Reviews for No Expectation
Scarlett Burns chapter 8 . 5/21/2011
This was just absolutely wonderful. Heartbreaking, touching, you've done a fantastic job capturing a moment in time when the infarction is still fairly fresh in everyone's mind and they're all trying to adjust.

Great fic, thanks so much for writing it!
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 8 . 5/26/2009
Oh...my...god...

This is one of the best House fics I have ever read. It's wonderful how well you portray House's relationships with his mother and his father, as well as his mother's private life. I love, love, love that House just shows up out of the blue, and there's no mention of any of the characters from Princeton. It's an age-old story of grown children just, every once in awhile, really needing the milk and cookies :)

John House strikes me as a man who thinks his past actions towards his son are regrettable but necessary, which makes him out to be both a fatherly figure at the same time as being quite scary. Most writers in the House archive that include him in their stories only depict him as an asshole who beat his kid to keep him in line, you don't. You execute it extremely well and it makes the story so much more realistic.

Congratulations, and thanks.

~Swing Girl At Heart
iyimgrace chapter 8 . 3/13/2009
Wow, well done. No expectation met and none received... that pretty much sums up the relationship he had with parents all along. He needed to go home for a bit to ground himself, maybe to remind himself that some things don't actually change. His father was the same person he was when he was a teenager and his mother would always accept him for who he was, no matter what his "inadequacies".

I loved the line...Greg had always been much more sensitive to perceived criticism than he would have people believe.

Brilliant observation! I believe that is very true of his character.
thisiseveryshadeofwrong chapter 8 . 3/13/2009
Wonderful! as always. :)
Potterworm chapter 8 . 3/12/2009
great, as always
420PeaceFrogs chapter 7 . 3/10/2009
Why in the hell would you be so cruel as to end the chapter that way? Please update soon, so I do not go crazy. :)
thisiseveryshadeofwrong chapter 7 . 3/9/2009
i always did think houses dad would have been like this to him. i dont know why, but you wrote it to perfection!
iyimgrace chapter 7 . 3/9/2009
Oh this is so GOOD! I just love it. Excellent chapter full of tangible emotion. Looking forward to more.
Potterworm chapter 7 . 3/9/2009
As always, an excellent chapter. I can't wait for more.
420PeaceFrogs chapter 6 . 3/3/2009
wow...did not fully expect that and you are totally a tease with the shortness of the chapter and the tidbits you let fall :) keep up the good work
thisiseveryshadeofwrong chapter 6 . 3/3/2009
Im gonna continue to review every chapter, because this is a wonderful story!
iyimgrace chapter 6 . 3/3/2009
Ooh, nice integration of the father mystery. I'm dying to find out what's going on with House though... Nice update.
Potterworm chapter 6 . 3/3/2009
another great chapter
420PeaceFrogs chapter 5 . 2/27/2009
Why for is Blythe sick? That is all I can surmise. Please update soon, dying to know what happens and why House is there and everything and stuff and update ;)
thisiseveryshadeofwrong chapter 5 . 2/26/2009
This is such a sad story, but I love it! Please update heaps!