Reviews for Confrontations and Realizations
dennisud chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Wow, I read the original story and you already had this! Making Hermione seem not so smart is a bit stinging but in this case good. She got out of Ron's clutches and eventually got her life back!

Still I'd love to se the Trio go through the hunt and the final battle!

(Hint-Hint!)

;-)
Drifter950 chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
While Ron is not my favorite Rowling character by any means (Dumbledore is definitely higher on my dislike list), if he is treated properly, as in away from Hermione, I can live with him in a story.

Sadly, you have pointed out why most ex-law enforcement personnel that are sentenced to prison, are kept totally away from other prisoners. Mostly in solitary. Sadly, they almost never are trusted again, even after release. So what happened to Ron might have been a blessing.

Thank you for your story. I think it worth the time to read it.

May the MUSE always be with you!

~!
WBH21C chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Very nice!
Alorkin chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I hate that JKR killed off Amelia. Strategically it makes sense, but I still hate it! Since Amelia is Susan's guardian after her parents died, Susan has no one to turn to...but Rowling conveniently forgot that little tit-bit, too!

As much as I prefer the Harmony ship, I have to say that this version of Hermione was brutally accurate to canon. She was also way out of line. She has no business telling Harry what to do or not to do.

Good on ya, Harry! It's about time someone knocked Ron on his arse! *Gasp and swoon!* The boy can learn!

I think Harry and Hermione were the only ones who didn't see the love between them.

~Ronald has always been jealous of his older brothers and of Ginevra. He wants what he doesn’t have yet doesn’t do anything to earn it and has a tantrum if he doesn’t get his way.~“I never knew you were a bigot like Draco; in fact Ronald’s the same way,”~ In those three sentences you have clearly defined the flawed character that is Ronald Weasley.

Quite honestly, I have never seen anybody spanked in a nicer, gentler way.

~You and Ronald bicker constantly; your bickering will not diminish once you start having sex. In fact, it will probably intensify. Your children will be raised in a house filled with bickering; day in and day out. Magical marriages can last a hundred years, I believe the record is one hundred forty three years. Think about it.”~ Total agreement!

~Luna left the classroom and Hermione just stood angrily and said aloud to no one.

“How dare that little tramp say those things to me. Who does she think she is speaking like that to me? I’ve known Harry longer than she has. I know him better than anyone. I know what he needs even better than he does. I can’t believe Loony would use Harry like that. He’s hurting and she’s letting him touch her like a common slut. I would have expected that from a Slytherin but not her. What is she after? Don’t worry Harry, I don’t blame you. You’re just confused right now. I’ll fix everything Harry, don’t worry. I’ll save you; I always do. As for Ron, don’t worry. I can control him just like his mother does.”

Hermione composed herself and pulled a potions vial from her robes filled with a rose colored liquid. She smirked proudly to herself, replaced the vial then left the room. Things would be back to normal soon.~ Um...is this Hermione? Or Ginny? Unfortunately we tend to overlook the negative characteristics of those characters we like and enhance those of the ones we don't. Hermione is by no means an angel. she is sneaky and deceitful when she needs to be. In many ways she is the consummate Slytheirn. She has committed several serious crimes during the Hogwarts years, in the name of her idea of the 'greater good', and appears to believe that she is the only one who can tell what is right and what is wrong...Ohmygod! She's channeling Dumbledore!

~I don’t blame Harry for Ron’s mistake. He tried to play the hero and messed up royally. He said if Harry had been there his plan would have worked. He just wanted to show off and it cost him~ Wrong. It cost three good men their lives.

Huh! Even after 20 ears, Hermione still doesn't think much of Harry. Hasn't she ever herd of a 'Nom De Plume'?

~“Anastasia is twelve going on thirty.~ Yup! that's my little girl too!

~Our twin son’s are Lorcan Alexander and Lysander Allen.~ That's really interesting, because my family's ancestral name is O'Lorcain.

That actually did surprise me. While I am a proponent of the 'freelance pharmaceuticals' theory, I never considered Hermione to be the one who used them. Bad on me!

I honestly cannot see Hermione putting up with an abusive husband for one second...pureblood rules or not. First off, she's got a wicked right, and second, she would likely run roughshod over his limp and bleeding body.

Well, there's something she can use against Ron...assuming the rules don't change to 'except your wife'.

I'm surprised the Weasley's let her live. Potions 'experiments' are serious business!

Nice set-up. Oh BTW, in Britain, it's 'post a bond' not 'bail him out'.

As much of an asshole as Ron was, he really didn't deserve to die...especially not like that.

It might have been nice to include some of the early stages of Hermione's reacclimation with her friends.

A/N: Agreement. Ron's statement is one of the roughly twelve thousand things I despise about that pile of...typing. Why would Ron say his father would dislike the idea of is granddaughter marrying a pureblood? Arthur is the most egalitarian (if eccentric) man I have ever read about. He is a pureblood, his wife is a pureblood, his children are purebloods, his son in law is a half blood and his daughter in law is a muggleborne.

I grew up in the same place. Unfortunately the 'bickering' was usually all-out warfare. *Sigh!*

Yet another fine one-shot.

As always, a great pleasure.

Alorkin
Paladeus chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Hidy hidy,

Firstly, I'd have to say I'm not fond of the idea of Ron getting his mitts on Hermione. She's my favorite character and I only like her with Harry, to be honest. That said, this was still a decent fic.

Still, I like that Ron got killed. Very amusing.

Hermione, right after her confrontation with Luna, made me think she MAY have been a little on the psychotic side. It's a unique take to say that HERMIONE was slipping Harry love potions to get him with Ginny. Creepy and interesting, but unique.

I like the concept of pureblood etiquette about not hitting women. It correlates with a bit about "gentlemen's" rules or honor. It makes a lot of sense, after all. He wouldn't want to show himself as a mongrel unless he was in the middle of despicable things.

Paladeus

Kevin
witowsmp chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Another very good story.

I believe this accurately shows what Hermione's life would've really been like.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
The epilogue wasn't all bad, it did give us a new spell, the "Supersensory Charm".

Also, you're wrong. Bickering is the surest sign of love. That's why, if Hermione and Ron loved each other, then Draco and Harry must be soul mates, too. ;-)

(Or, maybe Miss, broken-home, Rowling knows as much about love as she does about physics.)
sweetgirl23 chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
I loved it. Way better than that crapilouge. Good point on Ron admiting to using magic on a muggle. I always love when someone writes a way better epilouge. Keep up the great work.
Wolfric chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Good story. Thanks for writing. W.
CoreEarth-Stormer chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Personally i think you read to much into the epilogue, When ron said he would disown his child if she were not sorted into gryffindor , he also said...no pressure... which screams of sarcasm as was the pure blood comment. In this ron shows that he can in fact joke about his own status as a pure blood.

He is winding his daughter up pure and simple it is a time honored tradition amongst fathers... my wife's father did it to her , my father did it to my sisters and god willing one day it will be my turn to wind my daughter up.

as far as parental bickering yes it sucks and it can mess them up but as sure as the sun sets in the west Hermione granger would destroy ron weasely utterly before letting anything happen to her children because between you and me ron is magically and intellectually inferior to Hermione their fight would escalate to physical violence once and only once and then ron would be obliviated (she did obliviate her parents its not a stretch)

those things being said i am a huge fan of harry and luna being together. While i might not agree with some of your character development ideas your story as a whole was an engging read for me and yes i especially like the part where ron goes to jail ...they should have obliviated him when he left the tent
NotaPunk chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
You are a very good writer even though I like Ron your observation have made me think.
old-crow chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Hi,

I enjoyed your 20 years after story and the original as well. Luna would share.

Perhaps its time for you to consider a longer story along the same storyline.

O-C
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
hey that was a brilliant companion piece to TLK
wizmage chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Great story, i like your stories. They tend to be unique.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Glad to see a happy ending for the girls and Harry at last, though it took awhile. I have to wonder, why was JKR so blasted unable to bend at the end, as it seems like she had the end written out years before, and then tried to mash everything together to make it fit? Too bad as a good series with some great parts ended on such a poor note.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »