Reviews for Scratching the Box
0Anonymo0 chapter 24 . 11/8/2013
Who would've thought that a story about anthropomorphic animals could be so great? Not only that, but you stuck to this and blasted out 200k words about something very few people would look for, and that takes a lot of perseverance. This definitely deserves much more attention, but whatever the case, you've definitely earned my respect.
That-SONICxDASHIE-guy chapter 23 . 10/30/2013
This was so so amazing! So many feelings and emotions spiked in my mind and soul. Oh Lord I love this story so much , ugh, I wish there was more to read about Sonic and Nicole. I have just recently became interested in this ship. God ... I love you for the .:)
Frost the Renamon chapter 24 . 10/14/2013
This is one of the. Best stories that I have read I could not put it down (read it in 3 days) and i do agree that Nicole is a very unused, but still interesting character that I would like to see implemented in more future releases so thank you for the excellent story once more.
reaper11 chapter 24 . 7/3/2013
Very good I liked the story alot
Guest chapter 24 . 5/14/2013
This is one of the most entertaining stories I've read in a long time. You did an amazing job.
HyperText chapter 24 . 2/1/2013
I always get to know all the characters before I read about them. Nicole is my favorite due to her being a computer. I program in more languages than I have fingers. (I have a passion for computing.) However, I can't write. Instead, I cheer authors on from the sidelines.

If you want to know more about me, I'm PythonNut from (look for me in the computer science forum). Send me a message if you want.

Thank you for knowing about technology. Many authors here just invent stuff on their whims. You don't. My only major problem is the use of Windows on the mainframe. Windows doesn't run much of the supercomputing world, Linux does. (Linux is better for Nicole because she can acess her own source code. On Windows, that would be harder.)

Thank you for caring for obscure characters. They need the love. I feel like 99.9 % of this huge archive is about only the most famous characters (sonic, amy, tails). It's a shame. You've lifted part of it with this epic.

Thank you for writing this. 200k is a lot. It's extremely rare. Four years of your life is a vast commitment. (On a side note, you could make a killing in oneshots or shorts [or normal docs too] of the time after Nicole and Sonic take their "vacation".)

Thank you for thinking about this. You've obviously thought the plot out. Your writing and manipulation of the reader (me!) is superb. The scene where Nicole held off the whole world from a console is the greatest scene in all of Fanfiction.

Let me finish with this:

This is a gem. You deserve 10,000 reviews. Thank you for caring, Thank you for writing,

Thank you.
ERA OF ERICK chapter 24 . 1/30/2013
This is the BEST story I've ever read in my life! I will always re-read this magnificent story when I have spare time. I just want to thank you for finishing this story to the end, I hope to see more stories of great quality like this story from you. Until next time...
- ERA
Guest chapter 24 . 1/22/2013
i love it all u dude r awsome u have got great talent. plz one day make a sequel its just that good.
Leon29 The Wolf chapter 24 . 11/5/2012
i hope u make a sequel for this story.
Christiansoldier5 chapter 6 . 10/9/2012
holy christ!

i mean, i thought at first this was going to be some cookie cutter half-grade copypaste romance that i've seen before.

but the whole "this is a new person" gig really caught me on

and then the whole "nicole kinda sorta maybe don't know turns evil..." wow. did not see that coming.

you're on a roll here, potential 8/10 stuff. keep up the effort... oh wait. the stories finished.
MrKG chapter 24 . 9/23/2012
well done i've being following this story still chapter 8 and i'am very sad to see come to a end this is one of the best storys i've ever seen on this website you put so much effort into this and all i can say is thank you so very much
VulpineSnow chapter 24 . 9/23/2012
Hm... interesting. Everything's resolved, it seems...

A shame I didn't get to see more interaction of Barby and Tails, but... well, one, not my story, and two, it was a good story regardless, and including more interaction of those two would take away from the central plot.

So... good luck on your other projects.
Tails absolution chapter 24 . 9/23/2012
Its over its finally over. I had not ever consider this type of idea would even be made possible by someone who hasn't work for the Sonic Team or SEGA. I read this story four months ago and already it seems like I was reading it for four years. I have found new Respect for Nicole and for Science Fiction, Back then I found Nicole a hard character to work because my style ran more on emotional characters like Tails, Amy, and Mina but now I found a little at ease to see that Nicole isn't as difficult as she my appear to be.

I do have a question though: If time Travel is forbbien does that mean Sliver is putting the world at risk because he tampers with the past to save the future?

Now on to my Review: This story is amazing someone that most Sonic Fans don't even know or care about, cloaked in a veil of mystery had so much potential perhaps greater then the main heroes. Most Fanfics I seen reuse the same plot over and over again but this is new it was birthed from a canon yet grew up into originality. The characters were a darker verison of themselves almost somber in mood as the end drew near. I like how you made everything focus on Nicole, but Sonic could have used a little more spotlight. The description was very good actually it was expert's level. You are a master of your craft. But I am sorry to say that the Ant-Bunnie story won by a few feet, Why because there was no Fillers as much as I like Bride of Conquering Storms and Lighting and Ixis this could have been a diffrent chapter. I know it was important to advance the plot but what about Eggman it seems he was left out in the cold. Because out of all the Villains that came Eggman had done the most damage yet we rarely hear about him. Was he in a hibernation chamber all that time until four days ago?

My grade for your master peice would be a 93. so many things happen in the chapter that could have been made their own Chapter like Rotor reading the CDs could have been a chapter in itself.

I love this story and wait for the Anti Bunnie Remark. Oh I'm so excited.
Cheezel1993 chapter 24 . 9/22/2012
Amazing story my friend! There aren't many stories around with Nicole as the main character, and that makes it all the better :) Definitely going in with my favs :)
starfighter-105 chapter 24 . 9/22/2012
Well I have to say that this was one of best fanfics I've ever read, It's sad to this see this finally end but that's just the way of things. Congratulations on a job well done. Take care.