Reviews for Primary Gain
xxfairyheartxx chapter 2 . 12/19/2017
Okay...so his brother is sexually abusing him...did NOT expect that all of a sudden but I guess for Lelouch and Suzaku to bond, they need to have some traumatic thing that happened to both of them so they can heal together and stuff. Though I wish for the first chapter, you might've explained more clearly exactly what was going on because it was only after reading a couple paragraphs did I realize where he was. Try to make things more clear. I get it that yeah sometimes you just want to jump in but you also need some semblance of an introduction so your readers aren't left in the dust. However, I am excited to see where this story goes!
Ladynx chapter 8 . 10/23/2017
This is my favourite chapter by far. its so cute
Manawydan chapter 11 . 10/4/2017
Ah and you're so close to the end! How tantalizing. Well I do hope you manage to finish it some day, it's by far one of the best Code Geass fics I've read. Wonderful premise, great plotting, and suspense that's been keeping at the edge of my seat for the past few days. So thanks for the wonderful story and I hope you find the time and motivation to truly wrap it up. :)
Guest chapter 11 . 8/19/2017
I was in love with your story
And every year I am checking hoping
Kagami no Basuke chapter 11 . 8/9/2017
So close to the end! Hope you find the inspiration to write out the rest soon... I don't really mind waiting a couple more years because this story is just too good not to find its conclusion.

Anyway! I really like the setting of the whole story. You're a wonderful world-builder, though I guess it would have been infinitely better if we caught more of the siblings life of crime... reading the fic is gonna be a more immersive experience then, that's for sure.

Although your writing does leave little else to be desired... at least when it comes to the characterization at the beginning. You had me fully convinced of the slight alterations to their personalities, due to the fact that this is an AU. Most writers seem to forget that OOC-ness can be attributed to AUs since, well, different circumstances, upbringing, etc. Not that a lot of them were painfully OOC. It's just the subtle shifts in their personalities, I guess. Like Todoh... I never expected him to be such a pushover, although of course, his circumstances don't give him much leeway to be always calm and dignified.

I also like how you've established a hierarchy for organized crime. I mean, you could've skimped on that and used what already exists: mafia, yakuza, triads, cartels... but you didn't! And that's what made the story a lot closer to the Code Geass fandom. I also like Lelouch's introspection about the entire existence of his father's, and by extension, their organization. It's kinda bittersweet because he loves and hates it all in the same breath. (I have a feeling that if he didn't have Nuna to worry about, he would've gone fuck all and actually went for the emperor position himself. As he is now, his motivation is purely external and well... doesn't seem as thrilling as a Lelouch who would do everything for self-gain.) In the latter half of the story though, I felt the canon Lelouch resurfacing, and that's terrific!

Sorry for my rambling. I just loved this so much that I had to say something even remotely intelligent. Thank you for sharing!
Michireon chapter 11 . 1/13/2017
I'm just a chapter away from the end right? This is so good! Please update!
suzako chapter 11 . 1/8/2017
i started to read this very well aware that this story was abandoned, and i do not regret it one bit. i can probably say its the best ff in the fandom, and though i'm sad it didnt get finished even if it was so close, i'm glad you wrote it up to this point. amazing job !
so chapter 11 . 1/4/2017
love it
Rilliane chapter 11 . 12/7/2016
I feel like I owe you a long review but I probably won't manage it. So.
I think I found this fanfic some years ago but for some reason didn't finish it, and now I stumbled upon this again and... Wow. It's brilliant. Really. I had my eyes glued to the screen till the end.

I loved your characterization of Lelouch, Suzaku and Schneizel. I also liked that Lelouch wasn't as opposed to Britannia like in canon and actually loved it.
I wonder if perhaps Suzaku killed Charles at the end, or at least someone else from the family.
Hah, I just thought that if Lelouch goes along with Todoh's plan and somehow they manage to destroy Britannia... Well, it would be similar to the end of R2, only in an ironic and tragic way. I hope for a happy end, but...

Well, to sum it up, I really loved this stroy and I hope that someday you'll eventually finish it.
Kiratt chapter 11 . 12/2/2016
Ive followed this story for years and just rediscovered it in my box. The world you create is just as incredible the second, third time read8ng this story. The way you draw Lelouch, Suzuki,and all the characters, Fallen, Gino, Schneizel, is wonderful. I am aching to know what happens next, and can only hope that you somehow post the rest of this story despite the long break.

Looking forward to more!
MithLuin chapter 6 . 11/21/2016
Woohoo! I found a chapter I hadn't reviewed yet, so ff dot net will let me post another review here :)

Just had the pleasure of re-reading this fic, and I must say that I am still just as impressed as always. Lelouch carrying everything forward by the force of his will only to wind up overwhelmed in a hospital bed - and what was that with him *wanting* what Schneizel did?! The gloves make a lot more sense now, though why Suzaku knew to fear Schneizel's hands before he'd ever met him, I don't know. And Suzaku - poor earnest and crazy Suzaku, going off the deepend. Is anything left of Britannia now that he's gone after it to exact revenge?

But I had a new thought this time through - the serial killer is a woman and a young man (odd pairing), but that description fits C.C. and V.V. of all people (who have not played much of a role thus far in this story). I don't want that to be the answer, but I don't have any better guesses at the moment. Plenty of killers in this story to choose from, though! I'm sure the key in solving the murders is accounting for the time gap, and I don't know who (if anyone) was 'out of town' during that time.

I love the way you have built up this story, how all the characters have to fight for everything they have, and nothing is easy, but a lot of it is quite genuine, and I find the humor hilarious, so like C.C. I never want to leave the house again. ;) So many details make sense as you go along - everything from Nunnally mentioning Millay long before we meet her, to the whole 'littlest prince' being a result of Schneizel enforcing that rule. It holds together really well.

I have no idea how you can wrap everything up in one more chapter, but I do (patiently) look forward to the day when the story is complete. Have a happy Thanksgiving, and I wish you all the best, wherever you are and whatever you are doing in your life these days :D
raevinederont1 chapter 11 . 10/27/2016
Please update this. This really breaks my heart. Still please update soon.
raevinederont1 chapter 7 . 10/26/2016
Who? Who is it? Who planted that disk?!
The suspense is killing me!
toomanyshipsss chapter 11 . 9/21/2016
oh my God this is so sad I hate todoh what an asshole... lelouch and suzaku are so cute together and I really hope next chapter will show suzakus side. so lelouch is apparently according to schniezal now suicidal and suzaku according to todoh is going crazy and doing shit that could get him in jail. cool. this fanfic is seriously the best code grass fanfic I've ever read. can't wait for next chapter!
sala chapter 11 . 4/8/2016
Wow, I must have first read this...5 years ago? Maybe 6? I think I reread it once or twice in the time since then, but either way, it's been a long time. I figured it was pretty much a dead end, which was a shame, but it happens often enough so such is life.

Then two days ago I decided to google some of my old favourite fics. The top ones that I found myself thinking about over the years. Imagine my surprise and excitements when I saw this had been updated! I know it's been five months since this update but man, five months to five years! Very exciting.

I just finished re-reading it now with the new chapter and wow am I ever glad you updated this. I haven't watched Code Geass in five years (closer to six, probably) and I don't really remember the details but it doesn't matter. This fic is a story unto itself. Man, it was such a pleasure to read it anew! Your building of the mythology of this crime family is top notch. I think I'm going to re-watch the Godfather movies this weekend because you got me into a mafia mood. And your ability to weave punchy humour throughout scenes of heart-wrenching drama and tragedy is fantastic. Seriously, you're so good at pacing. I would read scenes and love them so much I would immediately re-read them before moving on (especially the sweet, romantic scenes because, well, dang).

I've fallen in love with Suzaku and Lelouch again. Especially Lelouch. He's a complex character in the show but the way you've written him, he's just so fascinating and tragic and sharp and full of hope despite everything. It's easy to see how people keep falling in love with him. You've put so much care into his characterization in this story, and have pulled it off just SO well. And of course Suzaku is a perfect complement to him, beautifully fleshed out in his own right. And I can't ignore what you've done with Schneizel, because wow is there ever a lot going on there. I feel for him in some way, in the way that you can feel for someone so twisted and broken beyond their own realization.

I really do hope you finish this because you left it on a hell of a cliffhanger! I'll patiently wait until you do. Thank you for taking the time to update it after so long, it must have been challenging to pick it back up after so many years. But you've done a great job of picking up where you left off!