Reviews for Breaking Point
MiniLover chapter 2 . 3/10/2015
Not sure how I feel about this story. Maybe would have liked it if the 'punishment' hadn't gone quite as far or if Eric had shone the slightest amount of regret.
beth626 chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
forget about those flaming reviews...i thought this was an awesome fic
ficwriterjet chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
Lovely story. I enjoyed it very much.
Katherine Westwood chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
I think they should have had make-up sex, but that's just my opinion. This was really good.

~AngelOfTheUndead2
coldheat chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
loved it
coldheat chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Northman Maille chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
I don't think for one minute you are condoning violent or abusive relationships. Unless you know any vampire/human couples? Oh wait, there's no such thing as a vampires right? ;)

It is hard sometimes not to over analyse fiction and to attribute the beliefs of the characters to the author. What if I wrote a non fan fiction story about a racist man who had no friends and was sacked from every job he ever had for his bigoted beliefs?

If he got his just desserts for his behavior, shunned by his neighbours or saved by an African American doctor then readers would think I was punishing him for his uneducated beliefs and I wouldn't be a racist.

Say though, I had him meeting like minded individuals, profiting somehow from his bigotry and having a full and happy life?

I may use all the horrible terms for ethnic minorities in both stories but I would probably only get flamed for the second.

My point is, whatever I wrote, I would still be the same me. A person who loathes and despises those who are prejudiced against others on the grounds of race, nationality or colour.

I've gone on a bit :) but we need to remember that Eric isn't human now and when he was, this type of punishment could have been normal. We don't consider things to be wrong if everyone around us, without exception, does the same. I could go on about Sookie risking their lives...

I think what is hard for a modern human female to accept about the actions of an ancient vampire male is that the word 'no' doesn't seem to make a difference to Eric. If Sookie had said "I refuse to let you punish me", he would have done it anyway. His reaction afterwards, finding it funny that she was uncomfortable in the car, shows this.

Sookie will either realise he is what he is and she needs to adjust her behaviour accordingly, or marry a nice, normal human like Hoyt.

I enjoyed it very much, sorry I have focused on other things, you write Eric with great insight. Sookie's confusion and humiliation was perfectly realistic too.

Thanks for writing.
LB123 chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
Nice resolution, or semi-resolution. She's disturbed by the bit she did enjoy, and still unsure how to handle him thinking he could treat her like that to make his point no matter how badly she behaved. He doesn't seem at all repentant, but I think he might live to regret that when it interferes with how she reacts to him in the future. Some lines you can't cross and then step back behind... like I said: interesting!
LB123 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Well, I could see how this might be taken in the wrong way. I don't mind BDSM stories when both parties are enjoying what they're doing, but I think the sticking point in this is that he did take control of her and physically punish her, beyond anything that brought her pleasure, for her behaviour. It points out the conundrum many females have of enjoying the playful idea of being dominated, but not really wanting our will to be disregarded.

One thing I concede right away, is that Eric comes from an era when I would assume this sort of thing would be considered par for the course. And his actions would have been considered perhaps benevolent. And I feel his pain on the whole Sookie-flips-out-and -acts-like-an-immature-brat thing. It drives me crazy in the books. I do think he could have sat her down and perhaps not allowed her to leave until he made her hear what he had to say. That probably would have been enough. But I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY respect your right to explore this in fiction. It is interesting to think through how she would react and how they might get past it. Interesting stuff! Thanks!
Layne2 chapter 2 . 11/24/2010
Good story! I liked it. I certainly never saw anything to flame about.

Maybe I was wishing for some snarky payback from Sookie. I hoped to see Sooky void Eric invitation to her house. Eric would walk backwards out of her house with his pants around his ankles. But that would just keep the fight going and she did start it.

I enjoyed it the story a lot. Thanks so much for sharing.
SookieEriclover chapter 2 . 10/26/2010
hahahah eric yum
SookieEriclover chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
yah! they finally confessed their love:)
teewhy1977 chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
me and like 10 of my friends are sooooo bummed you left this at only 2 chapters! we wanted eric to get angry again and punish sookie! maybe you will change your mind or start a new story .. like the education of sookie stackhouse.. start her as a virgin with eric and carrie through the chapters till shes in the basement at fangtasia! kind of like her lessons! so hot! good ol dominant eric! your fans , Noelle , Jamie , Carrie , savein , Alicia , and jenna
Dizzyxx chapter 2 . 9/25/2010
I don't know... She's definitely lucky all he did was spank her. I, for one, have wanted to strangle her on numerous occasions, but that's just me P lol.

She's way too stubborn for her own good, but I suppose that's part of her charm... and dammit, I love her all the more for it!
TwilightGuru09 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Yeah he had to get her attention before she would listen. Then she could hear exactly what she wanted to hear even though she never expected him to come right out with it. Good job. Loved it.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »