the characters handle their situations and react, really made Lelouch seem like the headstrong beautiful lovable disaster that Suzaku fell in love with. I swear I think I can understand how and why Suzaku is so helplessly and hopelessly in love. I FEEL IT.

And poor, poor, broken Lelouch who suddenly seems so tired and yet so vulnerable and young. You've made me just want to hold him softly for as long as it takes. SOBS. But what they really need is need each other, anla. THEY BALANCE EACH OTHER. DOn'T TEAR THEM APART PLEASE. MY HEART CANNOT TAKE IT - and I don't think this universe will, either, what with how much chaos has already erupted just while one half is out and/or just because they weren't truly working together (Oh wait that's kind of canon too, isn't it, haha. But YES if there's any message that came through clearly from canon, it's that these two need to be TOGETHER to resolve messes. SO DO IT, bring them back togetherr because that's how everything is going to fix itself!)

I'LL BE WAITING EAGERLY FOR THE SUZALULU HAPPY ENDING COUGH COUGH /ELBOWS YOU NOT VERY SUBTLY AT ALL. Because goodness knows they deserve it after so much shit.

But as with the last time, if you ever want to run things by me or bounce ideas back and forth, I'll be happy to chat!

and thank you again. Man, this fic has been such a defining part of my fandom life. It is wonderful and all kinds of nostalgic to have it back.
touchreceptors chapter 10 . 11/30/2015
Oh lovely, according to the system I haven't left a review for this chapter yet so I can send you my fresh thoughts on it now!

I feel like I'm going to need to go back even further to figure out why Schneizel is helping Suzaku double-cross the FBI and why they needed Clovis. But I remember fondly that this document was called PG-FINALLY (lmao) and coming back to read it again was just beautiful.

The smut was such a good reward (FINALLY INDEED). In all honesty though the best scene for me was probably the realness/believability of Suzaku feeling the weight of everything and crying against Lelouch's stomach in the hotel because good lord if that doesn't happen to me too - when I'm upset, and then comforted, and when my defenses come down. That felt absolutely painfully and beautifully real to read - as well as very much in character for Suzaku. (You can expect that if Lelouch ever did that to Suzaku in canon while Suzaku is thinking about how fucked up his life is, the same would probably happen LOL. IT PROBABLY DID HAPPEN, SAY AFTER MAO TRAUMATIZED HIM AFTER BRINGING UP HIS FATHER'S DEATH)

And then of course, there's the dramatic way this chapter closed, the dialogue between Clovis and Lelouch, Lelouch shuttering his emotions in order to complete the deed, and that was fantastic too.

I am also so very disturbed by Clovis recalling Christmas dinner. It's amazing what dialogue like that can do when all you have to do is just insinuate something through it, and let your readers fill in the blanks! Poor, darling Lelouch - that makes his standing up to it in the next bit even more relieving and bittersweet to read.

Right. Just leaving this here now because I can't recall what else I said (if ever? OTL i"M SORRY) about this chapter previously.
Erakiran chapter 11 . 11/29/2015
Thanks for the update! Wow, I didn't see this coming at all.
winedark chapter 11 . 11/22/2015
I shrieked when this showed up in my inbox. Literally shrieked. All the Code Geass goodness I've been missing from my life has been answered. I really like how layered this story is. There's so much going on, I need to go reread the first 10 chapters again. Just because, why not? And prepare for the final chapter.

Gino is still my personal favorite. I can't wait to see how everything turns out. And what Suzaku's been trying to do all this time.

Glad you're back!
weland chapter 11 . 11/22/2015
Dunh dunh dunh...

Are you ever going to get into Emperor Chuck's head, role, involvement?

Is Suzaku going to manage to take Charles down and triumph over all Britannia? Will Lelouch manage to cut Suzaku out of his life for both their sakes? Realize that Schneizel loves him? All this and more in the final installment of Anlaaria's breathtaking tale of intrigue, politics and love, "Primary Gain"!

Upon reading the last few chapters, this does follow much better from the previous chapter than the other version I saw (and love).

Poor Clovis.
weland chapter 11 . 11/19/2015
You live! It lives! I shall refrain from gushing. That went a completely different direction from the previous version of this chapter. Or rather, it got to the same point by a completely different route. It may just be that I'm familiar with the other version that I prefer the other version (which also contains one of my favorite lines/scenes and which I enjoy quoting: “I,” Suzaku announced in the dead silence, “am sitting.”). The writing and characterizations in this chapter don't seem consistent with and up to the level of the rest of the fic (maybe just because it's been so long since it was updated and people change). I particularly miss the developments in the relationship between Lelouch and Schneizel (as men, as brothers, as strange obsession) from the previous version, and the way it circled back to the beginning of the fic: high register, witty, keenly insightful therapy sessions.
Nico chapter 11 . 11/18/2015
COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN I WAS NOTIFIED OF THE UPDATE! Thanks so much for updating. Can't wait to read the rest of the finale.
Lelouchvibritt1 chapter 11 . 11/18/2015
Good job, loved this, you are truly talented please keep the writing! Truly blessed!
lilacalosa chapter 11 . 11/17/2015
I didn't even read it, I don't even think I'm logged in, I just instinctively went OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Cool Moon chapter 11 . 11/17/2015
I still haven't start reading it and I'm already excited !

No matter how much time pass, as long as you update I'll keep waiting
Palito chapter 11 . 11/17/2015
Ohhh I'm in heaven ?, you only knew how many times I had read your fanfic, in fact this is one of the reasons why I have not abandoned this fandom. My heart is beating for joy that I feel that is to be out of my chest, now !. Although it saddens me that is going to end, I am also glad that occurred, that this story has existed and well, this is not a review as such, but I feel I must thank you for giving me one of the best stories I've read . Thanks, I feel honored.

Please forgive my bad English. And again thanks for this.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 11 . 11/17/2015
This was exactly what I needed at the end of a stressful day. The stress of other characters and not my own stress, hahaha.

Honestly, my first reaction upon seeing the alert for this story in my email inbox was stunned silence for almost thirty seconds. Then it was some sort of gasp, in which I realized I hadn't been breathing. Then, I expected myself to scream, but all I could actually do was make this tiny noise of... I don't know what.

My first coherent thought was, "She's alive out there." As excited as I was, of course, for the continuation of my favorite Geass fanfic, I felt more relieved to have solid proof at last that you are out there somewhere, okay enough even to post. I will never ask or need to know why you fell off the radar (again, so long, whatever). Everyone has reasons. But I want you to know that I am GOD DAMN RELIEVED to know you're well. Because I respect you. Because your work is incredible. And because the world looks just a little brighter to me when I know that someone so brilliant is still out there doing creative things, feeding their genius back into the world in the form of art.

Anyway. Before I start blathering.

THANK YOU. (Why did you apologize in your author note? Really, if you had said "you're welcome" instead of "I'm sorry," it would have made total sense. Don't you know you're doing everyone a fantastic favor by taking the time to give us anything, when life is happening all around you and there are probably a million reasons not to post? I don't mean to sound sarcastic; I'm serious.)

Do you need anyone to beta read for you, still? I think you briefly flirted once with asking me to do so. I agreed, but perhaps ultimately didn't give you enough reason to think I'd be helpful? Meh. I don't need any explanation on that either. This new chapter doesn't scream to me that you need much of a second pair of eyes other than to catch a few typos. That said, if you do still want someone to help out, even just to have more detailed feedback... well. There are things I would neglect in an instant to make time for you, haha. (I usually prefer to talk about writing more than write about writing, but so help me god if you asked for an essay and said it would help you finalize this project, I would write it.)

Aaah, this chapter. I don't think I've ever felt my stomach start to eat itself the way it did watching all of this play out. I expected Lelouch to be a lot more angry, and instead he was drunk and careless and bold and stupid, and rather sexy while he was at it. I was so afraid for him when he went to Schneizel's, and shaking in my shoes when Schneizel started tearing his clothes off, but so proud when Lelouch told him to stop, even though it ended in horrible, horrible repercussion. God, what has Suzaku been doing while Lelouch was in that coma? The scene in the hospital where Suzaku was talking to Lelouch, thinking Lelouch couldn't hear, but he could... my gut clenched up and it was just... so painfully touching to hear what he was telling Lelouch. Suzaku, Suzaku, your guilt is so tragic and beautiful. Suzaku, you are so rash and raw and wild and stupid and attractive and so in love with Lelouch that it will kill you! Jail? JAIL. UGGH. And yes, Lelouch did bite off more than he could chew with this one. Tohdoh is my fucking hero for plunking down calmly at Lelouch's bedside and being like, "Here are your choices, bitch." Lelouch, Lelouch, you are so blinded and scarred and beautiful and also so in love that you are doing stupid things. I can't take it.

I hope you know I only call your characters names and things because I love everything they are doing. I am taken aback by them. I didn't expect a lot of what happened here, and that made it all the more thrilling.

As for your writing itself... it's been a while, but this reads like it hasn't even been a day. Your style is the same. It's distinctly you; I knew who's work I was reading right away. That is the most damn impressive thing. You're back and you've still got it! Awesome.

I think I've said enough. I'm happy. Thank you again for posting. Life is extra awesome now.
MithLuin chapter 11 . 11/17/2015
OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe you updated this. And the end nears!

Well then.

Lelouch probably should have confronted Suzaku rather than Schneizel. I can see that going better for him. But then...this is certainly more dramatic. And drunk!Lelouch is all about the drama ;).

I am so very happy this story will be getting an ending! I'd say 'you have no idea', but I imagine you realize what an obsessive fangirl I am over this wonderful incarnation of Lelouch and Suzaku you've created here. So, thank you very much for returning to them and finishing out their story. It was not a surprise to recognize that Lelouch knew Suzaku was guilty and lying. I do hope they get a chance to talk about it during Suzaku's upcoming hospital/jail break ;).