Reviews for Home Truths
WELL DONE!
Post U Later chapter 2 . 11/15/2013
Aww Tony'll Make A Perfect Father! Just Like Gibbs.

Poor Paulie Though. Even Though His Dad Was A Horrible Father & An Evil Person, He Was Still His Dad. & As Tony Said, His Hope Is Now Gone.

But Great Story. Tony's Really Something Amazing.
Post U Later chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Oh Wow... Holy Shit, That Was... Damn Tony. The Enormous Amount Of Feels This Chapter Generated Has Left Me Tongue Tied.

Really Great Story So Far. Tony's Amazing! But It's Also Sad When You Think Of Why He's So Amazing.
Sin chapter 2 . 8/7/2013
Interesting. I'll freely admit that there is a very fine line when it comes to punishments for a child's misbehavior and that when that line is crossed is when things take a turn for the worse. I do see Gibbs as being a very fair and good parent and not wanting to hit his child in any way even though spanking was probably something he himself experienced. It's interesting how there is such a wide debate on that subject. There's also the fact that abuse is more than just physical but there is also psychological and the worst, sexual, abuse to contend with. Telling a child that they are worthless and will one day end up in the gutter is psychological abuse in my eyes and we know that Senior did just that to Tony. I think Tony would make a wonderful father because he does know what that kind of thing can do to a child. This was a very interesting insight into Tony's knowledge and his handling of children and a very interesting read. It definitely makes you want to slap Senior though. The emotions in this fic are very real and it lends more to the fic that way. I enjoyed the fic immensely.
Ja
Sin
quiltedlives chapter 2 . 7/6/2013
I love how you finished this storyline
Grandma chapter 2 . 4/27/2013
Awesome story...just awesome!
The Greek me chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
This story was so sad and so sweet at the same time. I loved papa Gibbs...Excellent...Bravo...
The Greek me chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Great chapter...Your Tony was amazing and heartbreaking at the same time...Bravo
josgrandma chapter 2 . 1/23/2013
Such an awesome story. I agree with you about the spanking...it's just
so hard sometimes, when you realize that you spanked out of your own
anger, not for the good of the child.
I think we all regret spanking our children, because we were spanked as a child.
Hopefully the cycle will be broken, and spanking will stop.
All the best to you,
josgrandma
Cha'90 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Heartbreaking yet beautiful. Amazing.
ametssorgin chapter 2 . 8/7/2012
Beautiful poignant story.
Jimelda chapter 2 . 7/20/2012
This is just lovely. Such great insights into both Tony's past and into the person he is today. Also, I loved sympathetic, fatherly Gibbs - and his speech. It was perfectly in-character because Tony needed to understand that what was done to him was wrong.

What I'm trying to say is this story was just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cheers,
Jimelda
Wowedme chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
When i first looked at this story, i thought, 110 reviews for a 6500 word story? I had never seen that before. But then iread the story and understood. Its a brilliantly eritten, really awesome story. Thank wyou so muh for posting it.
charli911 chapter 2 . 5/13/2012
I've just re-read this story probably the third time and it's still very powerful...

I wonder, would you ever consider writing a ...10yrs later story where Tony, Gibbs and Paulie meet up again? I think you could really do it justtice
Sandyeka chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
reread this again, and... damn! i think i like it even more!