Reviews for Meet the Friendly Neighborhood Monster
DazzledByNorrington chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
ohmygod.

*hands you Pulitzer Prize*

This was brilliant!

I would love to see more if you got it, like, cuz since this is pretty much how he changed her to Harley Quinn...id like to see what happens next. More on how they start off and stuff, ya know?

But anyway, you're a genius. :D
mr jokey joke-maker chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
i remember that song, and great fic btw
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
This is an exceptional piece of work. Did you hear me? Exceptional. Your eye for detail and your keen awareness for intriguing dialogue and smart vocabulary are just one of the few reasons why this one-shot stands out far from the rest.

And speaking of dialogue, I must tell you how much I enjoyed the Joker’s. You made his logic seem scarily…plausible—something I have never seen an author do quite as well as you did. I mean, the whole time the Joker was talking and explaining things to Harley, I couldn’t help but find myself…actually agreeing with most of everything the Joker was saying. I mean, it was so frightening logical for a man who claims to have no logic at all. It all made sense. And that was scary—but in a totally, totally good way. You truly made the Joker’s personality come to life, which I totally loved. You not only captured the Joker’s mannerisms, (something that isn’t too difficult to do, if you’re a good writer,) but like I said before, you also captured his personality, and you wrote it so incredibly well.

I have two favorite quotes from this chapter, and the first one is this: “I force people to think, break them out of their socially ordained preconceptions, their gray, boring ways of seeing the world.” –Wow. That is just . . . sheer . . . brilliance. I love the whole concept or general idea of the Joker presenting the people of Gotham with hard problems to solve. For instance in The Dark Knight with the ferry scene: the Joker forced the people on the ferries to make a very tough decision. Would the ‘good’ people save themselves, or would they blow up the inmates of Arkham, the criminally insane—the murderers. Talk about a tough situation. Anyways, my point is, I thought you worded that phrase beautifully. It was as if Christopher Nolan had written it himself. You have my utmost praise on that one.

And my second favorite quote? Definitely this one: “Oh, Batty is a little bit of both. He’s on this…impossible crusade to prove the innate goodness of human nature, even after I went through so much trouble to help him understand The Truth. If he was just an idealist, he would have killed me to save all the innocent people that I might kill in the future, and, because people who do such heroic things know they’re better than people like me, out of misplaced sense of self-righteousness. Instead, he kept me alive so he could prove me wrong. That’s not heroism, that’s desperation. He needs to believe that people are innately good, or everything he did would be for nothing. The world, the world he created when he became Batman, would end.” Again—wow. If I really liked the other quote where the Joker ‘forces people to think’, well, then, this one was just . . . phenomenal. I mean, absolutely stunning. I’m in awe. In this whole monologue of the Joker that you have created, your readers have come to the frightening realization that the Joker really is a smart and exceptionally brilliant man. And that’s kind of scary to think about. The Joker in general is a very, very terrifying man, he’s just got this chilling aura that surrounds him, and you captured that so well I was nearly ecstatic. I was like “Dang, this author really knows what she’s doing!”

In a nutshell, I thought this was totally awesome, and I, for one, do not understand in the least why you don’t have more reviews; you certainly deserve them, that’s for sure.

Oh, and the ending? It was great, absolutely great. I just really liked everything about this.

Great job, please keep up your wonderful work!

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours

Ps. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention this: normally, I hate when authors add song lyrics before the beginning of their fic (even more so if it’s DURING the fic,) but the lyrics to the song you chose just fit so perfectly well with the Joker that I couldn’t help but be in awe. I mean, the words really, really, fit him. Well done, well done.
Miz. Jynx chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Woah...*stares in amazed awe* O,O That was great! XD. I loved it much I'll read it again! I really hope insparation strikes! (strike damn you strike!) _
AnonyMiss J chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
I had actually read this when you posted it, and was interested to read another chapter. You're off to a good start.