Reviews for Sweet Dreams My Arse
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Good story and worth reading. Thanks for sharing!
badkidoh chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
it's great
dennisud chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
We need more New Trio stories like this! JKR got it so wrong with Ron & Ginny and I think she needs to reevaluate her views.

Hey it is her story but after the 5th bok it seems she was influenced by the almighty Dollar/Euro and certain book and motion picture producers who wanted more action and not enough true love!

dennisud
madbrad chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Good show. The anti-Dumbledore and anti-Ginny plots were a bit extreme - I'll happily accept that Ginny is only attracted to Harry for his fame, can't see him for TBWL and so forth, without needing to be told that she's sexually promiscuous and so forth - but overall I quite enjoyed the idea of Hermione discovering the truth before it was too late and offering Harry comfort.

A couple of things that I thought were particularly clever:

He also gave Harry a copy for his birthday; what kind of a man gives a book like that to someone to use on his own sister?

Great point!

I have to tell you that it was my fault Ron made the team that year; I confunded McClaggen.

I thought that admission came at a very good time; it stopped the conversation being all one-way, all Harry giving and Hermione taking (the truth).

However you seem to have forgotten that Hermione *did* admit to confunding McLaggen in HBP; I'm pretty sure she owned up to it with Harry, proceeding to say "you wouldn't have wanted him in the team anyway".

A nice story with some good anti-canon points!
noylj chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Good story, but Bumbles is still getting off too easy.

He should be in hell reliving every day of everyone whose life he effected for the worst.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
This story had potential but the dialog is juvenile. There are many needless canon errors that essentially create shallow, straw-men for the plot to attack. The actual, not OOC, characters and canon would have worked for this story's premise as so many other stories have shown.
kewr69 chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
great story
Inumaru12 chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
hehe i loved the ending. it was very good.
Alorkin chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
As with all your stories, I loved it. It seems every time I think I have all my complaints, objections, and beefs about the horrible way Harry&Co. were treated by Dumbledore, lined up, you come out with five more.

I thought in canon Harry's reluctance to comfort an obviously distraught Hermione, was one of the most callous things he could have done. Even if it led nowhere else, it would have shown he cared. Instead, JKR managed to show us that her version of Harry was as emotionally deep as Ron had been accused of being.

Lily's appearance in Hermione's dream was a nice Deus Ex Machina. You've used similar devices before, and they always seem to work well. Here, she shows both compassion for Hermione's loss and irritation at Hermione for her obtuse behavior.

Instead of jumping into the sack with Harry first thing, Hermione proceeds alonge a most Hermione-ish path, eliciting answers to her questions, before making her decision.

The final battle was in canon, a train wreck. Here, you've cut out the inconsistencies, (except Neville, but after a thousand years, he really could be an heir of Gryffindor. I heard the old rascal really liked the wenches!)

I really liked that you saved Fred. JKR killed off characters with the facility of Old-Crow, but without the reasons.

That Molly took the youngest to task was another fine shift. Of all his brothers, only Ron is unwilling to actually work. HE loves the adventure, but not the work. He left because he felt a full belly and a warm bed were more important that defeating a semi-immortal psychopath with delusions of godhood. Says something about him, neh?

Dumbledore is a bastard. Nuff sed there, eh?

The conversation with Dumbledore's portrait is so very typical of Dumbledore. "I'm sorry. I cannot tell you why I am the only one in th4e world who knows right from wrong. You must trust my judgment and only my judgment!"

Yeah, Right!

Hermione's idea of speeding up time to get by Dumbledore's security protocols, is absolutely brilliant. Of course, this IS Hermione.

The Ron/Ginny slapdown was well done, and Molly's intercession is a nice little twist to most stories. (Being the paranoid bastard that I freely admit am, I cannot help but think there were 'freelance pharmaceuticals' in use, in canon. That's the only really logical way to explain all the sudden changed throughout the last to books.)

As I have said before, Luna is one of my favorite characters, and holds the number two spot for Harry's love interest. She is such a wonderful breath of fresh air, I cannot help but like her. I think if I knew her personally, we'd get along perfectly.

There's a story called 'At the Lords Door' by Erastes, which has Dumbledore being soundly and properly basted by all the people he has killed through his negligence. You should look in to it. It's a very good read.

As ever, I thank you for a story well-told.

I have placed you on my very limited authors alerts list.

Alorkin
Anime Princess chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
LOVE IT!

I LOVE how Lilly Potter stuck it to Hermione for all her faults! I LOVE how Dumbles next great adventure is in a jail cell! LOL

POST MORE FICS ASAP!

I LOVE the threesome marriage too!

Love ya,

Sam
LovelySnakes chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
nice
Paladeus chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Hidy hidy,

I enjoyed the concept you have here. I think it could have made a better short story than a one-shot, but it works. I'd have much rathered a little development with Luna, though. Still, not all that bad. I just can't truly call this a H/Hr/L fic since there wasn't much beyond mentioning Luna in passing or there at the end where you said they were married.

Only dislike, really, was a lack of scene breaks.

Paladeus
witowsmp chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
This was an enjoyable story, although I'd still like to see one where Ron returns to find Harry and Hermione dating and leaves in a fit.
peregrine829 chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I'm afraid to say this really isn't up to your usual standards. A lot of the major points and sequences aren't really fleshed out at all and much of the fic is written as indirect discourse, as if you were relating a summary of a story you read elsewhere. Sorry.
Wolfric chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Good story. Thanks for writing. W.
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »