Reviews for The Straight Path
Valante chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Brilliant story, so true to the spirit of AC that it reads better than cannon. You captured it all perfectly: the sensation of fleeing across the city, the calculations and battles, the characters of both Altair and Malik at this point of the game. Extremely well-written.
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Fantasticly brilliant writing again, my friend. Thank you most honestly for posting this for I to read. I enjoyed it immensely.
Dragoncl chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I agree. This should have been why Malik went to Masyaf. It seems a lot more believable than a secret diary that they just happened to find.

I don't know if it was intentional, but you were able to capture the intensity and fast-pace of the usual escape and scirmishes in AC. The interactions between Malik and Altair were spot on too. I swear, this seemed more realistic than the actual canon and I KNOW later I'm going to accidently subsitute this for the real story. Really well done and enjoyable even if it was "free-running followed by a lot of talk and politics". More please!
Nieki chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
O

M

G

This story is the essence of awesomeness.

It is extremely well done. This is what I call superb writing!

The imagery is really vivid and concrete. One can really imagine oneself there. The style is fluid and pleasant to read. Both Altair and Malik were perfectly in character, and their conversation was as good as the ones they have in the actual game. Perfect! Wonderful!

My one observation would be the structure of the paragraphs in the first part-the one about Altair running away from the guards. You have very long paragraphs that are sometimes broken up by a one-line paragraph that says something important. While I understand the purpose of that, sometimes it gets a little bit distracting. Other than that, this fic is 10/10.
Nevar23 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I'm just about speechless. But not quite, heh. This is one of the best stories I've ever read on here. Really fantastic work. I was a little confused by the order of events - in your story De Sable is newly dead, so Altair never meets with Richard?

Also, just for curiosity's sake, what made you choose a hawk instead of an eagle? It was an interesting choice. :)

I loved the dialog between Malik and Altair, and the fact that Malik bluffed the Templars when they attacked the Bureau. This, I think, was my favorite bit: Altaïr picked a page from the floor and laid it on the desk. It was a small concession. "We have had this conversation," he said. "The way of the assassin is not subtle."

I really hope to read more from you soon!