Reviews for Angels of Death
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
It makes sense now! And I finally got to actually read the whole thing. You definitely captured the emotion on great care involved. Thanks, OC.
verkisto chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
It is interesting how Jayne is the one to state the underlying sentiment that all the men share. It shows how beneath the gruff exterior that he wears to survive, there is a level of sensitivity and possibly sophistication.
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Nice. Like it a lot. Given that the decendants of "Earth that was" come from a blended culture, the Eastern flavor is very appropriate. Thanks!
Wepdiggy chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Aw...tender Jayne. I loved this OC! Very sweet.
The Blue Fenix chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Wah!

Or to unpack: beautifully done, not a word out of place. I'm especially glad Zoe was able to lay out Wash, hopefully will be very healing for her.

Also, wah.
Junakirii chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Utterly beautiful.
Lil' Dinky chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Very good. I will admit to tears in my eyes at Jayne's last line. I'm not sure why- but it really affected me.
Musafir chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Wow! That was a great story. I was prepared to be totally depressed, but it wasn't. That is really hard to pull off writing about death with the appropriate sadness, but not being depressing.

It is awesome how you took an "old west" thing, women, preparing the dead and brought it to Firefly, where of course it fits perfectly. It's also great way to showcase the "crew as family theme". I beleive that even Joss would give you a thumbs up for that idea.

I also loved how Jayne is the one that comments rather than the others. ('course I love Jayne, so I'm biased) Why did you have Jayne comment? Why Jayne specifically? Because all the guys would have valid reasons to comment. Simon, as a doctor dealt with death. Mal gets shot the most, and is a war vetran. Finally, Jayne, has arguably the most dangerous job as "public relations"

Bonus points for using spell check and not having glaringly bad grammar mistakes.

My Grammar Nit-picks:

I would recommend joining paragraphs 4 & 5 into one paragraph. I’m not an English major and this is fiction, so it’s just a suggestion :)
Adri chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Simply lovely. Very moving and I could see it happening, the imagery was so perfect. Thank you.