Reviews for Inertia
winterchild94 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I love this.
freebirdforever chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I've been doing spring cleaning of my favorites for a while now, and I always linger on this story. Why keep it, when I no longer follow the pairing? It's been years since I've seen the movie.
But, to be completely honest, I can never follow through with it. Even now, when I reach "Don't leak. Why are you crying?" I can't help but cry myself! I just wanted to say that this story is one of the few unique viewpoints and narratives I've read on this site, and I wanted to thank you for posting it where I can enjoy it :)

Emma
Tilly chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Oh man, I nearly cried! I love the style you put this story in. It's refreshing and wonderful for the mind. Great work!
addict04 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Wow. Seriously, just wow. There are no words.

This was perfect. And heartbreaking. I wasn't expecting much when I started looking for fic in this fandom, but you just blew me away. This is pure genius. I love the impersonal narrator, I love how I did't get much of what's going on until halfway through, love how you managed to convey such emotion even through the alien narrator(s).

Off to find more of your work!
xxChibiEchoInTheNightxx chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Amazing piece! I was a bit confused in the beginning but everything began falling into place. I agree with the last person who made a review: very refreshing indeed (:
KrnYong chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Amazing. Confusing at first, but as i realized what was happening, it became so sad and poignant. I loved the "dont leak" and how the aliens couldnt understand why she was so upset
Ariel-Mystic-Siren chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
I loved this it was awsome1 Great job
ariel chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I love this one-shot. Your writing style is quite refreshing. I always thought the chemistry between Klaatu and Helen was great. When I watched the movie I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't even a kiss... yeah, I know, I guess I am a hopeless romantic ;)) In a way I understand why nothing more happened but for some reason I was just hoping for a bit more.

I read that one of your reviewers criticised the fact that no one acknowledges Mr Benson. I understand, where this reviewer is coming from, however... Helen doesn't want Jacob to think that another man can replace his Dad, because no one can! It doesn't mean that she will never have another man in her life, just that it'll be different. A step-dad will never be the real dad. Jacob was just afraid that his mum had forgotten about his dad, that's why he was so upset. Helen wasn't looking for a father for Jacob when she befriended Klaatu.

Thank you so much for this touching story.
Bia T. Mey chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
man, this thing brought me to the brink of tears... make a sequel or something...
The Phantomess of the Opera chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
awe, that was sad... i dont want her/him to forget
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Let go of it, Helen! Don't do it!

Wow, the language here was great. A little confusing in the beginning b/c I didn't know what was going on, but as the story unfolded it made sense perfectly. And it was beautiful, I gotta say.

LOVED the descriptions of what Klaatu now dreams. It was very romantic.

And his fellow aliens seeming incomprehension of those feelings he had was interesting. Though they seem not so much like they don't *understand* love, but more like they think that Helen can't reciprocate, that she's incapable of their level cus she's human. I am guessing the reason Klaatu is even away from her in the first place in this fic-verse is b/c they made him leave.

Ah, those aliens still think they are superior enough to decide things about us. Such arrogance. Seriously, once I realized what was going on and what they were doing, it just made me keep thinking to myself "And who are they to decide that? What right do they have?" Especially after they revealed they were blocking his memories of his dreams. This was really a feeling I got about the actions of the aliens in the movies as well. I saw them just coming in and passing judgment like that wihtout even announcing their intentions or trying to communicate as equals as evidence of just the kind of arrogance you portrayed here.

lol So, yeah...way to keep them in character? :D (Maybe I think too hard about these things...?)

I hope Klaatu remembers anyway or Helen refuses to do as they want her to or something. Would serve those jerks right. :P

I'm off to read your AU now, b/c this seems really interesting. :)
Frenchiegirl chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
so sad.
T-U-X-I-D-O-G-R-E-Y chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
I understood what the fic was about perfectly fine...it was pretty easy to understand.

The thing I don't get however about stories like this is the fact that no one seems to ackowledge Mr. Benson (Helen's late husband) or what she told Jacob in the film: No one was going to replace his dad.

I also find that Klaatu's character is a tad bit too complex to be weakened by human emotions. And how do we know he doesn't already have a mate? I mean, it was just a human body.

Otherwise the writing is very neat and it was an interesting read. I think it would be nice though if you could post the backstory. That way I won't mind so much - I just want to see this relationship grow...at least.
galiger12 chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
i would've like it more if it carried out further.

i don't think it's the best one-shot just because

it ends more like a multi chaptered fic should...*shrug*

im like: what the hell happened next?

but i'll never know i guess...
Silvara chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I like your chapter so much it hurts. Can you imagine how dear I hold the hope of reading something as good, interesting, pertinent and intimate (in an alien sorta way :P) ?

Thank you for giving this to the shippers !

Thank you for bringing this to the fandom !

This own little grand chapter was a dream in itself, a feeling of sacrifice (in many ways, aliens or not), of purity, of poetry (Oh I love the poetry...)

I was one lone and intense tear in the eyes.

And that is something.

It was something that I won't forget. Congratulations for this 'first contact'.

I know I did not give any weak points away, but-but, I was too enthralled in the mechanic-poetic-flow of the dream to pay much attention. I'll try to be more objective next time.

PS: Do NOT erase this dreamy-trip you put in my head ! Oh, no... Rather continue showing me more... m(_ _)m

And just because I can't stop writing to you: if you really have more texts with such quality, you can't keep them to yourself, (yourselves ? :P) Be human and share the goodies with a desperate fan, girl ! xD 'Kay I'll stop the insanity there for now cause I must have left a thousand spelling errors already.