Reviews for The Night Sky
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Dining etiquette tips from a shadow assassin. LOL
Yorushike chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
I love this story. I always find it interesting to read about the thoughts of those who fought with Himura. Especially since Hiroaki isn't some I believe in the good in him kind of guy but looks at Kenshin the same as all the others. The whole story has a very dark, almost distant feel to it. As if you experience it through a veil, but in a good way. I don't think that the people who lived and fought during the Bakumatsu or any war for that matter atually during the war fully realize what is happening, the terror they are experiencing, so I think the way you desribe it in this story is very realistic.
Just said that you did not continue further, after Tomoes death. That would have been very interesting.
Failing Mentality chapter 6 . 10/31/2011
I rarely read Kenshin fics to honor the memory of the beautiful story, but this was done very well. Thank you for the honor letting me read it.
Eternal Love's Eclipse chapter 6 . 12/1/2010
I really don't have the words to adequately praise you. Don't make me wait too long for an update!
SirenAlpha chapter 6 . 11/13/2010
It was a good thing you expanded from that first chapter. It was clearly meant as a one shot, and it was generic to the point of cliche, but very well written. The later chapters definitely improved the story and were enjoyable to read. Good work and thank you for sharing!
oro-oro chapter 6 . 10/30/2010
Wow! I really like Bakumatsu fanfics, and this is one of the best I've read in a while! I think Kenshin is perfect, but Hiroaki needs more... individuality. He could be anyone; he needs one special personality trait. Well, either way, I love this fic! Thanks for writing it! :D
DonSani chapter 3 . 6/7/2010
I love your writing style. Your imagery makes everything so clear. I actually feel as though I'm in the streets of Kyoto during the Revolution when I read this. You're really talented.

I gotts feel sorry for Kenshin though. I can't help but think that he's a lonely little boy behind his ice-cold stare. I think he needs a friend.

DonSani chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Wow, nicely written.

Poor Kenshin though. It must be horrible to be feared all the time.
WolfDaughter chapter 6 . 5/16/2010
Poor Kenshin, so misunderstood. All the others can see is the mask he wears and not the turmoil behind it. And here Hiroaki is, seeing only glimpses of what lies beneath but not the true extent. I look forward to seeing what the men make of Tomoe's upcoming presence.
kokoronagomu chapter 6 . 5/12/2010
wow, i can't think -overwhelmed.

at first in the last chapter hiroaki had felt the boy was just a boy who was really good at what he did, and now he seems to have a different attitude. in his own attempts to disengage himself from his job doesn't he see that the boy has been doing that too? one of the reasons why he's so reticent is that everyone avoids him and because of 'job stress'(?)- goodness, if i were to have to keep doing something like that even once i would be so traumatized that i would go blank too.

in manga she had said that she had never given akira any reason to believe she was happy with him, so he went to kyoto and joined the bakufu to impress her (i have issues with tomoe piling all of her own guilt on a poor isolated boy fighting for his ideals but who was being used as a weapon. i don't care what kind of behavior was culturally accepted in that era of japan, the twit should have done so many things differently -starting with akira). *shuts up now*

intense and frightening.

darkly captivated and enthralled,

skepsis66 chapter 6 . 5/12/2010
Phew! Heart in throat moments... your writing leaves me suspended.
gemiinous chapter 6 . 5/11/2010
ahhhhhhhhhh, so they're technically not OCs...i love it! i love the emotion, god, i dont know what i would have done! please update!
indusina chapter 6 . 5/11/2010
Love this fanfic! Please update soon!

RosaLui chapter 6 . 5/11/2010
OMG! As you said, they're THOSE guys. :3

I do love this story!
amie689 chapter 6 . 5/10/2010
I bow to your excellent characterisation.