Reviews for Gone
LuluCalliope chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Oh, no, this wasn't out of character at all.

Beautiful, touching, sacred, and well-written...all of these words can be used to describe this one-shot.

You wrote this a while ago...and I would have liked to see the rest of the movie told from Curdie's point of view...ah, well...

Great job!
Pure-Lyfe chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Yay for TPatG fanfiction! :D

I can imagine Cudy's thoughts being like this, it broke my heart when he cried. :(
InkHeart17 chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
This is wonderful! Good stories for this fandom are so hard to come by. Favorite part was the paragraph beginning with "But Irene was more than that!" and all the quotes in Curdie's memories.
Leafpool chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
i liked your story. Please write more.
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
I just saw this movie this evening for the first time in maybe 10 plus years, and it brought back so many childhood memories! I felt like I just had to see what they had for fanfiction, and I'm glad found this short piece. I think you captured Curdie's emotions well, and they seem realistic for what someone in his position would be feeling at the time. Good work :)
Alika Jones chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I LOVE IT! You should definatly write more because this category of fan-fiction is very small and should be added to. Hope to see more from you soon. Thanks for the great story!
WickedSong chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
This was so sad but so beautifully written. In my faves.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Karin, that simply brilliant! I loved how you flushed out this scene.

Curdie's thoughts while racing to Irene's room were totally believable, in my opinion. I'm sure he was torn up inside with fear over what had happened to her, though the cartoon didn't really give us a hint to just what he felt. I felt for him so much as he swung from blaming himself to wanting revenge on Froglip for hurting her.

Wonderful descriptions, especially this part:

"There was no smile to greet him. There was no hand to reach out to him. There was no chance to apologize to her for what he had said earlier. There was no chance for her to fulfill her promise to him that she had made when they first met in what seemed so long ago.

"There was no Irene. Only tears sliding down his face.

"Because she was gone."

A very moving ending.

Great job done! I hope you will write more this fandom. :D

P.S. Those two quotes from Maeterlinck and Irving were powerful; they completed this nicely, opening and closing it.
Heidenroslein chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Oh... i remember this movie from when iwas little.. *squee* sounds interesting, please continue to write more.. please
Illiobillium chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Well, I'd like to start by saying you're an excellent author; you manage to get the image across beautifully, and the words and phrases flow beautifully together without fault.

Furthermore, you are able to make me (a Froglip/Irene shipper, much to my own amusement and mild self-disgust) actually feel sorry for Curdie in this short one-shot (without making him seem downright pathetic in the attempt).

You make his thoughts and feelings believable, is what I'm trying to say.

In short, well done. C:
lar lindor chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Nicely done. My wife and I love that book! I haven't seen the movie, forward to more chapters.

Lar Lindor