Reviews for The Future Child, Today
smcroberts252 chapter 4 . 3/19
Type your review for this chapter here...
Sand-wolf579 chapter 14 . 3/11
This story, may I just say, is fantastic. Why have I only now just read it? I've seen it around, all the time, but just today decided 'eh, might as well at least try it, I mean, it sounds interesting.' And boy was it. Seriously, amazing, and I'm sorry that I didn't read it earlier.
Wow. Just, wow. I feel in love with this from beginning to end. It was so, so amazing. you are such a genius author, and I truly hope to see more from you. 3 chao!
Amy chapter 8 . 11/15/2014
Ah cool u bought Stan into it! Great speech!
skylaeatpie chapter 14 . 7/10/2014
You threw us all on an emotional rollercoaster with out any safety bars and said "have fun!" And this entire time I was reading this I had no idea what to expect, considering that you were constantly throwing things at us, always making me ask more questions. And I loved it.

So thanks for writing an awesome story!
skylaeatpie chapter 9 . 7/9/2014
I'm not even done this chapter... I just got to "That beautiful angle that you murdered". And everything clicked into place damn it. Really? You did this? You aren't Disney! You aren't supposed to kill the... nevermind.
This is your story, and I respect that... I'm just kind of freaking out about my feels at the moment. Please forgive me.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 14 . 6/21/2014
Ouch. Would you believe that I opened this story thinking that it would be simpler that the movie? That Wilbur would be crazy, yes, but that everything that happened would be something that most anybody would say could, and does, happen in our real world? Silly me.
This was a great story. I don't think I'll be reading the prequel anytime soon. Dark, twisted, abuse riddled stories are the perfect way for me to have bad times myself but I will definitely keep an eye out for the sequel.
Your use of suspense was brilliant. The pacing of the story was fast but not rushed, again well done.
This helped me overlook the obvious 'first draft' remenents such as question marks in the place of missing words or repetitions of sentences that were probably being moved around. While your writing the prequel/sequel you might consider re-reading this story, not only to refamiliarize yourself with all the little details that you probably don't want to contradict but also so that you can fix up the "4o9 smears on the window" errors so to speak, or in other words the errors that make it obvious your a good writer but at the same time /do/ obscure the quality of the finished story.
Finally, The explainations were not as thourogh as I would have liked. When were the changes made to the clone body thing? After he stole her body and before his initial 'death'? I'm assuming so but... And why didn't the government just destroy her? Did they even try? Why or why not? Is she indistrucable? again why or wny not? and what about the science behind her? It's not any more fantastical than that displayed in the movie, I'll give you that (time machines vs a flesh and bone body with nuclear capabilities...hard to choose the more unbelivable) but I thought at least one of the points of this was that Lewis' brainstorms /were/ too advanced to happen in his lifetime. Or was I mistaken?
All in all a very well written story in style, technicals (grammer, spelling etc.), character development, and pacing. I'm glad I took the time to read it.
Oh! one more thing. Great attention getter. Our little story summaries, like the inside cover of a book, are make it or break it as far as getting readers. They deserve more attention than a lot of people on this site give theirs.
Cheerio!
Bookworm210 chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Ican'
*cries*
This is bloody amazing. Incredible. Excellent. Epic. Outstanding. Mind blowing. And I just want to say that reading it was definitely worth every tear I shed and every time I shouted at the screen to tell them to stop being idiots.
Which, of course, earned me strange stares from my cat, but that's nothing new.
I have to admit, I always knew that there could be a more twisted outbreak to MtR, but THIS. THIS is MAGNIFICENT. Here I was, thinking that all this time Wilber really was from the future, and Lewis was his dad and Franny his mom and all that stuff from the movie, but all that medication and being called crazy was starting to make him doubt it. But then BHG with his psychopathic plan. Talk about a plot twist, holy crap.
You are, hands down, just about one of the most outstanding author(esse)s I have ever seen on this website, and I am PROUD to have stumbled upon, "The Future Child, Today." I would like to thank that moment of half-asleepness that brought you this plot idea.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/6/2014
I love this story! And I literally laughed out loud at the scrubs reference :)
-panfan87
The QAS chapter 14 . 4/23/2014
Yes, I made it to the end. A beautiful story with a fascinating premise. I stand by my praise from earlier chapters. You, my friend, have a gift.
The QAS chapter 9 . 4/23/2014
Good idea to combine the multipart chapter into one. I liked the way this flowed, even if it was long.

I knew the kids would survive, but, damn, you know how to write suspense.
The QAS chapter 8 . 4/23/2014
I have not reviewed until now and I must say this is an incredibly impressive story. Admittedly, I was skeptical at reading this fic at first, but it was not long before I was drawn into it. The writing is beautiful, the plot is solid, and your insight on the characters is amazing. I honestly think this is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read in my four years on this site.

Also, when I found out the kid was named Stan I instinctively imagined him to be the South Park character. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was right! Oh, and that's another thing, Stan's cameo was oddly appropriate with his famous "I learned something today" speech as an inspiration for Franny and Goob.

I also enjoyed the creepy bits at the ends and how during this chapter you just casually let it slip that it was a full moon.

Just beautiful writing in this story. I really can't stress that enough. Okay, I'm going to read more of it now.
ArkieR chapter 14 . 4/8/2014
Wow… Just… wow. This is too amazing for words.
Ali-San chapter 12 . 4/6/2014
Ouch. Poor Wilbur. The delusions he had were all shattered to pieces the moment he saw the journal and remembered...
xbrainlessxxwriterx chapter 14 . 3/20/2014
This story was just so...wow. Completely refreshing to read something that completely twisted the end thread and sewed it at the middle of the event ribbon (and in tasteful sentence construction, at that!) The cast was not out of character, and you got their personalities spot-on from Mrs. Robinson's quirkiness to Goob's rather pessimistic line of thought. Though, it really was a tad bit c