Reviews for In Restless Dreams
gr8read chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Just a beautiful story. Timeless in it's quality. I have read it many times over and it never fails to move me.

Following you over to LJ.
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
How have I not reviewed this yet, lol?

My favorite line: "Why are you still breathing, Sam Winchester?"

Sam has angered me so much since S4, even after getting cleaned of the demon blood. I was utterly shocked by the venom he spewed in "Sex and Violence." Words are powerful - more painful than physical violence - and I don't think the show ever fully dealt with how those words hurt Dean, or depicted a Sam that was ever truly sorry for them.

I love Bobby in this fic. I love his 'voice'.

I only wish that we could have read what happened after Sam finally, gently, confronts Dean at the end. I would have felt better reading of Sam's 'about-face' - but this way it leaves it all up in the air - did he really change?

"I pray for your salvation," the angel says coldly. "And yet I fear I waste my time."

Having reached the end of S7, Sam still hasn't redeemed himself in my mind. Especially considering how silent and standoffish he's been the entire season, while Dean wallows in alcoholism, depression, and grief.

Thanks for this.
CarolAnnly chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
This just broke my heart. Thank goodness Bobby was around to try and knock some sense into Dean's little brother. Hated having to see Dean trying to go it alone. You sure do have a way with words, hon. Thank you.
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I'm reading your stories from the earliest here. The previous one and this one seem much maturer than the others. I'm looking forward to catching up with where you are now. I've just watched (courtesy Netflix) the first episode of season 4, where Dean is brought back from Hell, so reading your stuff is fitting in well for me. (If I keep this up I may not have to spend much time in my own universe at all.) Thanks.
ariex04 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Wow. This is heartbreaking. Sam being so cruel and heartless and Dean being so messed up... It's awful :(.

Now that I've said that: This is really well-written. You did a great job with it.
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I'm weeping too. Excellent story told with strong characterizations.

Many writers' touch on Sam's selfishness but this story really shows how detached from Dean Sam can be. Dean has to be strong and take care of himself because he is not always the top priority in Sam's mind and Sam sometimes is just a spoiled rotten kid who in this story pissed me off. It took an angel to open his eyes to what his brother gave to save him, what he felt and lost in hell for him. An angel - not Bobby a human who loves him and Dean like his own children, not the pain Dean showed him day and night. Yeah I'm weeping too!

Excellent story telling!
masondixon chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
I don't know how, but somehow I missed this story, On the one hand I am happy because it gave me something new to read from you. On the other hand I am pissed at myself for letting anything you write get pass me.

This had a different feel to it then your other stories; a sense of heaviness and cold sorrow. Perhaps because we get to see the relation between the two boys through Bobby's eyes and he feels the rage and pain we do at the way both Sam and Dean were at this time.

Always enjoy your stories and really appreciate some more whumped Dean here.

A belated Thank You.
95Lies chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
This is awesome, everything I wanted to write but couldn't. It's so well written and I'm so glad Sam finally gets to see what Dean went through. I have waited and waited for that to happen! Only one criticism: the amount of swearing - I've never heard anyone say 'the f word' on Supernatural. I get that it's kind of a dramatic situation, but the cursinf could be a little softer?

It speaks volumes that all I can criticise is the swearing though, I love your stuff. Keep it up! Twinky xx
penless chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
That was so. Freaking. Good.

What did it for me was how you portrayed Sam. You chilled my blood, for sure. It was so clear and so startling. It was like a punch in the face - but a punch that makes you go, "Holy crap. I just had my clock cleaned...but I liked it!". You totally jolted me in the best way possible. You brought in this darkness within Sam that I feel was really present in his character around this time. He and Dean were both messed up and isolated from each other. So yeah, not a happy time. I think what you did was pretty brave (cuz I think we can all agree that it's hard to bear the thought of those two being emotionally disassociated from each other) and accurate. So bravo! And then you gave Sam that revelatory moment and he fell to his knees before Dean. And then you finish the story with two strong, simple sentences. And I am a sucker for that - when the least amount of words invoke the most meaning and emotion. You know what I did then? I cried. And I am not an emotional reader. So way to figuratively kick my ass :).

Thanks so much for creating and sharing this with us. I am really looking forward to the next chapter of Never Come Back. In case I haven't made myself clear on this, I kinda LOVE YOU.
pronto chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Yes! Hugely satisfying in the wake of the many, many tags that managed to include the ultimate retcon: it's Dean's fault Sam said what he did, and Sam said it because Dean just doesn't understand him. Pass me the sickbucket, please.

Although we never saw anything like this onscreen it reads far truer than all of the apologism does, and Sam’s coldness is chilling because it is so prescient: this is indeed a Sam who would reject his brother for demon and try to kill him while doing so.
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
So sad, so dark...How everything about their relationship has become twisted...you write vivdly, your boys are convincing, although the distance you put between them is heartbreaking.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I liked this- really well written :)

Sam was a little too harsh I thought but thats just me- even though this season he's been dark...he's done it all for his brother- pushing him away to keep him safe and taking that motive, but I liked the portrayel of he thinks he can control it but he cant- i liked that angle

so nice fic hun :)

thanks
Tisha Wyman chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I think I experienced two separate emotions here. I wept for Dean. I wanted Sam to die and let him experience Hell. I don't know that he would have held up any better and I don't believe he is the righteous man. He's cruel. I have seen very little of the Sam I loved and Dean loved in the one that exists now. But, Dean still loves him and would do anything to save him. I sure hope they give those boys a chance to heal and bring their relationship full circle.

Thanks.
Ephemera2 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I love everything about this story. I too was really rocked by the cruelty of everything Sam said to Dean after the Siren episode, and his apparent failure to recognize deep trauma staring him right in the face. I wish that this story had been part of the episode. And more Bobby- what episode wouldn't benefit from more Bobby? Great work all around.
amyblair chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Really, Z? If I were Simon Cowell and this was American Idol, I'd only have to say to you - "Brilliant!"

Really liked the paragraph starting with "Soda, huh?". That entire portion was awesome.

Until I read the entire dream sequence with Bobby trying to deal with Dean's night terrors.

"He's rabbiting!" Oh, my God. I'm giving you such a big smile. LOVED this whole bit!

Loved 'the holy tax accountant'

Then the end. How heartbreaking and real and raw.

I've not seen anyone take this turn with the brothers yet - and it's coming - and I feel you did it nicely. You gave us Sam being very uncaring, very distant, Bobby giving him a lashing (because really Bobby is probably the only one who can), Castiel showing Sam what his brother went through and his brother... breaking.

You played Sam's revelation very well. Gave us a little idea that he felt some guilt. I dig that you let Sam go to him in the end with the "We have to talk about this."

I wanted more. Really, really, really great stuff here. I'm totally wow'd.