Reviews for Cultural Differences
Rouge Vulpes chapter 29 . 2/13
I still enjoy rereading this story! It will always be one of my favorites!
ThreeCloverKai chapter 30 . 2/1
I love how well written this was. There were very few grammar or typo mistakes, which made the story so very enjoyable to read.
The plot was good. I loved the development throughout, but there were some issues that I think would turn off some readers.
My biggest issue is that you pretty much only have 1 and 1/2 likeable characters. Kagome, and like half of Sesshoumaru. You made literally everyone into a bad guy. And not like "oh I dislike this character" bad guy, but like "this character has committed unforgivable acts that will never allow character growth in the future" bad guys. Its a bummer. You introduce some semi likeable characters towards the end, but by then its too late to really develop them.
On the note of underdeveloped likeable characters, it seemed weird and very random for Rin to be like "hey I suddenly became a badass". You had a golden opportunity to mention her martial arts skills when Kagome first met Rin, in the paragraph where Kagome was reeling from everything she learned about the girl in under like 5 minutes. You could have slipped the information in there, and then returned to it later, and it wouldnt have seemed so abrupt and out of place.
With all that being said, the two characters you did focus on had great character development. I enjoyed seeing Sesshoumaru come out of his shell, even if he was a bit OOC towards the end there with the crying and the winging to his mommy lol
Anyways, I know this is an older story so the comments I made wont be affecting this one, but I hope you think about them when writing your next, and dont take them as being too negative. I really think honesty goes a long way towards all of us helping each other grow as writers, and I hope you cant take this all with a grain of salt.
And my final honest opinion: I loved this fic! :)
Guest chapter 30 . 7/15/2017
How did Kagome miss that Rin was a super amazing Martial Arts Master? Maybe she didn't mention it, but it's hard to miss a highly trained person in reality. Also.. she's an amazing bestie! She's horny for her best friend's love interest and neglects to let her know that she could train her in physical self defense even though she knows Kagome is in danger a lot of the time... Rin's an asshole.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/5/2017
Your story seems interesting so far and I get the impression that you like to investigate a little to make your story more authentic. So please take this not the wrong way because I only want to give you some feedback so that you may learn something new:

1. Normally a child born in Germany is only german if one parent is german. Germany seems to have in this matter another method then the USA. My teacher in 'Staatslehre' said that in Germany your nationality is most of the time determinated through 'the right of the blood' and in the USA through the 'right of the soil'

2. If someone swears in german he says 'fuck' and not 'ficken' even if it is the right translation ; )
Alice chapter 30 . 1/23/2017
Hello how are you I hope you well read your story I love it ! The whole grammar! It's wow the best story, it's real, emotions all over! No abrupt abrupt changes of personality is natural my most sincere congratulations a lot! Kisses from Ecuador ;*
Rouge Vulpes chapter 30 . 12/8/2016
Great story! I wish there was more!
kenyamawusi99 chapter 30 . 6/17/2016
OMG! THIS STORY WAS AMAZING! YOU GUYS ARE UNBELIEVABLE WRITERS & I CAN'T WAIT FOR A CHANCE AT ANOTHER STORY :)
JoeyJonnyJoe chapter 30 . 3/3/2016
This was an interesting story. Well written and compelling, but I do find it strange that 1. You seem to think that the only reason there's so much sympathy for Kagome is because most of the readers are females. And 2. what Sesshomaru basically did to Kagome what his father did to his mother. Kagome was in a different culture, but her parents clearly didn't sit her down and say "hey, fyi... you might wind up someone's property while you're there. Oh, and don't fall asleep with gum in your mouth! Take care, sweetheart!" You clarify that you hate stories where the rape victim falls in love with the rapist, but that's what this story is. Yes, Sesshomaru is from a world you created, but you made Kagome from our world. So of course people (males included) are going to feel more invested in her plight than Sesshomaru's.
InuFanJinx chapter 30 . 1/27/2016
This was a wonderful story and I thank you for writing and posting it so that we could enjoy it!
Nyght elf chapter 6 . 12/4/2015
well sorry but i give up. 30 chapters of savage slavery? not my cup of tea even if i do read dark stories this is just sick. maybe i will read the last chapter but i cant read this i just can't. its too much for me. realy, sorry. good luck with your writing and take care.
Nyght elf chapter 5 . 12/4/2015
everyone is stupid and bad (sango inuyasha yada yada)and only kagome is cool. what the hell? i understand the need to corner her but why in this way? lets see what's next thus i have no hope for her. it would be too big of a miracle to make this better. maybe i dont understand german people? but this is too much and this is definitely no kagome but only a girl au that has some similarities. thx for writing, lets see what's next.
Undertheskys chapter 28 . 9/1/2015
OMG PUTTING BOTH FAMIES TOGETHER WAS THE BEST THING EVERR. I MEAN THE WAY THEY ALL INTERACT WITH EACHOTHER IS SO CUTE AND FUNNY
Undertheskys chapter 27 . 9/1/2015
OMG HE'S CRYING AND SHE'S CRYING TOO! THERE CRYING FOR EACHOTHER
Undertheskys chapter 27 . 9/1/2015
Man with all the stories i have read, THIS story is the only one that has Sesshomaru's mother as a kind, generous women, who loves her mate and not some ice cold hearted bitch who doesnt accept humans in her family. And also Sesshomaru's father as a womanizer who doesn't know how to love someone whole heartedly, while in usual stories he's a supporting father whos kind cheerful and pretty much a mix of Inuyasha's freedom to do whatever and Sesshomaru's seriousness.
Undertheskys chapter 26 . 9/1/2015
Such a supporting family. LOVE IT!