Reviews for Thoughts & Connotation
Dead Turtle chapter 2 . 9/9/2015
Sure, there's no definite proof that Jim and Aanon were reincarnations of Sesu, but I think the story would be much better if they were. The tragedy of not being able to receive Tina's love, even when Soren wasn't there...

And Jim said the same thing as Sesu, how they were no place for them in Tina's heart.
Dead Turtle chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
"Judging from episode 16, I believe Tina had feelings for Sesu (she actually ran everywhere just to find him right? Her calling his name was full of eagerness and emotion, which normal friends can not be)"

They're indeed not just some normal friends.

They're siblings.

Sesu was brotherzoned.

"Nobles, to him, were arrogant jerks (except the ones he considered friends)"

"Soran didn't love the princess 'till she openly defended him in front of those nobles."

Whoa, whoa, this is what I call filling the blanks. Canon doesn't exactly refuse these assumptions, but that doesn't mean they're true.

"Though Sesu loved Tina that much, he'd NEVER told her once. "

Hmm, you know what? That's an interesting point. I don't think his other reincarnations were ever shown telling their feelings to Tina either.

"To be honest, if Soran didn't found her at that time, Sesu would do it eventually, considering the kind of person he is and what the princess means to him."

Well, of course.

"I wonder if Sesu could say he loved Tina in the first place, would she reconsider her feelings? However, that will certainly lead to another unsolvable dilemma or even sadness to Tina, and he would rather die than see her tears."

Indeed.

"Sesu did everything just for his princess: he always caught her voice, listened to her talking, soften by her begging, and gladly sacrificed himself for her life...

"He loves her deeply and wants nothing but her happiness." - quoted from wikipedia.

...whereas she didn't hear his voice, even badly wounded him in both emotionally and physically, and she knew nothing of that."

This is another point for Tina loving Soren more.

"And so he unconsciously commited a horrible error out of desperation. You still couldn't blame him though. Considered the situation he was in (badly injured because of risking his life saving the princess and then watched his friend took her away), if you were him, could you stand such bitterness?"

Agreed.

"Later on, he himself (as Thomas) was the one who came to the Zone to rescue Helga-Tina (episode 26) Knowing he may lose his life in the process, his determined eyes showed no sight of regret. To my mind, Sesu's tear was not only because of his killing Soran, but also because his deed would surely lead to Tina's grief. He was so afraid of causing Tina sorrow. He suffered so much that Thomas frequently got nightmares / a bad headache or a sharp pain in his chest on a glimpse of his past life (episode 2, 8, 13, 20, 26)"

Yeah, that explains the scene where Thomas just stared at Helga while she was sleeping.

"The moment he said farewell to her was the climax of the story, and maybe it was the 1st time he had ignored Tina's plead. His face remained placid, but his eyes somehow filled with subtle sadness. He said to atone for Soran's death, but in reality, he believed he had lost everything to live for after his confession. Tina would hate him. He could neither expect Tina to forgive him, nor stand seeing her sad. His only choice was to leaveā€¦never to return."

Exactly.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/27/2011
meh i thought it was fulfilling for sess to be able to let her go, thats heroic
Chibipinkbunny chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Oh my gosh, you almost made me cry. I was trying so hard not to. You brought back all of my emotions from that anime series! Oh, I was so sad for about a week :( It's interesting because there are a ton of discussions and forums on the love between Zack/Aerith, Aerith/Cloud, and Cloud/Tifa from FF7 but hardly any on FC. After I finished the anime Fantastic Children I searched in vain for an intelligent analysis like this! I never found it, well not until now. Where were you 7 months ago? Lol, well I'm glad I found this now at least. I think she actually might have fallen out of love with Soran given the normal course of time. That happens a lot with love. You're in love with someone, and it becomes comfortable, and then someone new and exciting comes along and you fall in love with them. However, the new and exciting person eventually becomes comfortable, and then you find out that the person you really loved was your first love. Something like that actually happened to me, and I'm married to my first boyfriend. I broke up with him though because I fell for another guy, but then I saw how much my first boyfriend really loved me and how much I loved him. Now I'm happily married to my first boyfriend _ Well, I think I'm going to have to take a break before I read the rest of your FC stuff. Lol, that was pretty heavy, deep, and insightful.
Luca chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
You're great!:)
Neohin your 1 Fan chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I couldn't agree more. He gave her everything and received nothing but pain in return. Such a tragic story, but there are many people that way. Hidden feelins are never good, they slowly turn into something dangerous.

D:
pAmC94 chapter 2 . 5/23/2009
*WOW*

gr8 summing up...really liked it...u brought up many points which i had never even noticed...even though i'm an avid fan of FC _

P. someone plz plz tell me where i can read FC manga online (in English)?
Luluka chapter 2 . 3/18/2009
*sniff* How great!I can't stop crying at this point, your amazing!
Luluka chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
I like your analysis a lot, how nice of you! ;)
Alice lautner chapter 2 . 2/12/2009
awesome ,i know the anime should have ended better with thomas and helga getting together or something, it seems unfair even to think that she mght end up with soren after all that thomas and herself went anyway we still can create stories for them. after all we have been blessed with fanfiction.i hope you write more stories for sesu/thomas and you do you've earned one dedicated reader!keep up the good work!
namn namn chapter 2 . 2/11/2009
Your analysis was thorough and your points came across clearly. One can really tell that you know FC very well and that you like the series quite a lot. Well done!

If you're interested in another series with a similar love triangle, I'd recommend "Vampire Knight". The setting and circumstances are different but the required struggle and angst is there.
XxSimplicityxX chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
hmm I understand your reasoning, But I still think TinaxSoran is cuter XD

You have to keep in mind, that only Soran's voice, the voice Tina truly loved, was able to snap her out of her " weapon" state.

That, and Tina and Soran's promise lasted over so many years, she stayed true to Soran, waiting for him as Christina and Serifine.

She kept the promise she made with him, and that was a promise of love that connected them through out time and space.