Reviews for The Long Away Mission
Kira-Hazel chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
It's a testament to your writing skills that I didn't get bored for the lack of romance. Though I have looked ahead in this series of sorts and I see there is some romance in store for my hopeless romantic heart. The characters were perhaps the most accurately written I have ever read them.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Awesome. It reads almost like a summary, though, I'd love to see it more fleshed out. Those two years went by pretty quickly. Great characterization, I loved the relationships you developed between the four characters. Best story I've read in ages.
Purple Cyphers chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
i'm still getting through all the VOY stories you have, but i just feel the need to ask... why are they all focused on Paris and Janeway?
TrekGames23 chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I really love your stories, you always make the characters believable. In this story I don't know who to feel more bad for Tom or Kathryn and it makes me wonder how everyone's relationships changed after they were all back; anyway keep up the good work -
one of the lost chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
That was pretty good, you did a very good job with the characters.
Hannah chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
A wonderful story, thank you so much! All the time while reading I was waiting for more J/C or J/P, but in the end it just turned out to be perfect the way it was. Very touching, I loved it.
sernity1806 chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
loved it! Hopefully once finals end I will be able to post my next chapter. I am planning on it so watch for: For Naomi update.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Very good story-I was surprised to read that Los Angeles was hot year round and didn't cool down some for winter, and frankly, in LA, someone with Chakotay's tattoos would be called 'brother' by every Samoan in town (and Tuvok could hire out for every fantasy movie with an elf in it).

Still, truly excellent.
CanonAntithesis chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
what a fantastic story! I can't believe I missed this when it was first posted. I absolutely loved the tom's angst, chakotay's angst, janeway's guilty angst. it was all wonderful. you created a great story and still kept everyone in character.
Hade chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
This story is quite intriguing, and a prime example of why I like your stories so much, generally. The idea is fine, if not particularly original, but the execution is stellar. The characters are very believable here. Unlike the versions of Tom and Kathryn in your last story (Celestial Navigation, right?), this Tom and Kathryn didn't come across as slightly off-base clones of themselves. Even Chakotay 's part in this was a logical and convincing progression of his part on the show, and given what I consider a general lack of good character development for Chakotay on the show, that's quite a feat. Last but not least, the sensitivity with which you describe their thoughts and feelings makes me think that if I had to be stuck somewhere remote with no obvious way home, I wouldn't terribly mind having someone like you around to keep me company. It's just a shame this one has only one chapter! :-)
CurlyHairedGirl chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I loved this story! I think your work is great! Thank you :)

x x x
Duffydog chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
A most intriguing premise,not one I've seen before. I like the way you've held the characters rigidly to canon and kept the emotions to a minimum; the understated approach works very well.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary S.
Steph chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Interesting. I think you captured the sense of isolation very nicely in this story. Well done.
ChiaroscuroXVII chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Excellent as always. I love how you wrote the friendship between Paris and Janeway
Starfleetbrat chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
That was really great. Not what I expected when I started reading it, different, but in a good way. I liked how you made it hard for them to live in the 20th C. For Tom especially, but for the others too. Great story! :)