Reviews for Chronicles of Selfishness
Eliza Aacher chapter 2 . 5/18/2011
Excellent work on this! I love how these are written; the characterisation, your choice of connecting theme, and the final sentence at the end that brings it all together.

I particularly liked the 'Where's Penny?' line from the first chapter, and the distinction between Dr. Horrible's success and Billy's loss.

Good idea putting Captain Hammer on repeat too. I think you all the characters well, but I think Captain Hammer was very true to form in not being able to resist taunting Billy.

I look forward to the next chapter. :)
b1oom chapter 2 . 6/20/2009
GAH! This is totally brilliant! Time warps and whatnot. I can't wait for more!

{V}
Donteatacowman chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
A-ah. It may not have a happy ending but that's the beauty of the cycle: there's always the new day to try it again.

"...Dr. Horrible, dressed rather convincingly as a civilian..." Very in-character thought for Hammer. :) Of course he'd see it that way.

("...left alone or even slated for demolition"-it was going to be a parking lot, according to Penny. ;))

"There was something wonderfully melodious about taunting the Doctor. It was a constant in all senses of the word: a constant whispering in his ears, a constant satisfaction at watching Dr. Horrible squirm, a constant pleasure when he walked out that door with Penny at his side, not once looking back..."

Once again, in-character. Great look inside Hammer's head.

The little epilogue might be the best part. Excellent, excellent job. I expected it to be cliche (no offense) when I read the first paragraph, but you DIDN'T steal the Groundhog Day plot, instead twisting it around, and I commend you for it.
Red Bess Rackham chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
Oh, very cool! I liked the idea of Hammer a Groundhog Day situation. Neat idea! More soon. :D This was interesting and very well written again.

~Red
celticfox chapter 2 . 5/26/2009
...perhaps...

...the universe wants Penny to survive, for some reason? is she the future savior of the human race?

...or... perhaps... it is merely each character's worst nightmare? Billy, to find his perfect world gone horribly awry; Hammer, to be forced to confront the flaws in his own actions... or maybe you told me this before, I have forgotten...

...I think this is a much better and more interesting chapter than the first, possibly because I find Captain Hammer much more interesting.

I await the finale.
celticfox chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Ah, hello! Just found this. :D Um. It's me. You were telling me about this story earlier. And you're right, it is really good. Although... hm... just make sure you don't pile the angst on too much, that can get tiresome.

Um. Yes. Tis very good. And you are very wise to wait until you actually have something good to put up here, because a few years ago I posted all kinds of awful stuff which I am now regretting. So yeah. Good job. Waiting for the next chapter.
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Oh wow. Is there more? Tell me there's more! This was quite well written and intensely interesting. I'd love to know what specifically took place during those missing two years and what happened to cause him to lose the two years?

The last bit especially was compelling and wildly intriguing, and kinda gut-wrenching. The very last was GAH awesome.

More, please write more!

~Red
Qualia Des chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Really interesting first chapter! I can't wait to see where you go with this story. :)
Kaydance chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Oh my... Great oneshot, with a painful little sting at the end. Such is the life of a supervillian, I suppose.
ArellaoftheLuvara chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Oh wow! Now *that* was brilliant! I like Billy's reactions to everything going on- particularly at first when he's too sleepy to notice his apartment became a beach-side mansion "overnight". xD I'm wondering why Moist's first desire is to go rob a bank, though? Plotwise I can see the desire for some fun action, but realistically wouldn't it be smarter to stay inside for a bit and reeducate Billy or something? So he acts "normal" if/when he runs into any of the ELE?

Or perhaps Moist just wants to distract Billy, enjoy the 'good ol days' again. Too bad Billy's a tad sharper than that:

“Moist?”

“Yeah?”

“...Where's Penny?”

Excellent ending. Update soon!
OtterPotter chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Wow. That was amazing! I really loved the ending. What an amazing story!
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
I like your disclaimer. :D Little afraid of lawsuits?

*reads it*

...

*squeals*

Awesome! Really, really awesome! I love this so far! Poor, poor Billy...

You ARE planning to update this, aren't you! :o

Thanks bunches for writing! Totally great job! :D
iolah chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Oh, poor Billy. He would freak if he knew what he was going to become beforehand. Wonderfully written, I love how Moist is reacting to him. Update soon?
idioticonion chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
O, interesting structure and I'm curious to see what the Doc will do now he's lost an entire two years of evil goings on!

Great set up and I can't wait to read part II!